main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who runs Alderaan?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lyvia, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyvia

Lyvia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Bail is the senator from Alderran yet he states that his wife is the queen. Is she an elected Queen like Padme? Is Bail the king then?

2. DarthVennDiagram

DarthVennDiagram Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2005
    I think she is a real Queen, not an "elected queen", like Padme (one of Lucas's weaker word choices) because her adopted daughter, Leia, is called Princess throughout her life. Remember, even in England, the husband of a Queen is not necessarily the king: Queen Victoria's husband was Albert, prince consort, but never King and currently Prince Philip is Elizabeth II's husband and prince consort, not King.

3. Darth_Watermelon

Darth_Watermelon Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
  4. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Bail is not King of Alderaan, first off. He is Prince Consort of Alderaan. After Revenge of the Sith, he is Viceroy and First Chairman of Alderaan. I believe that his position is that of like the British Prime Minister. Yes, there is a Queen of England, but the Prime Minister runs the country. "Queen" is more of a title.

5. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    "Bail is not King of Alderaan, first off. He is Prince Consort of Alderaan. After Revenge of the Sith, he is Viceroy and First Chairman of Alderaan. I believe that his position is that of like the British Prime Minister. Yes, there is a Queen of England, but the Prime Minister runs the country. "Queen" is more of a title."

Exactly

Good Stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.