Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by General Kenobi, Oct 16, 2003.
Aragorn all the way!
I say, Gandalf. He's just awesome!
Gandalf, closely followed by Theoden.
Gandalf the Grey. He rocks!
WHY ISN"T BOROMIR ON THE LIST OF CHOICES!!!!!
My choice is based on the most heroic, the least corruptible and the least selfish. These traits I find the most likable in a character.
1) Samwise Gamgee (the Brave): He seemed to be the only character in the story that wasn't at all effected by the ring. All he was concerned about was protecting his mate from harm until the end of the journey and getting back to his girl in the Shire. He wasn't at all concerned with the power of the ring and could carry it towards the end of the journey without any effect to his personality.
2) King Theoden: Although the battle for Minas Tirith wasn't really his battle, he still turned up anyway, and in doing so he sacrificed his own life. To me he came across like the pure at heart King Arthur.
3) Eowyn: Although she was ordered to stay behind (like all women of that era), she still went to battle disguised as a man. And when King Theoden was struck down, she actually confronted the Witch King one on one! (my kind of gal!)
Eomer and King Theoden are my two favs, i love the Rohinian(sp?). I guess my choice would be Eomer if it had to be one.
The second White Wizard.
Legolas! i like to watch how he fights.
Glorfindel! I can't believe no one else thought of him...
He's closely followed by Elrohir, Elladan, Halbarad, and Ioreth...
But, if we're going off of the movies, definitely Sam.
My heart belongs to Legolas, though... but I'm still miffed that Arwen stole Glorfindel's part.
Here's my list:
1. Gandalf --Old guy who packs a serious punch. Nice old man--how could you not like him?
2. Aragorn --Heir of Isildur and of the throne of Gondor. King of men. Commander of an army of dead people. Wielder of Anduril, flame of the west. Ridiculously awesome fighter--he took out a whole division of Orcs at the end of FOTR. There's more to say, but that's enough. Barely second to Gandalf.
3. Legolas --This guy has the moves! The coolest fighter of them all with a bow and twin sabers. Way cool. End of discussion.
4. Boromir --He came around alright in the end--one of the most valiant of men of Gondor. Worthy of the title of Steward. He just plain rocked.
5. Eowyn --Arwen wasn't half the person that Eowyn was--this girl just plain rocked in every category.
Yeah, that annoyed me, too. Arwen quite frankly looked silly riding a horse like that, but, that's just me.
Eowyn all the way. Just like a Jedi with that sword of hers, although she could use some practice. Love her anyway. Legolas comes in second. My favorite archer in the world. And i don't think that it will hurt to mention that Eowyn is practicly his soulmate. BOOO FARAMIR! EVIL, EVIL, EVIL, EVIL, EVIL! I wish Denethor had burnt you up with him!
Gandalf the Grey/White
Gollum is da bomb.
I'm a huge Eowyn fan, more from the book than from the movies. The chapter where she faces the Witch King is my favorite battle of the whole trilogy.
My fav is Aragorn... I love how is character evolves throughout the story.
When I read the books, I always liked Legolas the best (must have been the pointy ears and cool language ) but in the movies, I prefer Aragorn.
Though Legolas is cute. And I like a man with a bow and arrow.
why hasnt anyone said treebeard?? the ents were awesome in general. my next choice would have been the ringwraiths, the agents of lotr.
Boromir or Faramir