main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who on here has the best Palpatine collection?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by sithgbs, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithgbs

sithgbs Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Palpatine has been my guy forever. I was wondering who on here has the biggest collection of the evil sith master.

2. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    it's not me, but i will say that the guy has really grown on me lately. back in the ROTJ days i thought he was just a mean old man, but now i'm realizing just how powerful he really is. i think he's gonna rule the new movie.

3. sithgbs

sithgbs Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah I'm glad that he has a bigger part in this movie. I've been waiting for this since I first heard of the prequels. I've wanted to see more of a back story on him since Jedi.

4. Sith42na

Sith42na Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2004
    I actually have my Palpatine/Emperor figures ("Figs"?) lined up in a row on top of my monitor prominently displayed. They are from left to right:

Flashback Emperor with force lightning (ROTJ)
    Senator Palpatine (TPM)
    Darth Sidious (TPM)
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (AOTC)
    Holographic Emperor (ESB)
    Chancellor Palpatine (ROTS)
    Emperor Palpatine (ROTS)
    Palpatine with Lightsaber (ROTS)
    Deluxe changing Palpatine/Sidious (ROTS)
    Emperor Pez Dispenser (ROTS)

5. Count_Dooku84

Count_Dooku84 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    Palpatine has been my guy forever. I was wondering who on here has the biggest collection of the evil sith master.

We don't need that here.

6. Deliriou5

Deliriou5 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2003
    I like him. Vastly underrated character in the SW universe. Most uniqe item I have of him was from the Original Trilogy, it was a send away request for the Kenner version of the Emperor. Sent in 5 proof's of purchase to get him. Still got him to this day.

7. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    that's how i got mine. i really miss those send-aways.

8. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I SO WANT TO ADD THE ATTAKUS PALPATINE STATUE TO MY COLLECTION ONE DAY.

9. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I'd consider myself a modest Palpatine collector.

10. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I am a self-proclaimed Palpatine "mark". I have always found him to be the true villain of the SW saga, while Vader gets unjust credit for being so. I had actually expected the bandwagon to fill up for Palps with Episode III, but if the collectibles are any indication, no such thing is happening.

While I don't want to participate in a pissing contest of sorts, I consider myself to have a fairly good collection of Palpatine memorabilia.

I had once constructed a "Wall of McDiarmid" for my room. It was a wall full of sealed, MIMP figures of the various forms of Palpatine. However in the past 3 weeks, I deconstructed my entire collecting room, needing to eliminate lines of toys I no longer wish to collect (WWE Classic Superstars, McFarlanes). In the interim, my spare room is a mess. Once I have reconstructed it, I will take pics and put them up for all to see. Oh, to have spare time to finish! :cool:

11. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I happen to have a love for all things Palpatine, but sadly my collection doesn't reflect it, mostly due to lack of money.

But I do have the Undleashed Palpatine (my favorite) the new Episode III Palpatine (with Force firing), Chancellor Palpatine (AotC), Emperor Palpatine (RotJ, from Power of the Force collection), Another Emperor Palptine that has lightning coming out of his hands, and the like. I also have the Galactic Heros Palpatine. :)

If I can say: If someone has everything of Palpatine ever made it doesn't really mean that he/she is a big Palpatine fan, but rather...has more money than another Palpatine fan. :p I really don't like when people say that they're so-and-so's biggest fan because they have everything that is so-and-so; that's just absurd.

I guess loyality and devotion, perhaps show how much one "loves" something...or perhaps I just look too far into things. :)

Anyway, that's my two cents.

~Vassago

12. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    You're right, Vassago. That's why I made my "urinating" comment. ;)

Apparently, unless you spend $$ like there's no end, then you're not a "huge fan". I've been called a minor fan many times in the past, and in the present, because I'm not a completist for SW product in general. Being that I just collect Palps stuff, and then mostly Darksiders or Imperials, that somehow diminishes my fandom. If so, then so be it. :cool:

My apologies if I sounded elitist, I just have a bit of a complex now that ROTS is coming out, because the bandwagon will be filling up for Lord Palpatine, I'm afraid...and for all the wrong reasons (The fact he'll use a lightsaber :( ).

13. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    ^^Well said. And I'm afraid the same thing; I've already heard of people saying they like Palpatine now because he uses a lightsaber instead of "just sitting there". [face_plain]

Oh well, at least I know I was one of the originals! :p

~Vassago

14. GeneralDooku

GeneralDooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    I've always loved Palpatine, it was even a plus that he kicks butt with a saber in RotS. And even though I certainly don't have the largest Palpatine collection, I get what I can. So, in short:

RotS Emperor Palpatine
    RotS Chancellor Palpatine
    TMP Darth Sidious
    AotC Chancellor Palpatine
    RotJ PotF Emperor Palpatine
    Unleashed Darth Sidious

Well, not very impressive I know, but I'm still waiting for RotS Palps unleashed and hoping for a RotS Palps electronic lightsaber (God I love that thing).

15. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Ah, I forgot to add the TPM Darth Sidious! I have this, as well. :)

~Vassago

16. sithgbs

sithgbs Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    You guys are right you don't have to have a big collection of Palp stuff to be a big fan. ROTJ was the first Star Wars movie I saw in the theatre. He looked very creepy to me and his force lighting was awesome. This guy has always been overlooked and underated. I haven't met many people that collect him.

17. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I haven't met many people that collect him

This makes us unique, amigo!

The main Palpatine figure I never did find locally (Or even out-of-town) was the holo Sidious from TPM. I am hoping I'll have him within a week or so, if my buddy in SoCal comes through again. It is that final item I'm waiting for to being the reconstruction of the "Great Wall". :cool:

18. Iceman_X

Iceman_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    I would like to but more Palpatines if they made a decent one .... He cant movie in any of his figures ...

19. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    What, you don't like non-moving legs & feet? [face_laugh]

The worst job on Palps' legs yet is #35. Man, did they do a crappy job on that one. I have thought about using masking tape to hold his feet inside the figure, so it stands better. That's why the pic I posted of it some time ago was leaning. Yuck. :(

20. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Tonight, I added yet another item to my ever-growing Palpatine collection:

Galactic Heroes Palpatine & Yoda 2-pack

As corny as it sounds, I had to have it. I'll probably launch the Yoda into the trash (Ok, actually, I'll have him getting the beating he deserves [face_skull] ). This one won't be added to my "Wall of McDiarmid", I'll open it to take the cute Emperor out. :p

Next item to acquire: The Giant Pez Palpatine.

21. sithgbs

sithgbs Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    I liked what you said about the yoda beating.

22. Darth_Keldor

Darth_Keldor Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2004
    Well when comes to 3.75 inch incarnations of the Sith Lord I think I have a pretty sweet collection.

1. Vintage Emperor
    2. POTF2 Emperor Palpatine
    3.Power F/X Emperor
    4. Millennium Minted Coin Emperor
    5. Flashback Emperor Palpatine
    6.Final Jedi Deul Palpatine
    7. Clone Emperor Palpatine
    8.Senator Palpatine
    9.Darth Sidious
    10.Darth Sidious (Holograph)
    11.Chancellor Palpatine (Saga)
    12. Emperor Palpatine (Saga)
    13. Chancellor Palpatine (ROTS)
    14. Emperor Palpatine (ROTS)
    15. Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack!)
    16. Deluxe Palpatine (Changes to Darth Sidious)

Not to mention I have the 12inch talking Emperor and Royal Guard 2 pack, the Palpatine vinyl doll with glowing hand (even though the hand broke off), and an Emperor Palpatine mug, even though it seems to have vanished from my cabinet, and I used to have an Emperor Palpatine mask (unforntatley it melted)

23. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I liked what you said about the yoda beating.

Me too! [face_laugh] What's funny is after I opened the GH 2-pack, I displayed the Palpatine, and put the Yoda on the fireplace. My cat went over and smacked him with his paw, and was using it as a playtoy. Funny stuff!

I have cause to celebrate, I can finally rejoice in the fact that the sole figure I had left of Palps I wanted, the TPM Holo Darth Sidious, is enroute! My buddy was in NY this past week, and found one at a "collector's" shop. He hasn't quoted me a price yet, so I know not the price. When I do, I hope I'm not floored by it. :cool:

The reconstruction of "The Wall" is almost upon me again!

24. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I hope Hasbro will make a 3 3/4 Palpatine with a cloth cloke. Come on Hasbro, you gave cloth cloaks, robes and skirts to other figures. PLEASE !!!

25. Deliriou5

Deliriou5 Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2003
    If anything, I would call myself more of a "Dark Side" or Sith Fan. I love Palpatine, I love Vader, I love Maul, I love Tyranus. I just wish there were more sith involved in the Star Wars Saga. I know everyone likes the Jedi, including myself, but sith are just so much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.