main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should be Han's co-pilot???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Emiaj, Sep 5, 2001.

?

Who should be Han's co-pilot???

Poll closed Mar 28, 2012.
  1. Leia

61.9%
  2. Droma

13.1%
  3. C-3PO

2.4%
  4. One of the kids

6.0%
  5. Short-Round

8.3%
  6. Chewbacca's clone/ghost/brain

8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Cat

Lady_Cat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001

I vote for Leia. I don't know where you got the idea that Leia is not a good pilot. I remember the books in the past always gave her credit for having piloting skills. She even had her own personal ship. I believe it was called 'The Alderaan'. She was flying around in it all alone in the Crystal Star.

2. ilegitimatesonofsuns

ilegitimatesonofsuns Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2001
    I agree that Leia should take the co-pilot seat. First of all, H&L should spend more time together and if she's lackng any knoledge of the ship. Han can teach her, she's a smart kid.

3. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    I'm just saying you don't want to put an inexperienced co-pilot who doesn't know what she's doing in that positions during a war especially when you expect your ship to be involved in that.

"I dunno, I guess I'd have to disagree with you there Jarik. She's flown the ship plenty of times, and while she is no where near the pilot that Han is, it doesn't mean she's a bad pilot."

She has not flown it plenty of times. I can't even recall one off the top of my head. And if she ever has admit that when Han left and she took over you got nervous cause she's not that good. It would take a long time of studying to know how to use those buttons and what they all do. Even 20 years of just riding and watching wouldn't train her in how to use it. Not to mention how retrofitted the Falcon is. It was a hard ship to learn originally. It's even harder now.

". I believe it was called 'The Alderaan'"

That's a pleasure yacht. Not a Correllian Transport with all those buttons and swtitches. I could figure out how to dive a pleasure yacht and I've never been on a spaceship. The yacht is like driving a car. A fighter is like a bus. And the Falcon is like driving a tank and staying on your side of the road.

". I don't know where you got the idea that Leia is not a good pilot. I remember the books in the past always gave her credit for having piloting skills."

No, they really didn't and if they did they were just basic skills. Pull the stick to go up and such. a cORELLIAN tRANSPORT IS EXTREMELY HARD TO PILOT. She is not trained at all. It would take her a long time to learn how to fly it.

" I think her experience since then on that ship would qualify her as a decent pilot."

that's not experience. You don't learn how to do something by being there a lot while other people do it. She didn't even watch them most of the time much less have them explain what they were doing. She would have to actually train and be taught how to fly it in order to be able to just like anybody else. She won't wake up one day and say Han ad Chewiw have been dopin this for 20 years and I was with htem while they did it a lot, so I know how to and go on to fly perfectly. She'd be lucky if she didn't crash, she'd be really lucky if she could fly straight without rolling or anything.

She's not a pilot and she's not good at all at flying ships especially the complicated Corellian Transports and the even more complicated Millenium Falcon.

She should just be agunner. She's pretty good at that.

4. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Leia, of course! :)

~*~Bria

5. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    What I'm trying to say that in the past 20 years I think that it is possible that she has piloted that ship many times. We're talking 20 years. We have not seen every moment of their lives. Also, she's flew the ship in ESB during the escape from Bespin, she flew it in CoPL, she flew it in VotF (ok she may have rammed a ship there but it was Han's idea. ;) ). So those are the few that I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm just saying that since the time of movies she may have had the experience of flying that ship quite a few times in various situations, that we have not had the privelege to see. But whatever, I guess we just don't see Leia in the same light, which is fine. :)

6. silverblade

silverblade Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2001
    "You cheat, Captain Solo! You no play fair! Play sabacc with you no fun!!!!!"

7. ilegitimatesonofsuns

ilegitimatesonofsuns Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2001
    I guess that some people believe that if it wasn't written a book, it didn't happen. I guess that there are just big blank spots in their lives if it wasn't written down.

8. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
  9. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    "We're talking 20 years. We have not seen every moment of their lives"

Of course we haven't, but from what we know she has had no training and doesn't really know how to fly it very well. I can only go by what I have been shown in the books and so can you. Anything else is just speculation.

"Also, she's flew the ship in ESB during the escape from Bespin, she flew it in CoPL, she flew it in VotF (ok she may have rammed a ship there but it was Han's idea. ). So those are the few that I can think of off the top of my head."

Lando and Chewie were there in ESB and doing most of the actual flying I remember. Leia went back to the back when Luke came in and the ship kept going. Sure they could've switched, but why would Leia pilot when two experienced pilots, Lando and Chewie are there. Ok, in Vision of the Future she crashed the Falcon into an enemy ship. Even on purpose it's not great. That's not terribly hard to do and doesn't make a great pilot. And I don't rememeber CoPL.

10. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    They switched back and forth in ESB... The thing is that she knows enough, and the rest she can learn on the fly. I just don't see how you are getting that she doesn't know anything at all. She's flown the ship... she's flown the ship as much as she's used the guns. She knows the instruments etc even back in ANH "Here they come." "We've lost the lateral controls." etc. etc. I can see there being one line in the future novels that says she has been flying the Falcon off and on for 20 years and that would be a satisfactory reason for her to be his co-pilot and a plausible one IMHO. But again, I think this is more of a situation where we are seeing Leia in two different ways.

11. Ace-777

Ace-777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2001
    I for one hate Droma.
    I don't really kno why its just that I don't like him one bit.

And whatever happened to Lowbacca and Chewie's son (forgot his name)? Aren't they supposed to be honoring the life debt.
    I know that Han said that he needed time but he seems find now around Edge of Victory.

12. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    While Leia seems to be the most logical choice you gotta be consider of Han, the Falcon's his sanctuary, where he runs off to when things are tough, where he can go to and forget about family, politics and heck, even the entire friggin galaxy. Han should have to mix family into his sanctuary so I guess I'll pick Droma, and I really don't think Leia's that great of a pilot, I believe she can handle a stick since she's a Skywalker, but handling a Corellian Freighter is a whole 'nother ball game. Most likely she's learnt a few things about it but Jarik's right, she needs to know about the whole heart of the Falcon before she can become the true co-pilot.

13. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm down with Short Round! If you wanna see what the actor who played SH looks like today, go get the DVD of the Goonies. Watch the commentary(yes, i said watch)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.