main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who killed the most?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by BenduHopkins, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenduHopkins

BenduHopkins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Without spoiling Episode 3 for me, which of the 3 characters do you think killed the most people on screen? This includes blowing up battle stations.
    I'm only talking Episodes 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6, because I don't even want to know a bit about 3.

Anakin
    Luke
    or
    Lando

2. cooker

cooker Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2004
    What about Wedge? Lando always gets the credit for taking out the DSII, but without Wedgie and his steady hand the Emperor would've made them alllllll dead.

As for who killed the most, probably Luke. DSII wasn't completed, but DSI was fully manned. Then there's Luke's kill-crazy rampage on Jabba's sail barge in ROTJ. He's a walking war zone.

3. BenduHopkins

BenduHopkins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I think you're right. Even though Anakin is meant to be the "bad one" Luke seems to kill a lot more than his dad. Even though he could have escaped Jabba's sail barge without blowing it up, he had to go and kill all those alien winos who were just minding their own business, probably passed out on the lower decks of the barge. Like yak face. He seems like an ok guy. And Luke also killed some of Jabba's slaves, most likely.

In the OT, Vader only kills bad guys it seems. And even then, only like 4 of them.

4. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Grand Moff Tarkin.
    Alderaan had way more people than either DS.

5. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    I agree, Grand Moff Tarkin and his crew on the Death Star have the biggest death toll of all in the movies.

So how about a top ten?

1) Tarkin/Death Star crew
    2) Luke Skywalker
    3) Lando Calrissian/Wedge Antilles/Nein Nunb
    4) The gunners and Jerjerod/Emperor on the second Death Star (we see at least 2 rebel cruisers get blown up)
    5) The out-of-control A-Wing pilot who takes down the Executor. (Or would 4 and 5 be reversed? Depends on crew numbers, I guess)
    6) Anakin Skywalker (kills a tribe of sandpeople as well as everyone on the Droid Control Ship in TPM)
    7) Stormtroopers (through the OT they kill rebel soldiers, Jawas, and Ewoks)
    8) Rebel pilots in general
    9) Droid Army, kills a lot of Gungans and Jedi
    10) Leia and Han, tied for 10th for all the dudes they cap throughout the OT.

6. cooker

cooker Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2004
    Well, I was choosing off of his list of Anakin, Luke or Lando. But you're right, Tarkin killed more than all of them combined at Alderaan.

But then, who takes responsibility for the destruction? One of those bug-helmet guys who pushed the button? Tarkin for giving the order? The Emperor for building the DSI in the first place?

Now that I think about it, Palpatine's machinations brought about the invasion of Naboo and the Clone Wars, so he's responsible for a lot of deaths, too.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Tarkin was the one who killed the most directly.
    But if you look at who indirectly caused the most death it would be Palpatine, because he was the one behind the Clone Wars, The destruction caused by the Death Stars, The one behind the destruction of the Noghri planet, Caamas, as well as enslaving many aliens and the purge of the Jedi.

Palpatine/Sidious kills the most.

-Seldon

8. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, considering that the Death Stars would have had a full crew compliment of about 33 Billion, as in 33,000,000,000, then it would had to have been either Luke, Lando, or Wedge (Or Nien Numb. Is it the pilot or the copilot who fires the missiles in the Falcon?)

The DSI was not fully crewed (It had only a little over a million residents, it was nowhere near full capacity) and the DSII was still under construction (not only was it much bigger, but it would have been swarming with construction crews) So, if you split up the kills between Lando, Wedge, and possibly Nien Nunb, then each of them are tied for the number 1 place. That causes us to have to go back to earlier points in the film to look at who made more kills. Since Nunb doesn't appear until the battle of Endor, he takes the number three slot with several billion kills. Wedge shot down a handful of TIEs at Yavin and Endor, and brought down a Walker. Lando killed several stormtroopers at Cloud City. I think that that would put Lando at number two, with several billion kills plus three or four.

And the number one person responsible for more on-screen deaths than any other: Wedge Antilles. He carries responsibility for a third of all deaths on the DSII, plus the AT-AT crew that he brought down and the TIEs that he vaped at Yavin and Endor.

Number 4 would be Tarkin or the faceless technician who fired the DSI at Alderaan, killing a couple billion people.

Number 5 is Luke, with a little over a million kills.

Number 6 is Arvel Crynyd, the suicidal A-Wing pilot who crashed his fighter into the Executor's bridge. He finished off the over 100 thousand souls aboard the Executor, as well as more than a few who were unfortunate enough to be aboard the regions of the Death Star which took the brunt of the collision with the Executor.

Number 7: Han Solo. He's lethal with the blaster, and not too bad with the quad cannons aboard the Falcon. He also has a strange fondness for flipping Stormtroopers over his shoulder.

Number 8: Leia. She also kills her fair share of stormtroopers, and is the one who strangled Jabba to death.

Number 9: Chewie, who finished off several of the prison guards on the Death Star, drove an AT-ST at Endor, and had a fair share of kills at Cloud City.

9. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    7-7-7, I'm just curious as to where you found your information.
    I don't really see Chewie being on the list of top killers.
    I also don't understand the numbers you found for the Death Star. How do you know DSII is bigger? How do you figure that DSI had less people?

Besides it would not be Lando or Numb, The falcons guns are at the top and bottom of the ship. I assume those are the guns they used. So there would have to be other people shooting there.

-Seldon

10. DS615

Oct 30, 2003
    The DS2 was going to be 2 times the size of the original when completed, if you go by the ILM model makers. The official site only says that it was "larger". But still, 33 billion people is way, way to high a number.

The official site lists the crew of the DS1 at 1,161,293. If the DS2 was twice that, then the total deaths would be 3,483,879.

Since the DS2 wasn't done, there would have been less crew. But the increased number of contractors would have likely made up for that.

11. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Anakin.

If you wanted to consider all movies though Arnold Scwharzenegger I think has the most screen kills.

12. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "Besides it would not be Lando or Numb, The falcons guns are at the top and bottom of the ship. I assume those are the guns they used. So there would have to be other people shooting there. "

Actually the Falcon fired torpedoes at the DSII's reactor. The launchers are inbetween the forward forks and I do believe those are controlled from the cockpit so it would be Lando or Nien Numb.

13. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    If you go by EU it is either Kyp Durron or Palpatine

I'm not including NJO stuff because I have not yet read it.

14. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    EU wise, it would probably be Naga Sadow, and his group of Sith Lords

15. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    then the total deaths would be 3,483,879.

so, let me get this strait. youre saying that half the population of the san fransisco bay area is enough people to man a space station that, when spread out into a large one story werehouse is big enough to cover America?

16. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    The DS2 was going to be 2 times the size of the original when completed, if you go by the ILM model makers. The official site only says that it was "larger". But still, 33 billion people is way, way to high a number.

The official site lists the crew of the DS1 at 1,161,293. If the DS2 was twice that, then the total deaths would be 3,483,879.

I totaly agree. 33 billion people is toooooo large a number for any kind of space station. Just think that earth's entire population is less than 6 billion.
    Also, the Executor has a much bigger crew than all the Alliance cruisers that were blown by DS2.

17. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    The award definitely goes to Tarkin.

18. Lord_Makro

Nov 13, 2002
    Yes, I agree about Tarkin.

19. ben_07

ben_07 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I think Palpatine, he is the one who caused EVERYTHING to happen. And the Death Star is NOT the size of America, its diameter is like 120 miles, and the second one is 160.

20. Lord_Makro

Nov 13, 2002
    I think Palpatine, he is the one who caused EVERYTHING to happen.

That's a good thought. If you take that Palpatine is responsible for all the actions of the Empire, then he is by far the top of the top. But not directly responsible anyway...

21. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    the Death Star is NOT the size of America, its diameter is like 120 miles, and the second one is 160.

im not talking about diameter, im talking about volume.

if you took all the levels of stories and put them side by side, instead of staked on top of eachother, then it would be clear that 3 million is a drasticly low number.

22. Lord_Makro

Nov 13, 2002
    if you took all the levels of stories and put them side by side, instead of staked on top of eachother, then it would be clear that 3 million is a drasticly low number.

3 million is NOT a low number. We are talking about crew that is needed to operate the Death Star here. It's not like a space station where people are supposed to live (from the surface to the core). It wasn't built to be inhabited by people, it's just a big weapon. And I think that 3 million is a big enough number of people to operate this thing.

23. DS615

Oct 30, 2003
    And I think that 3 million is a big enough number of people to operate this thing.

Especially considering that most of the internal space is taken up by the reactor and the superlaser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.