Who or what is your favourite alien character from the movies?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by xYodaUnleashedx, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. xYodaUnleashedx Jedi Padawan

To narrow the scope down a little let's exclude Chewbacca, Yoda, Jabba, Maul and Grievous (though the former is more droid than alien anyway) just to give some other characters some more limelight. Now I know that when we watch the movies very few alien characters are explored in depth, some are more prominent than others (Dexster Jettster, Greedo, Bib Fortuan, Jawa's etc) whilst others are seen in only passing glances (insert any alien extra) Some have EU backgrounds but we're not concerned with them, only their movie appearance.

So my favourite alien character would have to be Admiral Ackbar, no other has ingrained such a distinguishable persona in my mind, with his goggly like eyes, fishy voice and one permanent face expression (surprise) its a real wonder how anyone took this fish face seriously. As if his own starship and fleet weren't enough, his own floaty chair (just like Yoda) makes this guy even more cool. But of course (just as you expected) Admiral Ackbar would be lost in obscurity amongst the many denizens of the Star Wars universe if he had not uttered those 3 golden words, not only stating the stark naked obvious but spelling out the dire situation for all the Rebel alliance and unintentionally prompting a chorus of "It's a trap!" followed by rapturous laughter and several rewinds just to watch it again and again. Oh and he's got his own breakfast cereal too, not bad for the old fish face eh.
  2. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
  4. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    Either Kit Fisto or Lama Su.
  5. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  6. emporergerner Jedi Master

star 4
    Yoda is by far the most important no-human charcter in Star Wars so definatly Yoda
  7. EECHUUTA Force Ghost

star 4
    From the Prequals:
    Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar.

From the Old Trilogy, Bib Fortuna ;)
  8. drg4 Force Ghost

star 4
    Watto.

Funnier than the Droids and Chewie put together.
  9. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Greedo. If you think about it, the Saga really is about Greedo. Don't see it? Think harder!
  10. Dark-Fox Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I can honestly say I don't get the Greedo thing. Greed, maybe, but not Greedo. :confused:
  11. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
  12. DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Master

star 3
    Ponda Baba.

Ever since I've seen the Robot Chicken re-interpretation of his scene where gets his arm cut off by old Ben in the Mos Eisley Cantina, I can't help but wonder in hilarious delight if his accostation of Luke Skywalker was genuinely a simple misunderstanding.
  13. Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Master

star 2
    Grievous is my favorite, though he's a technically cyborg, so otherwise, it's Aldar Beedo. :D
  14. MasterKenobi1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Before I saw the PT, I would have to say my favorite was Greedo or any of the Rodians seen in Jabba's palace in ROTJ. But with the PT, hands down I'd say it's the one and only Kit Fisto.

I like a Jedi who smiles at almost certain death. [face_mischief]
  15. Seremela Jedi Knight

star 3
    Watto!!!! :D

He's nicer than he wants to be [face_laugh]

16. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Oops. I picked Yoda earlier, but I see Chewbacca, Yoda, Jabba, Maul and Grievous have been excluded, so excluding them and if I had to pick it would be:

Admiral Ackbar
  17. MvG-88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Kit Fisto.

Other ones I love include Watto, Jar Jar, Greedo, Ki-Adi, Ackbar and Zam
  18. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4
    My favorite alien character is Watto. My second favorite is Dexster Jettster.
  19. STUBRIS Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it's safe to say that Watto is one of the best loved 'New' characters from the PT. I've got a lotta love for Nute Gunray too..I love me a cowardly villian!
  20. W0RMW00D Jedi Padawan

Probably Aldar Beedo.
  21. GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's a tie:

Jar Jar Binks
    Watto
    Bib Fortuna
  22. BallisticHS Jedi Padawan

I liked Sebulba alright.
  23. PlagueisesApprentice Jedi Knight

star 1
  24. SuPeRsAmI Jedi Padawan

OMG AAYLA SECURA IS THE BEST ALIEN EVER OMG!!!! ALL OF THOSE OTHERS ARE STUPID except mabye kit fisto shaak ti and luminara unduli.
  25. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Force Ghost

star 5
    I really like the Wolfman with the red glowing eyes in 'ANH'. He's in the background of the very first interior shot of the Cantina, and he used to have his own medium close-up in the O-OT. Now he's been replaced by the pipe-smoking beatnik alien in the SE, which I don't dislike, but frankly I'll take Wolfman any day of the week.

I always wonder about him: Is that what he looks like all day and all night (and all afternoon)? Is he just constantly... Wolfman? Or does he change with the moon cycle, like our earthly wolfmen do? And if so, which moon does he follow? The moon of whichever planet he happens to be on? Or is he somehow keyed into the phases of his home planet's moon? Also, since Luke and Kenobi clearly visit the Cantina during the daytime, why is the Wolfman "wolfed out" while the suns are up?

Maybe he's permanently wolfed. Maybe he comes from a planet full of wolfmen, who are all "permanently wolfed out". Yeah, I bet that's it. He's a permanent Wolfman. I think I'll name him "Jakk".

Now, I'm sure someone will chime in with his EU name and putative backstory. Personally I prefer my own: He's Wolfman Jakk from the planet Lupis 9, homeworld to the intergalactic Wolfmen with red glowing eyes, who snarl when they drink alcoholic beverages. Jakk is kingpin of a spice-smuggling ring; his pronounced sense of smell helps him select the best harvest. He's also a ruthless businesswolf, infamous for his flaring, unpredictable, vulpine temper. Yeah. Wolfman Jakk! Rival to Jabba the Hutt as the most merciless gangster in the Outer Rim! Quickest humanoid with a blaster pistol this side of Han Solo! Red glowing eyes impart infravision in a sixty-foot radius! Furriest alien in the Cantina this side of Chewbacca! Okay I'll stop.)
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.