main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT who remembers the bounty hunter competition ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by d0nne11m, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d0nne11m

d0nne11m Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2011
    Around about the time of Empire Strikes Back in a toy shop far,far,far away. Kenner held a competition to design a bounty hunter for the new film - Return of the Jedi.
    If my memory serves me right you had to cut out and submit a number of the Kenner logos from the cards the figures where mounted on.
    Does anyone rememeber this competition other than me ? I can find no reference online.
    Who won it ?
    Who was the bounty hunter ?

Cheers

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Never heard of it, sadly. I think you might be mistaken - possibly confusing it with the 'mystery figure' offer for ESB, which was a bounty hunter (Bossk). I certainly can't imagine you'd have to send in five proof of purchases just to enter a competition, & the idea that LFL would include a creature/character design from an amateur is a bit much. You might be thinking of a simpler competition from the time at a local toy store or something.

Oddly enough, it does ring a bell, but I think it might have been a different film altogether (definitely not SW), & it might have been just naming the character. I also think there might have been some sort of competition to name or design an official SW character a couple of years back for the action figure line or the card game.

3. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    This sounds really interesting, but I don't recall any such thing.

4. d0nne11m

d0nne11m Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2011
    This comptetion happened as friends can remember it as well as me. We spent hours on our entries.
    Maybe it only ran in the UK ?
    I think the bounty hunter may have been Boushh - AKA princess Leia.
    Not sure if any other new bounty hunters appeared in ROJ.

5. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Boushh was designed by Nilo Rodis-Jamero:

[image=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/ThinWhiteDuke1/NRJ5.jpg]

Again, I think whatever competition you entered wasn't run by LFL, & the winner's design didn't end up in ROTJ.

6. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    Hmmm..It would be well known in the community if this contest happened. Like others have said,MAybe a store run promotion. I know Masters of the Universe ran a similar promotion in the mid 80's. Maybe you are thinking of that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearless_Photog

[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.