main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who is your favorite of the major 4

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 21, 2014.

?

Who is your favorite of the 4 main characters of TCW

1. Anakin

18.0%
  2. Obi Wan

41.0%
  3. Ashoka

23.0%
  4. Rex

18.0%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well this thread was a flash from the past.

2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Im not the biggest fan of Anakin either, he can be an arrogant over confident punk like Han Solo. I have no beef with the PT actor though like some others do, it just Anakin / Vader kinda reminds me of Johnny Lawrence from Karate Kid. Plus he never knew how to handle Ahsoka.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I think you're right. As far as I'm concerned, Rex was definitely one of the main characters.

In fact, one of the things I liked about the way TCW handled their lead characters was that they went for more of a "Big Four," for once, then yet another 'Big 3.'

And as far as any other clone overshadowing Rex (kind of suggested earlier in the topic)? I don't know. I mean, of any clone we've ever come to know from Star Wars, I'd argue that Rex has actually been given the most story attention and is the most prominent.

- Now, don't get me wrong, Boba Fett is the most widely-known clone character of them all, yes. Certainly. But ironically, he is probably a lot more well known among the general public for being 'that SW bounty hunter' than for being a character who also 'happens to be' a clone.

- Someone like Alpha is probably the best known clone from the comics, but I'd bet even a lot of members here at this forum are unaware of him. Sad but true.

- Among the gaming and fiction novels communities, some of Karen Traviss' more renowned creations are very popular, indeed.

- Tartakovsky's CW series gave us some awesome ARCs. Not the least of whom was the BMF himself, Captain Fordo.

- Among the movie-only crowd, there's probably really only one name which springs-to-mind when we say "clone trooper." Commander Cody.

- And yes, there are a few select clones from TCW (the members of the Domino Squad, chiefly; along with a few featured players from among the 501st and the 212th) who were given some wonderful characterization. Fives probably most prominently.

But again, I don't think any of these guys were given the same kind of love and attention from Lucasfilm that Captain Rex was. If there is one "protagonist" from among the clones, it has to be him, right?

shorttrooper and CoolyFett like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He was the Icon for SW.com from 2008 to 2013.

5. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    Tie between Ahsoka and Anakin, I love all 4 of these characters though, but I am not entirely sure Rex can really be considered a "main character", he was around all the time and he does plenty of things but in terms of being the main focus I think Padme gets more and Fives gets almost as much in much less episodes.

CoolyFett likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I disagree Padme gets no development and stays the same she only appears in like 12 episodes.

7. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

You are right, Padme doesn't get much development, but that doesn't mean she doesn't get a lot of focus in most of the episodes she's in. Rex is really only the focused upon character in the Umbara arc and a few scattered episodes like the one with that deserter clone. In terms of character arcs I think the most clear are Ahsoka, Anakin, Ventress and id say Five's development is more clear than Rex's actually.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think if I were to ask DF he would say the big 4 are Anakin, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, and, Rex.

9. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    Rex is my favorite. Hands down.

CoolyFett likes this.
  10. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Rex. Of course I am biased as Clones being my favorite thing in Star Wars. But Rex seriously was an amazing character. He had some great development and probably was in a lot of the more interesting episodes.

Coffee Two Sugars likes this.
  11. Base Delta Zillo

Base Delta Zillo Jedi Knight

Feb 5, 2015
    Intresting that Rex is number 2 in this poll.

12. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Definitely my man Obi-Wan he's probably my favorite Jedi of all time. Then Ahsoka, Then Anakin, and I never liked Rex.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Booo.:p

14. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I know. I wanted to like him, but he just wasn't interesting to me. I don't hate Rex tho.

15. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Rex, I am a sucker for his type of character and story arc. With Ahsoka a close second. Anakin and Obi-Wan always amuse, but are rather static characters in TCW.

Coffee Two Sugars likes this.
  16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Obi-Wan is by far and away the most multifaceted, most complex and most interesting of the characters in this quartet. There's so much of his background and history we know nothing about, especially compared to what we know about the others, all sorts of things from the past pop out. Like who would ever have figured that he once was in an intense relationship with a Mandalorian leader way back when? And then suddenly out of the blue it turns out that hey bub, that's exactly what happened. And so on, and so forth... Obi-Wan will always surprise you.

Anakin is kinda heavy with his emotion / anger issues at times, he seems a bit one dimensional sometimes, he's quick to resort to blunt instrument solutions to every situation without giving much thought to it. When Anakin turns up, you pretty much know what you're gonna get. It's gonna be all "Anakin SMASH puny badguys!" and that's just how it's gonna be.

Ahsoka is very similar to Anakin. Minus the over the top emo stuff. (Although to be fair, Anakin's emo stuff was never as OTT in TCW as it was in RoTS.) But yeah... she's kinda hampered by the fact that she's so young, and hasn't really got the background yet for higher complexity. Possibly a bit more dimensional than Anakin... she really shone in the Wasskah duology, becoming a rock to those kids when they really needed something like that. Yeah... Anakin would just have gona all hulk smash puny trandoshans which might have saved the kids but wouldn't have looked after them mentally the way Ahsoka did. Anakin would probably have let Kalifa choke the guy to death.

Rex is a good solid soldier, an all around great guy, he's funny, witty, he's honorable and you can really empathize with him. For a clone, one of countless like him, grown in half the time of a normal man, and for one purpose, he nonetheless has more depth to him than Anakin. But he doesn't just reach the level of complexity and intrigue that surrounds Obi-Wan. A "collection of half-truths and hyperbole" I believe Satine called him.

Yeah.

Trebor Sabreon and shorttrooper like this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Anakin followed closely by Obi-Wan and I agree Padme and the droids should be in the list. Don't really care that much about the others.

18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Obi-Wan is my favourite, he was just so classy and refined.

My favourite Obi-Wan moment was in Season 5 Episode 7, Bound for Rescue. Grievous has completely thrashed Obi-Wan's forces and gets to the control room to find Obi's message. It's just hilarious, especially the way it starts to loop at the end.

"General Grievous, you have defeated me."

19. HayaMika

HayaMika Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2015
    I just started watching the Clone Wars and right now I'm super attached to Obi-Wan, Anakin AND Ahsoka...

Though I do have a stronger attachment to Obi-Wan...

20. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Pretty much the same.

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Ahsoka, no contest. And please spell her name correctly, dammit!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Oddly enough, Ahsoka.

23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Yeah! There's The Emperor, literally, trying to steal Ahsoka's thunder again! I've seen a bit of that going around... [face_rofl]

rumblewagon likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah.

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I think Rex was the closest thing they could get to Jango. He may have been just as skilled. I think they could have used the Slick clone more, he would have be a cool Jango replacement. Padme had some good scenes and a perfect mix of action and politics.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.