Who is your favorite Star Wars Female as of New Jedi Order?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jace_Halycron, Jul 11, 2001.

?

Who is your favorite Star Wars Female as of New Jedi Order?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Leia Organa Solo 61 vote(s) 29.5%
Mara Jade Skywalker 60 vote(s) 29.0%
Jaina Solo 37 vote(s) 17.9%
Mirax Terrik Horn 15 vote(s) 7.2%
Iella Wessiri Antilles 7 vote(s) 3.4%
Callista 3 vote(s) 1.4%
Sera Faleur (Gavin's Wife) 1 vote(s) 0.5%
Padme/Amidala 8 vote(s) 3.9%
Other 15 vote(s) 7.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Master

star 4
    It was more of a retorical question, but what the hey?

I think Mara was right to tell Luke to calm down when he felt Jimmy's death. It was an emotional scene, and Luke was so close to loosing it. Luke is the most powerful Force user in the NJO - can you imagine the power he would unleash if he gave into his anger and grief?

And since it was mentioned in Rebirth, Ben is very much in tune with Mara and Luke, and would feel that anger radiating from his parent. IMHO, that strong a surge in the Force would be catastrophic to the infant.

And as for Mara's past victims - she was taken by the Palpameister at a young age and warped into his personal tool. She had no say in her development from an early age. I have no problem with the sins committed in her past.

Just MHO, of course. ;) :)

R.
  2. KorFallon Jedi Knight

star 3
    If we stuck them all into a ring, who would win?

Mara Jade
  3. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hmm. How would you feel if Mara lost Ben and then someone told her to "calm down," lest her Force storm grief or whatever crapola the author decided to pull out of their nether regions harm a Force-sensitive child?

If we put them all in a ring, who would win? Mara Jade, since she's the most experienced murderer, and has displayed no regret over her past, even assuming an air of moral superiority that she hasn't earned. Then there's a lot she hasn't earned. Like the title of Jedi master. Some author decided to give that to her to make her "more kewl."
  4. Jedi_JoJo Jedi Master

star 1
    shelly, its past your bedtime-- go to sleep
  5. Jace_Halycron Jedi Master

star 4
    Is SbS stuff no longer considered spoilers?

To no longer require spoiler warning?
  6. AthyraFire Jedi Knight

star 2
    Shelley: i think maybe you're letting your animosity towards Mara get a little carried away. maybe you should relax a bit about her, lest you make yourself sick. the negativity and stress you're putting yourself through can't be good for you.

anyway, in response:

"--Mara gets the job done. Then she brushes her hands off and picks up little Ben.-- And then little Ben screams his head off. "

funny, he seemed rather content to be cared for by his mother for the majority of times she held him. i wonder, how much experience have you had around babies? as an aunt to three nephews and two neices (all of which i've babysat numerous times both as infants and as older children), i can tell you that sometimes babies just scream and scream for apparently no reason. THEY know why they're screaming, but sometimes you just can't figure it out. then someone else picks them up and, voila, no more screaming. perhaps there was a tag on his clothes that was poking him and it moved when he was shifted to Leia's arms--perhaps he had a gas bubble and when he was passed to Leia it moved and no longer was hurting him. i seriously doubt he senses the "evil" in his mother and didn't want to be around her. he didn't want his father to hold him, either. and i think we can say there is no "evil" in Luke. for some reason, he was just comfortable being held by Leia for once. babies are like that.
  7. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Jedi_JoJo--LEAVE ME ALONE. I don't like you following me around. If you think my posts are so awful, don't read them.

And learn how to spell my name, please.
  8. -Vergere- Jedi Master

star 4
    No doubt about it. Leia. As of SbS.

I really wish she would complete her Jedi training in its entirety.
  9. dark_jade Jedi Knight

"jania"? uh-huh ....

anyways, i voted for padme, but i think tahiri should be on that list too. i really liked her, and even though she might not be a "main" character, i think a lot of other people like her as well.
  10. Jace_Halycron Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I made this poll before Rebirth, so I didn't even know who Tahiri was.

I skipped the YJK series.
  11. Greesha Jedi Knight

star 3
    Amidala/Padme is my favorite PT character, Leia is my favorite OT character, Mara Jade is my favorite pre-NJO EU character, and Jaina is my favorite NJO character. So I voted for Jaina.
  12. Impyria Jedi Knight

Lady Tarkin!

Now, now, everybody just think about this for a moment. According to the canon, Ysanne is dead. Daala is missing. Lady Tarkin's fate is officially listed in the first edition of the EGC as "unknown." The new edition of the EGS gives a bit more info about her, but does not change her fate. If Vader had choked her, the EGCs would have said so. What a shame to leave the strongest Imperial female on the shelf!

Talk about succeeding in a man's universe! Here we have someone who runs a mining company and a penal colony to support it, which very likely means heavy involvement in the Mining and Commerce Guilds. She very likely had to play hostess for the unmarried Palpatine for decades for all of his high-level diplomatic events, as well as hosting her own, such as the 13th Imperial Diplomatic Conclave.

And as for that, here we have someone who not only stands up to Darth Vader, talks right back to him ("Your troopers have them surrounded! They don't have a chance!"), but chases Rebels right alongside him in ball gown and heels! Independently wealthy in her own right. Able to maintain a presence in Imperial diplomacy on her own after the loss of her husband. A working businesswoman--not some damsel laid up on a fainting couch! A stalwart commitment to the Empire!

This lady is Empress material!
  13. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would have to say Mara Jade Skywalker.
  14. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm going to be the rebel and say Anja Gallandro! :D That girl needs a cameo! :p

Jae Angel
  15. Macewindu77815 Jedi Master

star 4
    Mara because she is so much of abetter fighter than Leia and she is cooler than Leia.
  16. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Force Ghost

star 4
    Vergere, intresting and mysterious...and a Jedi :)
  17. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    toss up between Mirax and Padme...I went for Mirax. I think that because she has had better development (more is known about her) than that of Padme.
  18. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Here's how I'd rank them:

1. Padmé
    2. Leia
    3. Mon Mothma
    4. Beru/Shmi
    5. Callista
    6. Gaeriel Captison
    7. Teneniel Djo
    8. Tenel Ka
    9. Winter
    10. Jaina Solo

Worst Female: Mara Jade
  19. So_Slick Jedi Padawan

Leia has done more for the galaxy than any other woman. Check out the Official Star Wars sources where it is stated in plain black and white.
  20. _Zap_ Jedi Knight

star 3
  21. SkywalkersFan Jedi Padawan

22. Maverick15 Jedi Knight

star 1
  23. Crazy_Vasey Jedi Master

star 4
    What is the world coming to when Mara is getting more votes than Leia.
  24. MikeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Winter is my favorite. She doesn't need tons of attention to show how great of an character she is like the other SW females listed. No offense to my other favoirte SW females Leia,Shimi,Mara,and Barriss.
  25. Lucid_Lady Jedi Master

star 4
    Can anyone tell me more about Sera Faleur? I know a little but no alot.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.