main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is your favourite fic writer on the boards?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by TheDarth, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Jedithespian, Emmi, thanks so much! :)

AQ

2. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I didnt check in-depth, but I noticed that Jedi Galadriel was one of the most mentioned. This is for a fanfilm project I might make. Yes, I'm from the fanfilm boards. I would like to make a mock "trailer" for the most liked Fic writer on these boards, as long as the production values are low and its fairly easy..I want to do it as an exercise for my crew and also as a way to bring the fic community to life and possibly bind it with the fanfilm community. Am I correct in my assumption?

~Neszis~

3. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, most "liked" is different from "best." JediGaladriel is simply an excellent, excellent writer, and everybody recognizes that. Other requently mentioned writers may be more "popular" as they say, but I doubt any of us pass JG in sheer talent.

4. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Blush...

Thanks, Mcily. That was sweet. There are a lot of very talented writers on the board, though.

As to the question about a trailer, I think that, if you want recommendations, you might need to be a bit more specific about what you have to work with, production-wise, or what your preferences are. Do you like to work with original characters, or do you have people that you plan to "re-cast" as the established characters? Or are you doing CGI animation? That will make a difference as to which authors might work best with you. My stuff is about 90% about established characters, mainly the Skywalker family (though I do have three fics that are mainly original characteres), while people like Talon Squad Leader specialize in original character work. Other people use a lot of EU characters.

5. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Read the thread "Anyone ever try to write a script?" and I coincidentally answered that very question :). I could dig up SOME cg, but I think familiar characters of the SW universe are out of the question. I probably would have about a $1k budget (for costumes and settings).

Very well said about the difference between best and most popular, yet I read some of the sequel to By the Grace of our lady vader (sorry..havent had much time recently) and it is truly awesome. Also, this would be the creation of a totally new script, specifically for a movie, but shaped how the writer sees it.

~Neszis~

6. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Here's my favorites, in almost particular order:

Jedi Galadriel ;) (I cry every time I read her Father's Heart series ? they're amazing!! They were also the first fanfics I ever read.)
    SiriGallia
    princess-sari
    Obischick

7. 00Jedi_James

00Jedi_James Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    i still think that Jedi Alman has the best story yet
    he doesn't get much credit cause no one reads it
    IT is about anakin solo (Jedi Alman is part of FADA) and tahiri

here is a link to the story

A Hero's Love- Trial of Circumstance

8. Jedi_Wurth_Skidder

Jedi_Wurth_Skidder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2002
    I think these boards need to have a counter on each thread so you can tell how many times your thread has been read. I don't care if I'm anyone's favorite writer (lord knows I'd hate to have to live up to those expectations with every post), but I'd just like to know that I have SOME people reading.

9. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Thanks for the credit James!

I must admit that I write FanFics far more than I read them, but the ones that did catch my eye enough to pull me in to read were written by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Jedi_Knight_Satine, Liana_Joppa and Blindman. Good job guys and girls!

10. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002

I must admit that I write FanFics far more than I read them, but the ones that did catch my eye enough to pull me in to read were written by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Jedi_Knight_Satine, Liana_Joppa and Blindman. Good job guys and girls!

11. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002

12. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Triple post. Hee hee. :p

13. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    I think these boards need to have a counter on each thread so you can tell how many times your thread has been read. I don't care if I'm anyone's favorite writer (lord knows I'd hate to have to live up to those expectations with every post), but I'd just like to know that I have SOME people reading. >>

Yeah, but I fear I'd find out just how many lurkers I REALLY have..hehe.

-Tim

14. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
  15. TheDarth

TheDarth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    Whose thread is THIS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.