main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is your most loyal readers? (come on, give them the credit they deserve!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Miana Kenobi, Apr 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, since there are always best writer nominees, I thought it's time to honor those who nominate the writers: the readers. So this is the list of the best Uppers, Boosters, and people who read your story even if you think it's terrible!

~~~~~
    My list:
    Stranded in Space (JT, I owe ya everything. You were there when I started my first story *cringe* Jedi Christmas carol. You're always there reading my cruddy stories and telling me they're good. Thank you so much for your support. Band Nerds unite! ;) )
    Empress of Justice (OJ, you've supported me when I thought no one was reading. You gave me and Maeve Nadia an ending plot for Mimicking (thank you so much!!) and threatened to sick Barney, MotherGoose, and the Knights who say Ni on me when I haven't posted.)
    EMPRESS (Emp, you've stuck with me and said my stories are good even when you didn't have to. Thank you for your ups, your boosts, and encouraging me to continue bad stories.)
    Casper_Knightshade (Casp, by being one of my most eager readers of Incurable, you helped me through the hard time of losing a friend. You advertise my stories and get me new readers. You read my new story even though you have no clue what is going on. Thank you so much)
    Princess-Sari (Sari, back and forth we go, you reading my story and me reading yours. Thank you for your support in Incurable and Life Goes On. It's the encouragement of people like you and Casper that helped get me through Julie's death. I thank you all with the deepest gratitute I can give.)

Anyone else?

2. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    I've been nominated! (cries happy tears)

My list:

Miana Kenobi: For reading my fanfics, no matter how humble, and for critiquing. For giving me a role model for my own stories.

Padmemichelle: For upping my fanfics. And for waiting patiently for me to respond.

Keisha: For being my co-author on several projects, and for your emails and posts to try to keep me up with my stories. You are awesome girl, God bless you. :)

3. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    First, my 3 betas: ArnaKyle, Marawannabe, and Alderaan21. They rock.

Cynical21: A person I always enjoy talking with, and I like having such a great writer among my readers.

Amidala_Skywalker: She's always very cool, and has been very encouraging regarding my venture into the SW fanfic universe. Same for Red_rose_knight, though she's been rather preoccupied of late. She also goes into the "awesome writer" column.

Jedi_Jae: All I can say for her is that it seems regarding storylines, "great minds think alike" apparently. And I'm glad she likes my action scenes, heheh.

Padawan Kitara: I suppose I picked her up from RRK's threads and my debates there, so maybe all my rambling has done some good, heheh.

Really, though, all my readers are great...love you guys!!

-Tim

4. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    <no message>

5. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    (no message)

:(

6. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Chyren18 is probably my most loyal reader.

7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh... this is easy!

Emma3Jane... who became betareader, idea board, scientific adviser, and guide to good sushi restaraunts...

Abbi_Cee... who has been reading since the VERY FIRST FIC I posted! Now if I'm posting and she doesn't show up I feel incomplete :)...

Sarah_K and Lucy... it's nice to get a cat's POV...

princess_sari... who SAYS she never guesses the plot twists (but I think she just tries to humor me)...

JaneJinn... cheerleader, supplier of good cookie recipes, mother of the immortal An-Paj, (and who needs to write faster ;) )...

HaiGan... who guesses the plot twists and still enjoys my stuff, and who doesn't post on her own stories nearly often enough to suit me ;) ...

FurryDuck... who slips in when she can and rounds out the circle (someone else I miss when she doesn't speak up)...

JediGirl of Corellia... another great cheerleader and defender of all things Milo...

and the new additions, handmaiden_Eirtae, who is quiet but constant and Padawan_Kitara... who picks up on the most subtle allusions and can't be fooled!

And two lurkers who... lurk... :)

I don't have lots of readers, but the ones I have are top notch, SMART, and funny and I love hearing from every one of them! Best of all, they all appreciate Original Characters and follow them through good times and bad... um... mostly bad (this IS fanfic!)

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] to you all; posting would be very dull without you!

8. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    I mentioned! Thanks Miana: I do it as a fan and I do it because creatively you are a good writer and I enjoy your story telling.

Let's see......where to start:

Rokangus-There since the first story, he's stuck through all 45 of my broodings on the boards. That's a lot of stuff to read and I appreciate it. More importantly you pretty much, silently, made me finally decide that this was for fun.

Djuva- Same as Rok, and although DRL bites you on the bum from time to time you still make an effort to catch up, and therefore, more or less, it encourages me to slow down to let ya. ;)

Sara_Kenobi- Thick and thin, somehow you manage to do 6 stories at once AND read whatever I got. I don't know how you keep up unless you work in the Coma ward. ;)

Delight- Ya came in late in TDH, you've stuck with me throughout. Now I get to read YOUR stuff. :D

Ty-Gon Jinn- wherever you are man, thanks for taking to time to read everything I wrote and staying with me.

Grand Admiral Jaxx- Another Jedi come late, but you've come in and you've hanged out and dig what I write.

Padawan Di-Lee- You're busy in FFA, but I know you will always catch up: you can't get enough of my darkness. Admit it! ADMIT IT NOW!!!!!!!!! :p

Nerf_Ryder- Yup, you're on my list. Once a Loyal Lurker, now a Loyal Fan. I appreciate all my fans, even more when they take 'The Leap of Faith' (posting) ;)

Maru-Ba- It would be totally wrong of me if I didn't include you. YOU are one of the driving forces why I still write Nadja shorts.

If I forget anyone, shoot me: I'm unarmed. :p

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    All of them :).

10. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    Well, here are my beta-readers who I adore and worship.

Thank you so much to Darth_Fruitcake and Amidala_Skywalker. I couldn't have done it without you (me and my grammatical/confusing posts :p [face_blush] )

And here are my readers :)

blueangel: a new reader, but a fantastic one. Always asking me questions and pressuring the characters :p

Sara_Kenobi: gives great enthusiasm and comments. I love her 'great' comments :D She has great spirit :)

Starblazer: she was there since I first began my two Ami/Ani stories and helped me get some courage ;) Gives great comments :D

Ashamaphone: the crazy girl from the same region as me :D *ducks a as Asha looks on evilly* She's always had a tendancy for me to keep things fluffy :D and doesn't like it when Palpie isn't tortured enough. She has also been one of those readers who follow you on whatever story you make :D She's also stuck through the fic with those nasty squirrels *don't ask :p * I will also grant her wish by getting rid of Palpatine *muwhahaha* She also 'ups' which I love because I can see that I need to write my posts faster :) *giggles*

Darth_Fruitcake: gets lured in by things Ami/Vader (like me [face_mischief] ) She also has a great spirit and wants more :p

anakin_girl (I hope I have that right :) ) : an occasional reader who wants me to write more as well :D Also leaves great comments :)

Angel_Skywalker: Always wants more (that seems common to the rest [face_mischief] ) and also leaves comments which I love to read :)

Also, Pallas-Athena, a new reader who I hope enjoys my story :) left a great comment for me when I took a look at my story :)

And of course, Jeanne_Skywalker[/i] a great person who also leaves great comments :D

Thank you so much you guys :( *sniffles* I'm sorry if I forgot anyone else, If I did, I also appreciate the comments.

11. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    I would say my two most loyal readers are Abbi_Cee and Shanobi. They both give insightful reviews that I just love too see. So thanks guys!

Felicia Z.

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Here's my list of my most loyal readers... The people I can easily say that have seen just about every story I've written.

Starwarsfan1000: You manage to post a reply in everything that I write. And I write alot and often... ;) And you still have time to write your own story A Love Through Time and reply to other stories by others as well. For that I give you a huge thank you Starwarsfan. You've seen me through many stories. Some hard and many good one's to write. Readers like you make it worth while in sticking around. :)

Casper_Knightshade: You are easily a great and loyal reader to my writings Casper. I always look forward to your comments and feedback that you give in the kind manner that you do. In the great Nadja universe that you write steadily in, you still find the time to stop in and say hello in my stories. You've been a steady reader through the good stories and the bad. ;) Readers don't come any better than you. :) For that I thank you.

Jedi_Liz: I don't read your stories not even close to what you've read mine since I've posted here, and you still are a loyal steady poster to my stories. For that I can only thank you Liz. I've always looked forward to all your replies, feedback and questions that you've ever given me. You really keep me on my toes. You're a great reader of mine Liz. No matter how I've written Luke and Mara, you've stuck with me. Again, thank you so much. ;)

To my new readers and one's that I haven't mentioned above. I appreciate you just as much. All of my readers and lurkers are the reasons why it's so much fun to write as much as I do. Without you, I wouldn't likely continue to write as much as I do.Kab, HanSolo, Darklady, Jedi_Xen....Everybody. Thank you! :)

13. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well for me it is easy,

princess-sari - She read my very first fic on the boards, and gave me encouragement from the first word. She was patient when I didn't post for long periods, and helped me feel good about my writing. She even beta'd my fic for the fanfic archives! So, I raise a toast in honour of princess-sari for being the best reader a writer could ever have. Now, two fics on, you're still there, reading my work and making me want to keep posting.

14. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    *stands on stage in ravishing Oscaresque gown*

And the awards for best readers ever go to, in alphabetical order:

DesignSith Dang! I don't know how many times you've come this close to guessing some of my major plot twists. Way to keep this warped little author on the edge of her seat. Great minds think alike, right? ;)

JediLeiaSolo Wonderful reviewer, wonderful reader, and excellent taste in user name. ;) What more could I ask for? Thanks for the speculation, the comments, and putting up with me while I battle Real Life.

Mcily_Nochi Yes, I will have Part One edited eventually. Really. :*} Muchas gracias for all your comments, compliments, guesses, and willingness to beta this monstrosity.

Padawan_Di-Lee my fellow AU author and Wedge fan. :D I love your comments on the spec thread, and I don't mind saying I started squeaking when I saw that you were reading my story.

princess-sari handmaiden ubergoddess. I did another squeaky thing when I saw you posting on my story thread. :) Thank you so much for the detailed comments, encouragement, and overall grooviness.

Sarah_K I just love your comments! Have I ever said that? Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. You've given me some of the nicest compliments I've ever received. :) *hugs* Thanks for sticking with me.

TreeCave: aka the reigning queen of speculation. Your comments, questions, and concrits are more useful than you can imagine. Sometimes it's scary how close you get to guessing everything. :)

Thank you so much, all of you! You really know how to make my day. :)

15. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    ::gets teary eyed::

Wow... I never read this thread before, only to find my name among Lisse's best readers.

It's an honor. :D

And I really do get close? Oh, goody!

16. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Just as JAS said, all of them are loyal.

17. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Many readers have come and gone over the course of one year and three months, but these have always remained with me....

In no paticular order:

Meredith_B_Mallory: The best apprentice anyone could hope for. She leaves great feedback, and is always supportive of my awfully strange stories. You go, girl! :D

DarkLady27: A bouncy, intelligent, funny person who prods the characters I write consistently. Best of all, she always comes back for more. Thanks, DL! :D

StarBlazer: Leaves wonderful feedback, and asks the prompting questions that all good readers are famous for :D

anakin_girl: An intelligent, funny person who gives the occasional "up", and right when I need it. Thanks! :D

blueangel: A persistent reader who insists and insists some more until you post. She's always keeping my on my toes and keeping me going "onward and upward", so to speak. Thank you! :D

Marawannabe: A good friend and a good feedback-leaver, even if it takes quite a few pokes to get her to do so ;) Thanks, buddy! :D

ArnaKyle: She's one of the few people who reads my OC stories and actually enjoys them. She's stuck with me through even the worst OC scenes, and I thank her for that. Oh, yeah, she's also a good friend :D

Amidala_Skywalker: Pretty much the only other person interested in my OC stories. A friend and supporter, she's a great reader. Thanks! :D

And last but not least....

GavinsGirl or MaraJadesFire: My best friend in real life, a fellow SW fanatic, and one of the best readers I could ask for. Thanks, Ashlen! :D

If I forgot anyone, I apologize in advance....

18. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Well, I have had many loyal and kind readers, so this will be a very long list!

(No particular order)

TheFallen - You are always so kind when you reply, and you always encourage me to keep going! Thanks! :)

PadawanKitara - You were the first to reply on my newest story, and from that moment on, I definitely looked forward to your replies! You were always there to reply when it seemed that no one liked my post. Thank you! :D

FELICIA_ZEZILI - You have been encouraging me for a long time now, and it was wonderful to see you posting on my newest thread! Thanks! :)

Shanobi - Thank you, Shanobi, for always keeping me on my toes while writing. You spotted a few (Ahem) places in my writing that left a few loose ends that definitely needed tying up, just by asking a few questions. Thanks for always being there! :)

JediCandy - Thank you for replying to my stories!! You've had to endure me constantly saying that I would post soon-- and then I wouldn't!! Thank you for being so kind and patient with me! ;)

JediClare - Thank you soo much, Clare, just for reviewing and being so kind. Plus, I love your stories! ;)

Cow_Girl - You were with me on my first story. No matter how horrible I thought it was, you were always there to say how much you loved it! Thank you! :D

Kadi-Wan_Kenobi - You were also with me on my first story, and you were just so encouraging! Thanks much! :)

Maija Darklighter - Maija, you were also with me on my first story. Your replies were definitely helpful to me! Thank you, thank you! :)

Cheryl_Kenobi - Cheryl, I have missed you! Where did you go? You were another one of my first reviewers, and just for that reason, you are a loyal reader! You also stuck with me during the next (Yuck) story! Thanks! :D

Sorry if I missed anyone! All of my reviewers need to be thanked, so... THANKS, EVERYONE! I LOVE YOU ALL! :D

KenobisGirl :cool:

19. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    What a nice idea :) Well since i'm relatively new to the boards, i only have 2 fics. But that was enough to pick up some loyal readers :)

First though, i would like to thank all of my readers.........including the lurkers :D

I'd have to say the two most loyal readers i've had throughout both of my fics are PadawanKitara and TheSwedishJedi. Thanks for all the kind words, the uppers, and the constant demand for more :)

Also thanks to CYNICAL21 for the advice and encouragement offered on GH. I often look forward to your insightful comments and Qui bashing :D

Others that deserve mention are: ewen, Athen, Ginger_Jedi, Jacka_Leval, TheFallen, and ShirleyLang.

Thank you all. If I could give you all a little certificate for being such loyal readers....I would :)

20. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    My most loyal reader would have to be Bubba.

Thanks dude!

21. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Thanks Lawg. I'd never pass up great material such as yours.

I nominate Cougar, Lawg Skrak, and in a few cases, Lord Bane. ;)

22. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Lonewolf89 and Sith_lady17 - the two that replied to every chapter of both of the stories in my series. You people helped me more than you'll ever know! :)

Thank you Kenobisgirl and Shanobi! :D You're both just so great.

Huge round of applause from me!

23. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    hmmmmm this is a toughie
    I'd say the top 10..(in no certain order)are..

1.) blueangel
    2.) PadawanKitara
    3.) shanobi
    4.) Angel_Skywalker
    5.) Arwen-Jade_Kenobi
    6.) ShirleyLang
    7.) Ganki
    8.) greencat336
    9.) Obi the Kid
    10.)Abbi-Cee

o.k. and the "runners up" are............
    MysticalMagic, sheleigh, ewen, BLADE_KENOBI, Kenobisgirl, Padawan_Obi_Kenobi,

O.K well I know I missed some so thank you to all my readers for your great replies and for sticking with me when my posts aren't that...consistent ;)

24. Neobi_Kenobi

Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2001
    My very appreciated readers:

Ginger_Jedi -Thank you for being my very first reader.
    Aayla
    Sara_Kenobi
    Lonewolf89
    snowbee-wan kenobi
    -Thank you for reading all my serious fics.
    ewen -Thank you for the very much appreciated criticism.
    KenobisGirl
    PadawanKitara
    Sheleigh
    Jedi7
    SilentJediWriter
    ShirleyLang
    Ganki
    Tahiri
    Padawan3
    TheSwedishJedi
    -Thank you for you many comments.
    The Butler
    red_rose_knight
    shanobi
    Jedisam
    Abbi-Cee
    Nat
    Rainbow_Moon_Angel
    Jacka_Leval
    BlueJedi
    Obi the kid
    Jedi_April
    -Thanks for reading my first humor.

I am sorry if I forgot anyone or if I messed up you name. But thank you very much for reading.

~Neobi

25. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Wow- well I have a few, and they really deserve some credit!

ArnaKyle - She's always on me to write more, and write better! Then after she tears it apart, she compliments me on it! She has really developed me as an author by just nagging! *hee hee* She actually got me to write mush!

Amidala_Skywalker - Gave me a TON of support when I was a newb. Now she still puts up with me in spite of myself!

Qwi_Xux - After we met on a rr thread (fortunately, unfortunately), she's offered encouragement to me to spread to different genres- so I did!

Marawannabe - Probably one of my most vivacious readers, Mara will always reply first and with the most intensity, making her one of my loyalest readers! She also is a strong supporter of twisted weirdness! YAY!

Tyria-Solo - Is undernoticed in all her support! She's replied to just about everything I've ever written- and she liked it! THANKS!

Thanks everyone! You guys are the best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.