main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Who likes Stand-up

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by mikadojedi, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Greetings from New York City!! I am looking foward to doing some open-mic nights around Manhattan. Stand-up NY, Boston Comedy Club, and Gotham Comedy Club have them. Mostly Mondays and some Thursdays. I need 5 to 6 people depending on the venue.

2. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    I guess I spoke to soon. I will post more as it develops. Like Hillary Clinton, I am announcing my intention to perform my act. I'll be performing at some point in January. On a Monday. At Boston Comedy Club at 82 W 3 st. There is an $8 cover and two drink minimum. Before 7:45, they reduce the cover to $5. (The doors will open at 7:30 so the "golden window of opportunity" is from 7:30 to 7:45). I need 6 people to come. 4 people when I do other Monday nights. I hope to have a date by the time we have our holiday party 12-6-03. I have to wait for the club to get back to me. My dreams have only begun to feed

3. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    How does open-mic work? Do you go there and perform or do you register before hand? How much material do you have to have, enough to cover 15 minutes? 30? Can you drop out quietly if you bomb out? Me and my rommate have been thinking about getting a script together and doing an open mic night...

¤Night

4. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    Best idea for info is to go to www.newtalentshowcase.com it explains pretty much how things work in alot of clubs. I hope you will come see me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.