main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should be the next Chief of State?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Nov 12, 2001.

?

Who should be the next Chief of State?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Garm Bel Iblis

23.7%
  2. Mon Mothma

1.7%
  3. Ackbar

1.7%
  4. Wedge Antilles

8.5%
  5. Traest Kre'fey

3.4%
  6. Leia Organa Solo

6.8%
  7. Viqi Shesh

5.1%
  8. Tycho Celchu

1.7%
  9. A new character

28.8%
  10. Other

18.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
  2. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I'd like to see someone new who sort of works in the background of the stories...the politics of Star Wars EU are sort of getting a little stale for me.

3. wk_sock

wk_sock Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2001
    I think that there won't be much politics in the rest of the NJO, and instead it'll be the military that makes all of the decisions.

wk_sock

4. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Leia as totally sworn off politics...

Viqi is now regarded widely as a traitor...

Mothma, Bel Iblis and Ackbar - it has passed their time...

In times of war, a leader is needed with military experience, ie: Dwight D. Eisenhowever.

That gives us the option of Wedge Antilles, Traest Kre'fey or Tycho Celchu as potential candidates.

My vote would be for Trae'st Kre'fey...

5. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I hope that's true, sock.

6. Talon_Karrde_

Talon_Karrde_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2000
    Traest Kre'fey or Wedge?

Wedge of Traest Kre'fey?

hmmm...I vote for Wedge. That leaves Traest to run the military.

7. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Han should be the next Chief of State. Look at all the help the smugglers have given the New Republic and the Jedi. They deserve a representative. If not Han, Talon Karrde would be good too. He does seem to know everything.

8. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Wes Janson

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Wedge doesn't really like politics. None of our military heros do.

We need someone new.

10. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    There is no Chief of State, because there is no government. The New Republic has crumbled. Wedge, for now, is going to take the role of fleet commander, covering their retreat until those who haven't fled to their own worlds can get a foothold somewhere, my guess is either in Imperial Space or, more likely, the Hapan Consortium, unless, they go to the UR which would suck.

11. Darth_Inferno

Darth_Inferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2001
    Garm Bel Iblis....he'd be perfect for Chief of State....mainly because he won't let anything stop him when something such as the Yuuzhan Vong need to be stopped.

12. Genghis_the_Dead_12

Genghis_the_Dead_12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    Lando Calrissian

He's settled down and can administrate rings around anyone else in the galaxy. He's been a military hero, a business mastermind and administrative genius. He can cut through the BS like a saber through durasteel doors.

As a married man, I think the fear that he'd bet the GFFA to Waru, or the Kathol or someone in a game of sabaac is long-gone.

13. Altima

Altima Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2001
    Me.

:D

The New Republic (what's left of it) needs someone who's, militarily, very competent, but also inspiring. In modern times, the equivalent of Winston Churchill or Dwight D. Eisenhower. My vote goes to Traest Kre'fey.

14. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    i choose "other". None of the people you've listed seem to have a solid background in politics, imo. I always thought it'd be someone from the Advisory Council: Niuk Niuv of Sullust, Cal Omas of Alderaan, Triebakk of Kashyyyk, Pwoe of Mon Calamari, Fyor Rodan of Commenor, or Chelch Dravvad of Corellia.

My reasoning: the Advisory Council is(was?) on one of the highest tiers in the New Republic political arena. If a person were to be inducted into it, that honor is a testament to their political power, reputation, and standing. Borsk himself was included on the Council. This leads me to the conclusion that those who are on the Advisory Council retain the "highest rank" in politics.

Because of Borsk's actions, I don't think that another Bothan would be sanctioned by his/her planet to run for office...at least not for the near future.

Now for the time being, considering that the NR is currently in a state of war and desperation, I could see an election being put off until the war was resolved and the NR declaring Martial Law.

15. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Ken Palpatine

Why the krif not? He's got leadership in his blood, just as much as Leia. Age? Amidala was young too and she was a good leader. Plus he's been raised by droids and is probably a good Jedi by now.

(Gatherer, I assume by this point that we can post some SbS spoliers, since you just gave away a character death)

16. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Ken Palpatine [face_laugh]

17. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Lando

18. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    The only one who can hold it all togetehr and one of the front runners back when we had our own Chief of State elections:

Winter Celchu.

Next best candidate may be Lando, but I don't think he could deal with all of the different senators. Vote Winter.

19. Azure_Edge

Azure_Edge Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2001
    Ponc Gavrisom! Whatever happened to good old Puffers, anyhow?

20. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I feel that it should be Kef'rey, although I do see The Gatherer's point about how he should still be able to lead the military.

IMO, he's a strong leader, and although a bothan, he's most unlike Fey'la in that aspect. He has a backbone. My other choice would have been Wedge of those that were there, but he hates sitting behind a desk. lothes it with all his heart. The NR would never stand for any of the solo's with all their Jedi hating right now. and Mothma, and Ackbar have already seen the office and have faded from the lime light. I do see Gram bel as a possiblility, although he would be what? in his 80's?

If it came down to the Provisional council I would go with the guy from Kysshyk (sp?) As I remember he was always on the side of the people, and the greater good. He has a Wookiee's honor and it would do the NR good. Although if you Remember form Visions, Gaverison (sp?) did pretty well there, while Leia was on leave. He could easily have taken over.

Personally, If I had the choice, (if I was living in the GFFA) I'd have moved and lived in an Empire under Palleon, than stayed for that barnum bunkum Bothan Fey'la . ..

21. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Surely, the Imperial Senator for Corellia and real founder of the Rebel Alliance...?!

- The Imperial Ewok

22. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    According to the OS, the NR Council will act as Vice Chair until they find a replacement.

Winter would be interesting, especially considering she's married to Tycho.

But I am really crossing my claws for Ken, the famous Jedi prince whose leadership is bound to save the GFFA from total annihilation.

23. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    Even though she swore off politics, i'm betting on Leia in a temp role. I could see her taking the reins for a brief period of time to allow them to get their act together.

Genghis the Dead's idea about Lando is actually a pretty good one. I think he might make a good CoS in the long run.

24. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Wedge, now there would be an interesting character for the Chief of State.

Of course, then the politics would stop and he?d concentrate the power of the military on fighting the Vong..

25. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    I think Jacen is being set up for this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.