main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who Pilots Imperial Shuttles?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by I_Am-Vaders_Poo-Doo, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_Am-Vaders_Poo-Doo

I_Am-Vaders_Poo-Doo Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    This question is starting to bug me so I'll ask it here, and I can't find the answer to it. Who pilots Imperial Shuttles? Officers? Guards? Or do Tie Pilots? (Probably Not.)

2. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Since the shuttles typically carry important people like Vader, the Emperor, etc. the pilots had better be damn good. I?m pretty sure that they?re officers but I have no idea what their rank is. It just doesn?t seem that important to me. Don?t sweat the details dude! I actually never thought about it until now.

3. Husk

Husk Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    If the stormtroopers are clones wouldn't the pilots be clones aswell? That way they always have their best pilot flying their ships.

4. Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn

Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    Didnt anyone watch ROTJ? The first shot after the crawl is two human imperial officers, not clones, approaching the Death Star and piloting Vaders shuttle. They even have Brittish accents like all the other officers. the clones have some other wierd accent.

*Han Solo requests deactivation of the deflector shield on the Endor moon via comlink in a shuttle. Vader himself even hears the voice. Obvioulsly they werent expecting any mechanicalized voice of a trooper or TIE pilot. Im assuming the pilots are high ranking officer pilots.

5. Husk

Husk Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    The clones are still humans. There have been more than one person used as the source of the clones since the origional batch cloned from Jango Fett.

6. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    The clones are still humans. There have been more than one person used as the source of the clones since the origional batch cloned from Jango Fett.

I have yet to se any evedence supporting stormtroopers = clones, but that would be getting off topic.

Anyway, shuttle pilots may be civilian pilots drafted into service. Or they could be guys who flunked out of TIE pilot school. It could also be possible that they are officers promoted from TIE pilots.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

7. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    Who pilots Imperial Shuttles?

Imperial Pilots of course :)

8. GarthSidious

GarthSidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    i dont have anything to support this but i dont think cloning continued after the clone wars. no two imperials look the same, but then, if there were clones they would be stormtroopers and we don't see their faces anyway. i would guess that the remaining clone troopers became stormtroopers but with growht acceleration and all there would be none left by the time ANH takes place.

EDIT: actually by the time i finished writing that i dont even think i beleive that anymore... whatever

9. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Didnt anyone watch ROTJ?

No. Apparently no one here ever watches the movies.

10. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    Officers do it. Piloting a shuttle isn't like piloting a fightercraft.

11. CDR_Praji

CDR_Praji Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2005
    ^ Huh?

Although it isn't clear in the films if TIE pilots are Officers, I base my assumption that they are on the US Military model where only commissioned Officers pilot aircraft.

I would suspect that they are, to a man, Officers. This includes the shuttle pilots. In fact Shuttle pilots may be qualified in several models, some pilots may be qualified both in shuttles AND the various TIE models. ;)

12. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Watch the beginning of Return of the Jedi.

13. Republic_Trooper

Republic_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    What about the drop ships like we see on Tantooine in ANH Special Edition? I would think that they would be the same guys, the craft are so similar. Surely they don't wear their service uniforms like in ROTJ when in a combat situation. They probably wear the same flight suits and helmets as TIE pilots.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Not all stormtroopers (or TIE pilots) are clones.

15. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    Flying is for droids.

16. theSteve

theSteve Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    The Imperial Limo Drivers do all the shuttling of the high ranking folk. It's obvious!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.