main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who shaped the voxyn?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Knight_James, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_James

Jedi_Knight_James Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2001
    Who shaped the voxyn?

Personally I think it was Master Yal Phaath. Because in Conquest he says: "I am going to Myrkyr to oversee the shaping of these beasts (vornskrs)" what's yoiur opinion?

2. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Yep - that's what I thought. :)

R.

3. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wasn't it Nen Yim? She puts her finger to her mouth and thinks about the galaxy shaking at her next creation, her masterpiece?

4. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Maybe Yim has something else planned. I hope we see some more of her soon. And Shimrra.

5. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    I'd like to see more of Nen Yim. And I don't think it was her who did the shaping of the voxyn. She was on that worldship for most of Rebirth, then Shimmy got her to move to his place so she could indulge in her heresy under his supervision.

Depending on the time difference between Rebirth and Star by Star, I'd say the voxyn were well under way to being shaped by the end of Rebirth. IMHO. :D

R.

6. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    I think Jedi Knight James had it right it was Yal Praath.

Also I believe it was said in SbS that Yal Praath was at the place Anakin's team infiltrated.

7. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    Better question, in my mind -

They made the Voxyn queen, why couldn't they just make another one?

What made the Jedi think that just by killing the original, the Vong couldn't make more? Why didn't they even think about it? They were risking the lives of over a dozen young Jedi, after all.

This question had to pop up in my mind a dozen times over SBS. The Vong created the voxyn queen. We have seen (and Jedi such as Anakin and Tahiri have seen) that the shapers keep careful records of all sanctioned 'shapings'. So they killed the 'queen' that all the rest were cloned from... big deal. They made the queen. It might take time to make another, which makes it good as a stalling tactic, but is it worth the lives of a ton of Jedi children?

The whole mission made little sense to me. They had a plan to get into Vong space, but they never mentioned or seemed to have as reliable a plan for getting out. Another hole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.