main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who knew of the Sith plot

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by aPPmaSTer, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    I noticed that it wasn't only Dooku and Sidious that knew about the plot to start a war in the galaxy. Jango Fett knew all about it cuz he was the host of the clones and he was always hanging around Geonosis.

I'm also not sure if the Geonosians knew about it because of the Death Star plans, who Dooku told them he was taking to Coruscant to his master. I guess like this they know the whole plot.

Anakin of course should have figured it out as soon as he figured out the Palpatine was Sidious, bot for some reason that's not shown very clearly.

Who else knew about this plot...pre ROTS?

2. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Palpatine's closest aids (Sly Moore and goodness the other name escapes me at the moment) were also in the 'know' of the Chancellor's true ambitions.

3. Veraden

Veraden Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I believe that only the Sith new about the Sith plot. Just cause Jango was in league with the Separatists, it doesn't mean he knew about the Sith. Heck, EVERYONE knew about the Separatists, but not about the Sith.

I am not sure about Palpatine's aids though (Sly Moore and Orn Free Ta) whether or not they knew is not known unto me.

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Orn Free Taa is the Twilek senator of Ryloth. You must mean Mas Ameeda

5. Veraden

Veraden Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    ooh, whoops. Yeah thats the one. :p

6. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    "Palpatine's aids"

Basically them

Good Stuff

7. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Poggle the Lesser knew which always bugged me. Its the biggest secret in the galaxy and he should'nt be in on it or at the very least Dooku should lower his voice a bit when talking about "my master". What if Gunray had been behind him?

8. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Only Sidious knew of the entire Sith plot - the who, how, when, where and why. And even he didn't have complete foresight in all matters (e.g. the Queen's drive and determination in TPM, Vader almost killed in RotS). If you think he told the whole thing to Maul or Dooku, I feel sorry for you. Dooku's reaction in Revenge of the Sith says it all. Palpatine invariably showed Dooku a large piece of the chess board, almost certainly a better glimpse than anyone else got, but he still left parts in shadow. In fact, a better analogy would be to say that he DID reveal the chess board to Dooku but offered him a skewed perspective.

One thing you DON'T do as a master manipulator, and certainly as a Sith Lord, is show your entire hand. Sidious learnt the mistakes of past masters by layering his deception rather than simply concealing the truth. By doing the former and avoiding the latter, he was able to correct the failings of past masters by keeping the ones who would have otherwise killed him at arm's length. As for non-Sith... In true Godfather fashion, Sidious reserved himself as purveyor of all knowledge. No one could blab. He also had enough power and influence to kill anyone who might have revealed what little they did know.

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Dooku and Jango had to have known something about Sidious's true plans. They were the only ones who knew of the clone army being made for the Republic, and they should have figured that it wasn't for restoring peace to the galaxy. And when Dooku tells Poggle the Lesser about going to Coruscant to meet his master, Poggle had to have known something big was going on if their top leader was hiding out in the heart of the Republic.

10. darthInfinity

darthInfinity Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2005
    Sidious alone fully knew of the ultimate outcome. He used deception to secure loyalty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.