main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Who Played Bossk in ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SlashMan, Dec 8, 2012.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    bossk. closeup from where 3p0 and r2 bump into each other.

[​IMG]

2. JohnAlan

JohnAlan Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2014
    OK you win [quot="Seagoat, post: 51790016, member: 1377248"]
    So what do you want it written in the blood of George Lucas, Kershner & Marquand.
    I'll post more info on my blog in a few weeks time, including dates for forthcoming 'signings' including the Star Wars convention in Indianapolis early next year where you will find Alan. There will also be more dates in the UK and Europe where you will be able to put the thumb screws on him and get a confession.[/quote]

Even if the man himself says it happened, that doesn't necessarily make it true. If I told you I'm George Lucas, that's obviously not true. It's like Russel's Teapot, in a way
    Why am I highly dubious of this
    Are you supershadow or
    Sorry, you got off at the wrong planet.
    You should have got off at OZ with the rest of the fairies.[/quote]

wut
    Ok basically what I'm saying is "do you have absolute proof of this?"[/quote]
    So what do you want it written in the blood of George Lucas, Kershner & Marquand.
    I'll post more info on my blog in a few weeks time, including dates for forthcoming 'signings' including the Star Wars convention in Indianapolis early next year where you will find Alan. There will also be more dates in the UK and Europe where you will be able to put the thumb screws on him and get a confession.[/quote]

Even if the man himself says it happened, that doesn't necessarily make it true. If I told you I'm George Lucas, that's obviously not true. It's like Russel's Teapot, in a way[/quote]

3. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    JohnAlan - Shall we just get back to the thread topic? The insults and sarcasm aren't helping.

Seagoat - Your doubts are noted. Let's move on.

4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm.... not insulting or being sarcastic?
    I was just saying that I'm highly dubious of the claim.... I don't know what I did wrong

5. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
  6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Okie dey

7. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Interesting stuff. I do remember a lot of that info from earlier interviews with Mr. Harris. Nice to hear all this, though I do have a few comments/questions:
    About the Boba Fett suit testing:
    [​IMG]
    Boba Fett was really built up to be an important character in Empire, but didn't see much action in the film. Nevertheless, the props department clearly went all-out on the costume with many impressive gadgets not even seeing use in the film. The jetpack and flamethrower, for instance (which would eventually be shown in Jedi and Attack of the Clones, respectively). Anyways, I can vaguely recall there being some kind of flamethrower incident when testing the costume. I just found that image above, and that's pretty impressive... though I can see the risk there. The way I heard it, Harris voluntarily chose Bossk instead of Boba, but from the information you've shared, it sounds like it was not his decision.

Next, while Harris was undoubtably present on the Jabba sets, there are some other sources that claim that Harris wasn't just behind the scenes.
    http://starwarsaficionado.blogspot.com/2010/12/star-wars-behind-scenes-filming-notes.html
    Star Wars Aficionado got ahold of Butterfield, and he revealed some interesting things. Relevant to this thread, the scene of Bossk standing with Boba was most likely filmed, but cut for unknown reasons. Darn. Back to Alan; Butterfield says pretty confidently that Harris did play Boba in some scenes, feeling that the aforementioned scene was him standing in for Jeremy Bulloch.

Butterfield elaborates in this interview:
    http://starwarsinterviews1.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/trevor-butterfield-lieutenant-blount.html
    Despite being busy as a stand-in, it seems from that that Harris probably had some costumed roles.

At this point, I don't see any more evidence that Alan Harris played Bossk during Return of the Jedi; he seemed busy enough behind the scenes, and may have played Boba Fett as well. I'll try to ask Trevor Butterfield if he can give any more info. Anyways, thanks for your info, and I hope to hear more.

8. JohnAlan

JohnAlan Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2014

9. JohnAlan

JohnAlan Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2014