Who Lost Their Power?

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Darthvaderocks06, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that Cleveland lost their power today, obviously you guys can't post right now, but when you get back, post here about the loss of power.

That sux real bad!

LOL
  2. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    It's been very patchy here in Akron.
    The power went out at my office in Fairlawn. But I have power at home.
    And since I don't see JJJ under my MSN messenger, I would assume that Wadsworth was hit as well. It seems as though the East and Northeast suburbs are fine, though.
  3. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    "Power's Back"

But no monsters. ;)

Yep, power went out here at home. I was out with Roseanna most of the day... boy what a day it was! North Canton had power (at the Strip and Belden Village) and Fairlawn (on Rt. 18 by I-77); but down by Target (by where Kim works), no power.

And the people that don't regard the stoplights as 4-way stops... [face_plain]

It was so eerie coming home from North Canton though. In Green the power was still out, and when I went by where there was a lot of businesses, there was nothing but the lights from the cars on the street. It looked like the end of the world... nothing was on. [face_plain] *shudders*

We were lucky to have a generator, and my dad being home.

And thank goodness that The Amazing Race wasn't on after all! :) (But who knows when it will be on... [face_plain])
  4. DarthZome Jedi Master

star 4
    We were fortunate not to have any power problems here in Hudson.
  5. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Power just came back on. Look at what time I posted this....1am
  6. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I never lost power... but I don't have water right now! And everybody has to go to the bathroom really bad! ARGH!
  7. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    I live on the near west side of Akron and work in north Akron. I had the reverse situation than you, Jade. We had power at work but I didn't have it at home. :mad: We're are fully operational now at work and at my house but some parts of Akron still don't have power and in Copley they've just lost it again.
  8. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    I work in Hudson and our building lost power, but we have back-up generators that kicked in.

Home in N Royalton - power was out until 4am. We still don't have water pressure. :(
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I was at the Westlake Prominade (when the power went out) about to go to a movie with a friend. After spending a couple hours at her house, I made my way back home along I90 at night (not being able to see downtown in the distance was weird to say the least).

And after finding out everyone was home safe, Emily and I spent part of the evening lightsaber fighting in the backyard (Anakin/Dooku style).

Glad everyone is OK...hopefully things will get back to normal soon.
  10. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Didn't have a power outage, but you better believe I was watching it on TV and LMAO!
  11. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    "Emily and I spent part of the evening lightsaber fighting in the backyard (Anakin/Dooku style)."

I'm jealous
  12. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    My friend lives in Copley. We were on our way to his house, but he wouldn't answer his phone. We didn't want to go there if he wasn't home, so we went back. Then we found out that the power was out.
  13. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    We lost power in Elyria about 4:15-4:30. There was a brownout first which made all the computers go nuts. It set off the fire alarm so we had to evacuate everyone from the building. Amazingly enough the patrons weren't throwing fits over having their internet time interrupted. Elyria got its power back around 7ish last night. Lakewood didn't get power til after 7am this morning. Just in time for me to fix breakfast, shower and go to work. :(

And the people that don't regard the stoplights as 4-way stops...

Darwinism at its best and I'm not talking about those who remembered the law and stopped. Elyria was horrible getting out of (saw 1 multiple car accident in the few blocks it takes me to get to 90) but when I got off 90 in River everyone was courteous and well behaved.

I never lost power... but I don't have water right now! And everybody has to go to the bathroom really bad! ARGH!

I would rather lose power than water.

Random thats when you grab the buckets and sneak over to your neighbors pool. I kid you not, thats what we always did in PA when the river flooded. Although the neighbor invited us to take his water. Then threw a big party when he had the firemen come refill it later. People who took water brought food and drink.

We heard about the water situation on the radio last nigh and filled the tub as well as any available bucket or large pot so we don't have to boil water yet.

I'm glad to see everyone is alright.
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    And the people that don't regard the stoplights as 4-way stops...
    While there were some frell-ing jerks out there, the vast majority of people seemed to get along with everyone around them. I hate to say it, but after watching 9/11 "live" on TV...I think most people got a reality check about what is/is not important.

I would rather lose power than water
    While we got through the night, I had an interesting time at TGI Fridays. Just after the power went out...I had to "go" (only everyone's power was out) So, I went back into TGI Friday's and had prop open the men's room door...to allow just enough light in. Otherwise, I might have had to "use the Force" to find my way around. "Potty Emergency!" (for all you "Animaniacs" fans out there)

We tried getting some pictures of it (possibly with that cool BLUE and Red reflections...but it didn't work that well. It was weird only being able to see the blade (and that trailing-effect you get on 4th of july with sparklers). Bad news, Emily broke the blade of my Anakin lightsaber.
  15. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    "Bad news, Emily broke the blade of my Anakin lightsaber."

DOH!
  16. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess my neck of the woods was low on the list of priorities. We just got power back like an hour ago. It was out for almost 23 hours.
  17. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    We got power back around 4AM...or so I'm told. I waited up for our dad to get home from work (2AM) and slept on the living room floor. It seems they worked from the outside (Lorain and Mentor) inward towards the middle (Parma-Garfield).

East side had power...but ran out of water before us! :D
  18. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    MAN!! I have been roasting for more then 24 hours now!!! The power when off right before my FINAL driving class so now I have to go on Monday to finish it! My mom and I drove to Southpark (AHHHHHHH) and they had all locked up by the time I got here...then coming back home was fun (not). The best part though was the lightsaber fight where GEOFF broke the lightsaber...not me!
  19. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The best part though was the lightsaber fight where GEOFF broke the lightsaber...not me!

Yes, you were using the lightsaber...and my Qui-Gon ("Wynona") lightsaber cracked the blade in half. These new blades just don't hold up like they used to.

Kim, if you need an Anakin Skywalker lightsaber handle (for your Mara Jade costume)...let me know. I'm taking the blade out...don't know what I'll do with it?
  20. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    As someone who no longer lives in Garfield Heights, but still works there... yes, it was not a priority. I was working at 1 PM when all of a sudden the power that was on just shut off again. Oh well. Hopefully everything will stay on.
  21. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Kim, if you need an Anakin Skywalker lightsaber handle (for your Mara Jade costume)...let me know. I'm taking the blade out...don't know what I'll do with it?
    Hey. That would be great. :D Thanks!

The 4 way stops? I was rather surprised, actually. People were taking turns like they were supposed to on my drive home! [face_shocked]
  22. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    It would seem that everyone is read to play...The Blame Game. Because NOTHING bad ever happens in New York, whatever happened to the Niagra/Mowhawk power failure everyone was soooo sure about?

Investigators say the incident that left 50 million people in the dark, lasted only 9 or 10 seconds, and involved a strange power surge near Parma, Ohio.

Don't look at me...I was in Westlake at the time :eek:
  23. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok...I fess up. It was my fault. I have like 100 things plugged into my room and I guess it just sapped too much power that day...lol.
    *runs*

Anyhow,

Things really sucked that day. Most boring day of my life, considering that me and my computer are attached like a married couple.
    Or should I say me and SW Galaxies are attached hehe. It was my day off too...big waste of a day off. I'd rather have been working and watch the power go out and get sent home at least, instead of sitting at home, hot, bored, tired, bored, impatient, bored...did I mention bored?

It's really funny how much we take for granted when we have all our technologial goodies - and how helpless we feel when they're not available to us. I know exactly the way to solve this though - I'll get a laptop! Wireless internet! Battery power! I'll never be seperated from my computer again!
  24. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    No, it was really my fault. I did what I did because I had to... I just hope Neo made it to the Source in time...

We have to cut off power to an entire block?

Twenty-seven blocks, actually...
  25. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Most boring day of my life, considering that me and my computer are attached like a married couple.
    [face_laugh]

I know exactly the way to solve this though - I'll get a laptop! Wireless internet! Battery power! I'll never be seperated from my computer again!
    Great idea, except that cells weren't working either, and the wireless internet is a form of that. Plus, a lot of internet servers were also down. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.