main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Who said 'Star Wars'?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Elensara, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    One of this past Monday's (or was it Tuesday's) crossword clues was "Skywalker's Father". The answer was a five letter word. Gee, I wonder what it was? Last week had a Yoda one, I forgot what it was though. Pretty cool.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Not "who said SW," actually, but who is photographing it. The images are fascinating -- and D-B, you're in the first one! LOL:

Cedric Delsaux

And for more images, albeit with the original French explanation: Les Suburbs

Star Wars est pour toujours!

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Wow! Those were amazing photographs! Way cool -- thanks, VK!

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Cool pics! those are all toys?

5. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    Monsieur Delsaux looks a little like a Gallic Obi-Wan.

Actually something like this would work in Los Angeles, too. Maybe this could be an interesting project, although I'm not thinking toys, I'm thinking more like real costumed people showing up where least expected. This could provoke some interaction that would be impossible with just the toys.

The 30th Anniversary is coming up next year. It could be an unique way for us to commemorate the anniversary.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Beautiful pics! I thought they were people standing in front of actual buildings. Am I wrong?

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Some of them look like toys, and some of them look life-sized, and then... I dunno.

The Maul one is the coolest, I think.

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm sure everyone has seen this by now, but if you didn't here is the rebirth of Chef as Darth Chef on South Park.

Darth Chef

Oh and to those I didn't tell yet, I worked out next to Mace Windu Saturday at the gym.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Last night was the last night for the play my padawan was in (he was a very minor character). It was a three night run and I'm glad it's done, it really threw our schedule off. Any way, the reason I'm posting about it on this thread is one of the characters in the play, a clown, was complaining that she wanted to be a serious actor then she did a couple of impressions. In the last impression, she cupped her hand over her big red nose and her mouth and said, while breathing heavy, "Luke, I am your father." The first time I heard it I fell out laughing. The second time I heard it, I chuckled. Last night, I just smiled.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    One thing I did watch this weekend was Boondocks, and there was a reference to SW in that. The main character Hewy mentioned that Obi-Wan said not to trust your eyes that they can deceive you.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I am a firm believer in the philosophy. Several years ago, my work computer keyboard had keys that could be popped out. I popped all of the letters out and arranged them so they read, as nearly as possible, "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs" or in actuality, "Thequickbr ownfxjmpd vlazygs" or something like that. When asked why I did that, I would merely reply, "Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them." Most if not all of my co-workers thought I was insane. It was fun though. I wish my current keyboard would allow me to do it again.

12. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    [image=http://webpages.marshall.edu/~wellma15/TINYCAT_WTF.JPG]

13. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I read someplace that you can read it because our brain automatically fills in the blanks. It seems we have a natural tendency to make order out of chaos or something.

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, maybe my ears were deceiving me, but I was watching one of my favorite guilty pleasures last night, "America's Next Top Model" and Miss Jay (one of the judges)was criticizing the attitude of one of the contestants,"Yeah, she's just misunderstood, like Vader."

15. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    [face_laugh] Good one! Thanks for posting that -- gave me a good giggle!

16. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I know this is kinda late, but did anyone see Family Guy two sundays ago, where Lois' dad pulls down on his light in the doorway and tells him he has to defeat the Rancor like jabba did in ROTJ? And the guy defeats the Rancor just like Luke did? Loved that reference.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Nope, didn't see it but I do love watching Family Guy when it's on and I'm at home.

18. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Family guy last Sunday, Peter talks about how he saved Luke Skywalker.
    Only, Peter was the Taun Taun. THey sliced him open, and put the body inside ofhis.

It was damn hysterical.

Usually, every episode has 1 SW reference. Or at least, every other.
    American Dad has a lot too.

19. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    You're right DB. I'm sure Seth McFarland knows he can do just about anything with SW and and parody it right. Too bad the Simpsons can't do that. Not like they can't, but I'm sure Matt has other things for the show.

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    VK2, I love ANTM too! I never miss it (it's what part of my sig is alluding to :)). Actually, what Miss J said to Nnenna was "You're misunderstood, like Jade is sometimes."

21. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    WHich way is the imperial cog supposed to go?

22. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't know if there's a standard way it's supposed to go, but 99% of the time I see it as it is shown HERE.

That's the way I have it oriented on my car.

Don't you have a tatoo of it?

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    More importantly why are you up at 4am thinking about this?

24. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I've been thinking about it for a while, I didn't sleep at all last night. I suppose I should sleep tonight.
    I guess my tattoo is mis-alighned then :(

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    How disappointing!!!! But, if you like ANTM, you'll love In'Joke Theatre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.