Ohio Who is your favorite Star Wars character and why?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jade-Walker, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought this might be a good starting point for discussions and getting to know one another.

My favorite is Mara Jade. Honestly, I'm not completely sure of all of the reasons--just that I like her. She's strong--either with or without relying on the Force. She was one of the first female characters to emerge in the SW universe. And she's a strawberry-blonde (that's what red-gold means according to Zahn, BTW ;)).
  2. Tobey-Wan Force Ghost

star 9
    Obi-Wan is my favorite from the movies. More Ewan's Obi-Wan the Sir Alec's Obi-Wan, though I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's the Tobey-Wan/Obi-Wan thing.

My favorite EU character is Corran Horn. Cop/pilot/Jedi/family man.
  3. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Corran is on my favorite list, too. :) He has integrity and innate sense of what is right and wrong, although at times he can be a bit rigid about it. ;)
    Plus I've always liked how Stackpole doesn't totally ignore that SW characters are people--Corran has passion.
  4. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    you have no general "hi how are you?" threads, so i thought i'd stop in here and say hi.

my favorite character is Obi-Wan Kenobi, both from the OT and th PT. he's got integrity and such a strong sense of right & wrong--i love his character and could probably gush about him for days...

anyway, hiya from chattanooga :)
  5. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm...you're right. We don't [face_blush]
    Tobey, we'll have to work on that. ;)

But welcome :D

Obi? Despite thinking that Ewan is simply [face_love], I've never thought of Obi as a favorite. I really liked the Jedi Apprentice books because they showed a different side to him--how he gained a lot of his positive gifts.
    But perhaps I'm just too attached to the post-RotJ EU.

My second favorite character is/was ;) Anakin Solo. He was set up to be the next Luke and to have a special destiny. I think that Del Rey really let us down with killing him off like they did. He was a much better hero than that dithering, weak Jacen will ever be. :rolleyes:

6. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have to admit my favorite character of all time is Luke Skywalker. Yes, I know he was whiny in A New Hope! LOL That just lends more to the entire transformation he goes through on his way to becomming a Jedi Knight. I think I brainwashed myself watching the stuff day in and day out as a child, personally... hehe. But really, Luke is sort of the "everday hero." He was just a kid and ends up being the guy who stands up to the dark forces in the universe and says "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." That's the character I think many identify with, because in our heart of hearts, it's the type of person we want to be - the one who finds courage when it's most crucial.

7. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd have to agree. Luke was always my favorite growing up. :)
    Then I grew up and saw the SE OTC in the theater and thought Han was just [face_love]

This whole deal about Anakin having always been the hero of the SW universe that GL is now spouting is nonsense. It all started with Luke. Gl didn't name Vader after himself. He named the son--the protagonist of the OTC after himself.

I like your answer, Mav. :)
  8. Darth-Shul Jedi Knight

star 1
    Boy, I agree as well about luke. I will tell you the books in the clone wars have been outstanding in letting us in on some character building and Yoda is definately emerging as the main character. However, I must also admit I'm most intrigued by Anakin thus far. As well as Luke having to face his demons and fears, so does Anakin. The only difference is right now he doesn't realize the difference between the oneness of the force and the dark side. Ironically, Obi-wan is never around when Anakin gets a little testy and goes force-nuts and starts leveling hundreds in mere seconds. It is quite awesome. When he is done, he thinks he was one with the living force and not the dark-side. I suspect in the labyrinth of evil which I will begin in a week or so, the plot will thicken so to speak and he may start to realize the dark nature, who knows. Palpatine knows Anakin's weekness/anger and exploits it that is for sure. Luke had Ben, maybe Ben knew he made a mistake with Anakin or was too concerned about the clone wars. After all, Jedi are not warriors, just keepers of the peace.
  9. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that it's a very interesting conundrum that the Jedi have found themselves in during the Clone Wars. They are keepers of the peace, yet are waging war. Their safe little "world" has been ripped to shreds and it's only the strong and the flexible that are going to survive it--namely Ben and Yoda.
    I think that Shatterpoint has been the most thought-provoking of the Clone Wars lot.

I was rather diappointed by Jedi Trial. It just didn't endear me to the characters or the plot like others--including the Medstar duology--had. I was so excited to see that they were going to have Nejja Halcyon in it since he's Corran's grandfather :D And he and Anakin could have some good moments and adventures together. But so much potential and it fell so flat! :(

I have yet to read Dark Rendevous and Labrynth of Evil. I'm looking forward to them.
  10. Darth-Shul Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well what did you think of the irony between Halcyon and Anakin? Interesting foreshadowing. I agree the first 250 pages of most these tweener books are slow and only have one or two great spots. I get geeked up when I read about the power of the force that isn't captured in the movies. Kind of like in aotc when Anakin's mom kicks it and what he actually does to the tuskens' upon his anger. I think you will enjoy dark rend... mostly about yoda and his padawon. Also, he does speak with qui gon. Interesting. I should finish this week.
  11. Tobey-Wan Force Ghost

star 9
    I really need to catch up on these Clone Wars books...
  12. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. You really should before Epi III, Tobey ;)

I agree about loving to learn about aspects of the Force more in depth than you get in the movies. Healing especially. Lightsaber techniques are good, too. :D
    Oh! And Force melds--like the one between Luke and Mara in VotF [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
  13. maiasolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    In the OT, Han was my favorite. Anakin is now. The reasons are very shallow, so I'll leave it to your imagination.
  14. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL [face_laugh]
    Han is on my fav list. He's pretty [face_love] too. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.