main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Who likes Games? I sure do!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey guys,

Been quiet around here, so I thought to ask whos up for a games night this month?

I personally think we should have some laid back, no money costing events, like board games! I know we have a blast everytime we play Cranium and I would really like to get everyone together and have some fun!

Any night can work for this, and I would like to have some time to have the group together, it seems rather quiet lately and this could be just what we need :)

Thoughts?

2. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Even games nights cost money Justin :p

But I think it's a good idea.

I hate OPPM, with my post count it shouldn't matter that much, but I still hate it.

3. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    I have "Apples to Apples" :)

4. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    I love that game! But I havn't played since... wow that games night in 01!

5. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Stephanie bought it because of you Laurie :p

So now we have it too lol! What a great game!

6. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    I have a few blank "subject" and "description" cards. Any suggestions as to what they should be?

7. chewbaccalives

chewbaccalives Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2005
    I think a games night would be a splendid idea! Anyone up for twister? ;) lol!

Weekends are always good for me now. I'm the night shift manager during the week at McD's now as of last monday.... I no longer sleep at night, my cause problems.... Oh well! I don't need sleep! ;P

Anyway, I say we do this! Just not the weekend of the feb 18-20 cuz I would miss another meeting. Bad enough I had to miss bowling.

8. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    A Games night sounds like fun :)

Sometime this month would be better for me since I start back at School starting the beginning of March.

9. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    Maybe the 26/27? I'll still be in town, though the 27th wouldn't be that great for me cause that's the day I go back home cause school starts back up on the 28th.

10. chewbaccalives

Jan 12, 2005
    So people, we gonna do this games night thing or what? I wanna meet you people, and I need some way of occupying a night off every once in a while. So how bout it? Sat Feb 26th? Anyone have a place to meet? I don't know how you guys normally organize things of this nature, but we should do this. Half the planning is done. Everyone bring a game, and some goodies. Just someone please name a time and place.

11. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    Heh, not even a member for a month and he's already getting agressive. ;)

I do agree though, we should get this down in stone so to speak. I really wanna see everyone again, and I'll only be home for that week.

The 26th is good for me, so is the 27th, but only in the afternoon, nothing in the evening for me that day. As for a place, that's a bit harder, I'd offer my place, but I know my parents would kill me, and I know that Chris and Deb are awaiting the baby and we don't want to intrude on them...

Anyone else have any suggestions? Justin you were the one who suggested a games night, any ideas on your end?

12. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Those days are booked for me, but just because I won't be able to make it, don't let it stop you. I just wanted to get the ball rolling and see who was interested in something like this, its great to see there is :)

This Saturday would be mmore ideal for me personally, but whatever works :)

13. chewbaccalives

Jan 12, 2005
    Heh, not even a member for a month and he's already getting agressive. Aggresiveness isn't a bad thing, if I werent aggresive I'd be a pushover and my crew would walk over me. See! I learned something from those management training classes. My place is small and untidy, so rule it out. I dont know of any places renting out halls cheaply either. Even my church would charge like $75 for the evening. Thats all for my ideas.

14. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Yep.. I'll be with Justin on the 26th, 27th... so no worries of little ewoks running about...

15. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Not sure what we have on tap for that weekend. Will know more next week. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.