NYC, NY Who Is Your Favorite Jedi?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Xin, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Xin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greetings & Salutations, Everybody!

Don't you just love these threads? Hey, somebody's got to do it, so it might as well be me! ;)

So, who is your favorite Jedi?

Yoda
    Mace Windu
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Anakin Skywalker
    Luke Skywalker

Hmm, hard to chose from, eh? Well, you can only pick one! :D

Let the games begin! :)
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Who's your favorite Jedi yet, who's a Force-machine with all the Fetts...

MACE!

Can ya dig it?
  3. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    He's also a death machine to all the Sith.. :D

My favorite is Yoda. Kung fu master!
  4. VLAmidala Jedi Knight

star 3
    despite my soft spot for an eyeful of WOW, i do believe i'll hafta go with yoda as well.

heh, yoda rocks.
  5. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Yoda, I seek Yoda.

Luke would be next. Unless you count
    Anakin Vader.
  6. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
  7. Anaquinne Jedi Knight

star 3
    Does Anakin count? I guess we won't find out till Episode III if he makes Jedi Knight before being kicked out, but it looks like he never becomes a full-fledged Jedi.

"Oh, Anakin isn't a Jedi. He's just a Padawan." :-D
  8. KitFistoRox Jedi Knight

star 1
  9. skunkpunk1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Luke's definatley the man. I always liked him the best because of all the Jedi I feel that any one of us can realte to him the best. All other Jedi (such as Yoda, Mace etc.) always kept their emotions bottled and their anger supressed.
    Luke, on the other hand, let his emotions control him at times--which I believe most of us actually do in everyday life--and even though this risked his life it made for better fight scenes (there's something about him swinging that light-saber in a fit of rage that makes it just seem cooler...like you know how he feels).
    Luke also managed to become a Jedi knight and bring balance to the force even with his human imperfections. This makes me feel that all types of people, no matter if they arent's perfect, can reach great hights.
  10. JediStylez Jedi Padawan

hands down obi-wan....he should have been the chosen one. you heard anakin: he's as wise as yoda and as powerful as mace. he's bad ass with a lightsaber and has an awesome use of the force. he countered dooku's lighting shocks. anakin's fall isn't substantially obi wan's fault. anakin was a basketcase to begin with. and whatever was his fault, he reconciles it by schooling anakain in episode 3 and teaching luke, the eventual savior of the galaxy. obi wan's the man.
  11. DruKalita Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll say Qui-Gon. He's calm, collected, and cute. He's good in battle, he's not afraid to take risks, and hell, he was even macking on Shmi. Sure, he gets skewered by Maul, but at least it wasn't a "punk" death.

Second place is Obi-Wan, who is cute and funny, and then there are the scenes where he's wet. Unfortunately, I have to knock him down a bit after my last screening of AOTC, I realized he's still kinda immature.
  12. Anaquinne Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, Ani's a basket case, Obi-Wan still isn't quite mature (he really was just too young to become a master--but by the time he's Alec Guiness I think there can be no doubt), Qui-Gon is a maverick who failed to see that Anakin was demon spawn, and Luke kissed his sister.

WOW factor aside, Yoda is probably the greatest Jedi master. He's wise, but whimsical, but kickass when he needs to be. Kit Fisto isn't a master, right? He does rock, but he's just a knight, so I dunno. And Obi-Wan is definitely very wise by the time Sir Alec Guiness plays him... although by that time his fighting skills have atrophied. Arrgh.

Oh, wait... the question wasn't who's the greatest, but who's your favorite? Arrg.... Not sure that's any easier.
  13. Tremaniac Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd have to go with Obi Wan on this. His foo is constantly rising, even when hampered with a whiney nutjob of an apprentice. His Jedi Mind Whammy is in top form, and his lightsaber skills are solid. He also has a beard, which as everyone knows, adds to ones foo. Overall, he is the man. His foo is greatest.
  14. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    Old Ben Kenobi. He was the original Jedi.

Mike C. ;)
  15. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    WOW oh WOW...young Obi-Wan for me ;)
  16. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh, dear. After seeing AOTC, there are just so many to choose from.

I want to say Yoda, but I also want to Obi-Wan, Mace, and Kit Fisto...

Ultimately, I would have to say Yoda, but Obi-Wan is a tie, because he a great fighter. Fast, fluid, smooth. He has a great sense of humor, and can kick it with the baddest Sith Lords in the galaxy. And in the end, I wouldn't considered him to be murdered, but rather more like sacrificed to allow time for Luke to leave the Death Star.

Mace is great, but that is just because it's all about Sam "I want you to reach into my robe and pull out my Lightsaber. It's the one that says Bad ************!" Jackson. Are we looking at the fact that he is a cool character, or just the fact that you have the coolest actor in the world portraying him? Still, after watching him in action in AOTC, he shows what it has to be a great character.

And then you have Kit Fisto, who doesn't say anything in the film, but I think he is the coolest looking Jedi Knight - In fact, he is the only action figure I have bought from AOTC, because of the fact he looks so cool.

Arrrrgh, too many choices...too many choices!!!
  17. bobajames Jedi Knight

star 3
    Plo Koon is the best........
  18. BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Knight

star 3
    EVERYTHING we know about Jedi is filtered through Alec Guinness' performance as old Ben. Luke's Jedi persona is nothin' but Ben. Qui-Gon is nothin' but Ben. Yoda is a puppety version of Ben. Mace is a Black Ben.

That much said, I still have to write in a vote for Luminara Unduli. Not nearly enough screen time. She's a hottie, and perfectly brings out that chic priestess thing that Farscape does so well.

19. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    After seeing Yoda fight Dooku, Yoda cemented his place as the number one Jedi in my humble opinion. BTW Kit Fisto IS a Jedi Master!
  20. Moeskywalker64 Jedi Master

star 4
    "I want you to reach into my robe and pull out my Lightsaber. It's the one that says Bad ************!"
    Hmmmmm now where have I read that before :)

Obviously Yoda is the man and Mace is up there with him but I just think it has got to be Luke. I mean unlike the Jedi of old Luke has not put a lot of restrictions on the Force. I mean he is the most human of the Jedi and he actually thinks and uses his own intuition rather than just blindingly following.
  21. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  22. QofNaboo Jedi Knight

Sittin' in a swamp down on Dagobah where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda, S_O_D_A sooooda. Saw a little lump sittin' there on a log, I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said Yoda, Y_O_D_A yooooda, yo yo yo yo yodaaaaa.

Yoda by far. He taught them all! Obi-Wan is a close second tho, he's the greatest, the classic tragic hero figure. Ahh, and so cute too! Don't get me wrong, Yoda's hot stuff, but a WOW, geeeez....
  23. KitFistoRox Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am amazed at the love Kit Fisto is getting in this thread. Thank you all for validating my existence!
  24. Luvz-Qui-Gon Jedi Padawan

no question in my mind..........Liam Neeson was the greatest example of a human Jedi ever and Yoda is my tied favorite
  25. SJLinNYC Jedi Knight

star 1
    Gotta be Mace! Just for that flip off the balcony/whip off the burning robe/deflect laser blasts combo in the Geonosis arena. Yeah, we waited 22 years to find out why Yoda was the master (and found out in excellent fashion), but Mace's move came out of nowhere and continues to blow me away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.