main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who Should Be Supreme Chancellor Of The Republic In Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by G-FETT, Nov 1, 2012.

?

Supreme Chancellor Of The Republic Should Be?

1. Princess Leia

42 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. Mon Mothma

31 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. Admiral Ackbar

9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. General Madine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lando Calrissian

25 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. Another

51 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    The empire didn't hate aliens. They never wiped them out or enslaved them.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I would have a President of the Republic. Chancellor sounds boring. It gives a sense of a new era to use a new term-President. It sounds better. Some sci fi, such as Ratchet and Clank, has a galactic president.

Or even better, a Galactic Baron? Like the baron in jak 2?

3. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I'd rather not see a 'Republic' at all. I'd rather see a galaxy in disarray.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    They enslaved Wookies, aliens were not allowed to serve as officers in the Empire and neither were women.

Admiral Daala & Grand Admiral Thrawn being exceptions.

5. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I hope the supreme chancellor isn't a title but go with a new title for the new government.

6. Moog

Moog Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    Voted for Leia, but I don'y expect they would have anyone in a 'Supreme Chancellor' role, and tat's assuming they even have a 'New Republic'. Personally I wouldn't want to rebuild something which had become so corrupt and unwieldy, and if I did it certainly wouldn't be in the same format...

7. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    If it is going to be a military guy, I pick the dude that was in charge on Hoth. I don't know his name (i tried to find it). He seemed to be an in charge guy and did not efff around.

8. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    What if Lukes turns all "I don't wanna be a jedi enny more" and throws his lightsabre away and becomes chancellor. Just saying...

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Carlist Rieekan, yeah he was quite a tough guy.

Someone mentioned an alien Superme Chancellor, yeah that would be fun.
    I would actually like it even more if he didn't speak Basic and had to be subtitled. Dunno why, that would really be kinda cool.

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    He would be the Jimmy Carter of Supreme Chancellors, I would imagine. Very wise and diplomatic, but maybe too politically naive to get the job done. Plus some Imperial loyalist would be asking for his birth certificate, and then we would have Vader-gate: "do you want the son of Vader as your Supreme Chancellor?" And let's not forget his Naboo heritage. You know, the system that gave us Emperor Palpatine?

I'm backing the Calrissian/Antilles ticket.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  11. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    You sir....have a great knowledge of the galaxy.

Now that his name is known...I vote for Rieekan and his VP...the guy that got choked by Vader

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    He's dead. Raymus Antilles, I believe.

13. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Rieekan would be beyond elderly. The actor playing him died in 2004 at the age of 73.

14. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    It'll be an entirely new character, if the 'Supreme Chancellor' (or whatever political variation of it would exist post-OT) is even seen in the movie.

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  16. Mehmeh

Mehmeh Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]during the power vacuum a rebel leader will be in charge

17. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    my vote goes to another. i think that if the story takes places 30-40 years after ROTJ, leia would have already served her term(s) as head of the new republic and the reins would belong to a new character. having her in the role would make the galaxy seem small anyway. i'd like to think that the new republic would be flourishing by this point without the original rebels having to still run the entire show.

18. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    Ken Palpatine obviously.

JediMara77 likes this.
  19. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    This just makes me think of BSG. Heck let's just have Laura Roslin as the president of the New Republic.

20. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    I actually think Lando is the obvious choice. I actually don't think Leia would ever serve as Chancellor/President. I actually think that with the war over, she'd step back. She might become a Senator but she wouldn't want to lead the restored Republic. Assuming Episode VII is 30-40 years later (based on actors ages), Mon Mothma isn't viable. She might have been the first president but she'd have long since retired.

Then there's Lando. I think he's perfect. He's got the charisma to be a politician, in Empire he runs a mining facility so he had leadership experience, he became a general during the rebellion and destroyed the second Death Star, making him a war hero. Of the original characters, Lando is the best choice.

agentkrycek likes this.
  21. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Lando becoming that respectable? I really don't see it, but it does sound more viable then some of the other possibilities.

22. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Well if we're going by Old Republic procedure, whoever serves as Chancellor has to first be elected to Senate. Senator Calrissian of the Bespin System sounds good to me.

And then when he runs for Chancellor, to make sure that he doesn't come across as only being loyal to his home system, his slogan would be "Lando's not a System, he's a MAN!"

23. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd also like to add having him become Chancellor gives his character some purpose for being in the new trilogy, rather than just be another classic face making an appearance for fan service.

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    The Ugnauts. All of them.

Politicians are all swine anyway.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    As much as I'd love to vote for Admiral Ackbar, I'd rather see him commanding the entire Rebel fleet again. I think Leia would be best to have as supreme chancellor.