main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Who is your favorite villain in the EU?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AstroDroid88, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  2. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    So many great villains it's hard to choose. Bane is amazing Bc he brings a different type of villain to the EU. Lord Scourge is awesome Bc he just betrays everyone just to kill the emperor. And of course Thrawn for his sheer genius and the fact he isnt a sith nor Jedi .

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. DarthKuriboh

DarthKuriboh Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2007
    Just... Thrawn

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Hego Damask/Darth Plagueis

5. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    When you say ''EU'' I take it as only EU characters that didn't appear in the Canon.

In this case probably Darth Krayt.

6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    So does anyone agree even remotely with Lumiya's teachings.

7. DarthKuriboh

Aug 8, 2007

Lumiya's "teachings" were a falsehood that she used to manipulate a very moral person into doing immoral things. She was able to convince Jacen that Sith exist to serve the galaxy (which he had been taught to do literally from birth) and that Sith provide order and justice. Sith serve themselves. It has never been anything but. From Naga Sadow to Freedon Nadd to Bane to Zannah to Palpatine... they have all served themselves. The Dark Side is the side of self aggrandizement.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Scourge is indeed awesome - I think he's more an antihero than villain though. Also agree on Bane, at least in Path of Destruction. In the two sequels he's a full-on villain though, which makes sense since he is THE Dark Lord of the Sith, the most powerful dark force anywhere in the galaxy (excluding entities like Son of course).

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    What about her drilling the concept of sacrifice into him?

10. DarthKuriboh

Aug 8, 2007

That was the manipulation. Jacen was raised with the idea of personal sacrifice, although it was the sacrifice of self and attachment. it's not that difficult to switch the target to others when someone has complete belief they are in the right.

11. Sanguinius

Sanguinius Jedi Knight

Mar 1, 2017
    Kreia, if you can even call her a villain, but she's one of the best SW characters period regardless

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The Vong-once you understand their story of losing the force and their connection to life being broken and misguided seeking pain to reconnect to the universe and all its love as Jacen would say you really love them-I did.

Reborn Palpatine-I know a lot of people don't like him and yeah it might devalue the movies but this is Palpatine mask off, politics cast aside, and niceties scrapped he wants to be God Emperor of the Universe corrupt alike or possess Anakin's grandchild. It's crazy and egotistical but really shows Palpatine as he really is.

Palleaon-he's not a villain in the bad sense an antagonist with somewhat social Darwinian ideas(see Destiny's Way) but he isn't some too bit warlord or somebody with delusions of reconquering the Galaxy for the Empire! He's realistic, gets politics, and knows when to give up. Yet in his speech to the moffs about surrendering so as to wait for the NR to self destruct you see that yes as decent he is he is an Imperial to the core.

The Rakata-an elder race that isn't benovelent, tender, wise or gentle-slavery, eating slaves, cannibalism, dark side use, and a star forge these amphibians are terrifying in what they accomplished via the force and presumably via savagery.

The Ssi-Ruu-velociraptors who like sucking people's souls(basically) campy fun and yet terrifying when you really think about entechment.

The Hutts(ancient Republic)-basically in Xim's day these slugs weren't simply gangsters they knew how to manipulate whole civilizations into joining them as slaves indefinitely, apparently could defeat a top general with war droids using slave armies and were a force to be reckoned with so much that millennia later in the SCGW fear existed that the Hutts might remilitarize.

13. Nemuro

Nemuro Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2003
    Nom Anor.

That guy was a riot.

Force Smuggler and Sanguinius like this.
  14. Sanguinius

Sanguinius Jedi Knight

Mar 1, 2017
    Nice choice

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Onimi the real supreme overlord, the Vong who discovered the eighth cortex as empty and rediscovered the force. Thought he was waging wars against the gods-crazy court jester who is the power behind the throne. One of the greats.

YeahOkayCool and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    A underrated villain, I liked Alto Stratus from the Republic comics, Battle of Jabiim arc.

Him beheading that jedi master is still one of the most chilling things I've seen in a star wars comic.

17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Darth Maladi-sinister, and devious.

Dif Scaur-someone who advocated genocide.

Alema Rar-broken, crazy and abandoned I felt sympathy for her.

thrackan sal solo-an all around terrible person.

SpecForce Trooper and PCCViking like this.
  18. YeahOkayCool

YeahOkayCool Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2017
    1. Darth Plagueis. The epitome of Rule of Two Sith: cultured, cunning, subtle, and eye-blisteringly powerful. A great villain protagonist.
    2. Granta Omega. I don't know why, but his character always creeped me out as a kid.
    3. Darth Ruin. We know almost nothing about him, but everything we do know just tantalizes you with a portrait of a Sith Lord whose philosophy made even his followers fear and loathe him. Does anyone know of any good fan works that deal with Darth Ruin at all?

Kato Sai and Nom von Anor like this.
  19. YeahOkayCool

YeahOkayCool Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2017

I like Bane, but I can't get over the disconnect between what we hear about his subtlety and power through secondhand accounts and the actual Bane Trilogy. In the in-universe nonfiction Darth Bane gets built up as a shadowy, uncompromising reformer who re-invented the Sith and led the groundwork for the Grand Plan. But then you read the Darth Bane novels and it's nothing but BANE ANGRY! BANE SMASH! for hundreds of pages. That sort of continuity-breaking disconnect is the only reason Darth Bane didn't make my list.

20. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Abeloth, of course.

Most tragic? Darth Zannah. That girl had it rough. Given the chance, I would like to be her platonic friend....and maybe redeem her?

21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That was largely Karpshyn's doing. He didn't like the bane comics and so rewrote the character.

But he was intelligent-intelligent enough to trick Kaan with the whole thought bomb thing and to totally rebuild the Sith order from the ground up. A grunt couldn't do that.

22. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Darth Bane and Abeloth are both great, however has to be Plageius and Palpatine(master manipulators)

PCCViking likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Darth Bane

24. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Naga Sadow

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  25. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Darth Krayt, Dred Lord and Dark Lord of the Sith.