main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who put Luke's location in the lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarkCree, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkCree

DarkCree Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2000
    Rumors have it that the droids use Luke's lightsaber to solve a puzzle that reveals his location. How can that be? Did Luke find his lightsaber and put a puzzle inside it that would eventually lead to his location being discovered? What's the purpose of hiding if you want people to find you? If it wasn't Luke, than who was it and why?

2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So Luke knew where he was going to be 30 years later before he lost the saber on Bespin?

D'an, kyl-o-ren, Jcuk and 6 others like this.
  3. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    If this is true, then perhaps only a character who is force sensitive ,or has a special relationship to luke, or has lived a certain life could and can solve the puzzle.

If it's say rey, maybe it's something only she could solve. That means he is only found by the one who he wants to find him, when the time is right. The right person, the right time, the one who can solve it, the one it's meant for.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    by Luke's grandfather aka the force.[face_clown]

5. Enkei

Enkei Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    Maybe it was a place Anakin had been and he took the location information out of the Jedi archives and placed the coordinates in his saber so he would have his own private planet that was strong in the force.

6. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    What if Anakin Skywalker put in that location?

7. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It would be strange that Luke put his location in the lightsabre.
    It would be strange if Luke even had access to the lightsabre to put his location in it.
    According to MSW's plotline Rey is already saying goodbye before the droids decode the 'secret'.
    Why would Leia let Finn take the lightsabre if it had Luke's encrypted location still in it?

It makes more sense (to me at least) that Finn steals some data from Starkiller Base when he goes off on his solo mission. This 'secret' then gets decoded before the finale to set up the next movie's theme. With Rey fully awakened she knows where her Father is through the Force.

8. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    The rumour kind of makes sense depending on how far the mind of Skywalker is "gone". If you look at a Western like Sergio Leone's Man With No Name Trilogy, Monco (the unnamed character) will ride off and never stay in the town. We've seen Luke Skywalker in a sense do the same thing with his journey through the force where in each chapter we see him move forward to a new phase of his development.

It's possible, like Monco, that maybe Luke's power from his development as a Jedi has become too dangerous to the extent that the rebels consider him a hired gun. So, Luke goes into seclusion but leaves his whereabouts with a select number of people where in dire emergency he can be found.

9. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    Great question, I have nothing else to contribute. But this is a good thread and I look forward to watching it's progress.

[​IMG]

10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I have never understood this...

11. jjgriffin

jjgriffin Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 12, 2015
    Honestly, this bit makes no sense and seems to be a byproduct of the original rumors that the movie opened with a saber (and hand) tumbling through space and falling through atmosphere. IF the saber does have some hidden puzzle inside that leads to Luke, I'll be fascinated to see how in the Hell they pull off the explanation for how it got inside, given how the timeline works out and the series of fortunate and unfortunate coincidences that had to happen for it to fall into the right hands.

kyl-o-ren and T-R- like this.
  12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    The only thing that makes me think it's true is the scene where Han is explaining to Rey and Finn that "It's all true" ...you see all the planets in hologram. They have to be emanating from something?? The lightsaber??

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  13. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    this is one of the many rumors that I think will not pan out.

kyl-o-ren, jjgriffin and T-R- like this.
  14. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Honestly I don't even get where the puzzle itself comes from. I know that the lightsaber is the cypher, but getting the puzzle isn't mentioned at all anywhere.

jjgriffin likes this.
  15. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Maybe Luke left a message saying, If found please return to Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master then the address...:D

Vohnkar, kyl-o-ren, Zikri and 2 others like this.
  16. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Yes, but how did he know his adress 30 years in advance? Oh, yes, the Force.

jjgriffin likes this.
  17. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Nope I figure they had to go on the Hypernet to get the full address and since Luke keeps that updated they'd know where he is currently... what would you call Facebook in the Star Wars Universe?!:D

Why they couldn't find him after the Academy burnt down?
    He unfriended them... Leia of course is listed as family and Han & Chewie as Friends but seriously how else did Leia know to send an emissary to Jakku when the sabre turned up?
    She texted Luke and he asked her to!

18. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Faceholocron?

Okay, so the puzzle is a riddle Luke posted on his wall.

19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    maybe it's like the uber app?

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Didn't you know Luke is CEO of Garmin?

21. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    I'm very curious to see how this plays out. It's one of the pieces of the film that I can't imagine working smoothly although I hope I'm wrong. If the droids abruptly solve a puzzle and discover Luke's location in the last 10 minutes of the film with no leadup, that's some lame deus ex machina ish I could do without. Hopefully there is some exposition at least. The whole business just sounds clunky and tacked on.

22. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Given I assume its R2 who reveals that information maybe it isn't enclosed in the weapon but rather R2 reveals that information after confirming that Luke's original light saber?

23. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    That's what I first thought. But if they take the crystal out of the lightsaber how the hell they gonna put it back in? Isn't it established in TCW only a Jedi can put a lightsaber together and is a very delicate process? JJ has to have some great explanation for this lightsaber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenW likes this.
  24. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    Exactly. Lightsabers are assembled using the force. It isn't as if you can throw one together and the couple extra screws left on the table are "no big deal"

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Seriously? She didn't. The Resistance don't know the lightsabre is on the Falcon. Korr Sella has been looking for Han and when the Falcon comes back 'on the grid' she tracks it down just in case he's on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.