main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Who said 'Star Wars'?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Elensara, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Who said 'Star Wars'? I did "Star Wars". There.

I'm thinking about getting a Star Wars tatoo.

What do you think?

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Do it SR!! I wanted to get one, but my wife won't let me. They don't like tatoos in Japan, they won't let you into certain establishments. I wanted to get Vader in Samurai armor holding a lighsaber in one hand and a katana (samurai sword) in the other done in the Japanese style tatoos. It was going to be pretty big, like my entire back. But that was just a thought. It'll never materialize. I know someone who does the best Japanese style tatoos too. So if you need a tatoo artist, let me know. I don't think he's ever done a Star Wars tatoo yet.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Go for SR! I have often thought of getting a Naboo symbol tattoo myself (I know.... :), just too chicken.

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    It's only a matter of time until I get a Yoda tattoo. I'm also going to get the sabre-toothed lime I'm famous for in some quarters.. :D

5. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Scott,
    I am not in favor of it. Having a strong fandom or interest is great, but think of this:
    (no offense to anyone who had) Permanent disgifuration of the body. Once its on, you die with it. Just my two cents. If you do, be sure its discrete and not something that would affect you in the work place. Then what do you choose? a Rebel, Empire, a character...etc?

For example, one of my colleages has his right arm here done. But, always had to wear long sleeve shirts at company function, because he was told "it was not our image" Plus, we he interviews people, or meets clients, does not want to give the wrong perception.

I love JR's idea, it sounded great. But big pciture, I agree with YG. Get it painted on a nice peace of cloth, frame it on your house, and take it with you. Not on your back.

Just my two cents guys. I dig and respect you both.

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Isn't it also against Jewish religion? We have a guy here who also has the sleeve thing going. He doesn't hide it. Sony is more loose with the creative thing than the more business related job. I would do a band around the arm up high. On it I would hide the symbols of the Rebels Empire and maybe two others in with just your regular banding design. It would be all black.

7. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    So you've acheived your necessary circumference then? :)

I'm still thinking about that Rebel symbol...but maybe I'd have to lose weight first.

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I can't believe that I am actually agreeing with D-B but that has always been my stance on tats. I don't find them particularly appealing. Don't get me wrong, I think there are many very cool tats out there but I would never get one nor would I allow my padawan to get one. May I add this bit of information to aid in your consideration? As you age, your skin loses its elasticity and some tats will sag. Also, the ink bleeds over time and lines that were crisp and pretty a month after you got it look murky and blurry. I hope that you reconsider, all of you. And though it is against D-B's religion, it isn't against mine. Don't do it!

9. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I guess I always dream of getting new tattoos because they are kind of addictive, but DH is right. I'm old enough now to see the tats I got in my 20s looking pretty bad. Plus I made bad choices and I don't really like them. I don't wear sleeveless things (okay I probably wouldn't anyway) because of them. I tried to have the ugly bat on my shoulder removed, but after $500 in laser treatments (and the tat cost only $50) it just looks worse...slightly faded and blurry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.