main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who Really Has The High Ground? (a short Obi/Ani viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jennifer_Lyn, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Title: Who Really Has The High Ground?
    Author(s): Jennifer_Lyn
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin and special guest
    Genre: You shall see!
    Summary: Now that would be giving it away!
    Disclaimer: Ah George, if only you'd let us do this for money!

The two combatants were drenched in sweat, their tunics stuck to their damp bodies. The intense ferocity of their battle showed in their eyes. Two long, blue lightsabers danced and sung through the air. The energy they exuded crackled and hummed with each impact. They were as well matched as the men who possessed them. One man was taller than the other, his moves more aggressive, on the offensive. He searched out and capitalized on any holes in his opponent?s defensive with the tenacity of a fiery dragon. The object of his fury was an older man, ginger-haired and compactly built. He was a master without peer, grace and fluidity in his every move. His lightsaber weaved so swiftly through the air that it blurred in his adversary?s vision.

The two men, brothers and comrades, lifelong friends, moved through wide corridors, over a long table banked by control panels and out onto a narrow balcony. They were bathed in a blood red light that seemed to intensify every move of their struggle. The older man took each blow smoothly yet seemed always in retreat. Knowing he was never truly in danger of defeat he gave his opponent every opportunity to change tactic, change his direction, change his mind. They seemed at a stalemate when the master suddenly leaped up onto an incline.

?It is over, Anakin. I have the high ground.?

The younger man was preparing to leap after him, recklessly heedless of the warning when a loud tapping sound caught his attention. Both men closed their lightsabers and turned toward the noise.

?To the training salle, you shall keep your sparring.? Said the small, green creature in the doorway. His faced was bathed in the fading light of the brilliant Coruscanti sunset as he gave them a withering glare that sent chills down both their spines. This was not a being whose will would be ignored.

?Padawans and younglings, studying, they are. Disturb them further, you shall not.?

Sure his point was made, Master Yoda turned to leave the room. He stopped briefly and commented over his shoulder.

?Think, one would, that enough of battles, Master Obi-Wan and Knight Skywalker, have had.?

?Yes, Master.? Came the dual, now sheepish, reply.

After the ancient Master had left the room, Anakin turned towards his former Master.

?So, Master Kenobi, it seems we are at a stalemate.?

?Yes, my young apprentice. That would seem to be so. It appears we have but one choice.?

?And what is that, my Master??

?We continue as we always have and split the dishes. You wash and I?ll dry.?

?Yes, Master.? The young man groaned as they exited the room, headed toward their quarters and the never-ending battle against? dishpan hands.

Gotcha! :D

2. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm confused...was this a joke? A training holo? AU?

3. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Just a little joke. I clarified a line in there to make it clearer, I hope. I changed the time period as well. This takes place sometime late in the Clone Wars at the Temple. Perhaps only funny to my own twisted sense of humor, it is? hmm?

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh, nice twist! [face_laugh]

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hee!! Too cute! I must say - dishpan hands could not be good for gripping those lightsabers! Perhaps that's the real reason Anakin built Threepio?!! ;) Thanks for the laugh!

6. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    LOL that was so funny i liked it, good work!

7. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    You sneak!
    Loved it.

8. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Thanks for the replies, all!
    I was going to use the beginning for something else and then it suddenly degenerated into this bizarre thing you see before you.
    Glad to give a few Friday laughs!

9. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Not what I expected. Very cute.

10. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Lovely! I had a feeling something was up when there was no mention of lava. (At least I think there wasn't, if there was, I must've read too fast to notice...) but the end was great. *giggles* What were they fighting over this time then, I wonder? Hm...

Bravo! =D=
    Stormqueen

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hilarious! [face_laugh] But I loved this visual... The two combatants were drenched in sweat, their tunics stuck to their damp bodies.=P~

12. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh my! I thought this thing was a dead duck! I've been thinking about it all weekend and thought that perhaps it was a bit too weird or lame or something and then I come in here and it's on page 1, wacky!

Koori: Thanks, it just kinda spit out of my head.

stormqueen874
    : There was a red light on them, but no lava! Dishes are quite enough to fight over, doncha think?

VaderLVR64
    : Ah! Someone who appreciates good man-sweat! I thought that might get your attention, Master!

13. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Hee hee!

I'll have to remember this the next time my husband and I are figuring out who gets to wash up. Much better than rock-paper-scissors! [face_laugh]

14. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh I loved this. ****rushes to store to buy 2 lightsabers***** :)

15. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

Ha ha ha!! [face_laugh]

Why that was very sly of you, Jennifer_Lyn.

[face_mischief]

I loved it!

poor Ani having to wash...

:D

16. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    Wow...I was so sucked in, the visual two of the best looking men in the universe, and they do dishes too? No wonder Padme married Anakin.

17. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    [face_laugh] Oh, that was funny!

18. Y2K2

Y2K2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    Lol!! that was a twist. it got confusing at first, im like "what doorway?"

nice job jenn!

19. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    [face_laugh]

That was very very .. good!

â??We continue as we always have and split the dishes. You wash and Iâ??ll dry.â??

lol [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.