Who should be the next Chief of State?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Nov 12, 2001.

?

Who should be the next Chief of State?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
Garm Bel Iblis 14 vote(s) 23.7%
Mon Mothma 1 vote(s) 1.7%
Ackbar 1 vote(s) 1.7%
Wedge Antilles 5 vote(s) 8.5%
Traest Kre'fey 2 vote(s) 3.4%
Leia Organa Solo 4 vote(s) 6.8%
Viqi Shesh 3 vote(s) 5.1%
Tycho Celchu 1 vote(s) 1.7%
A new character 17 vote(s) 28.8%
Other 11 vote(s) 18.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
  2. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to see someone new who sort of works in the background of the stories...the politics of Star Wars EU are sort of getting a little stale for me.
  3. wk_sock Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think that there won't be much politics in the rest of the NJO, and instead it'll be the military that makes all of the decisions.

wk_sock
  4. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Leia as totally sworn off politics...

Viqi is now regarded widely as a traitor...

Mothma, Bel Iblis and Ackbar - it has passed their time...

In times of war, a leader is needed with military experience, ie: Dwight D. Eisenhowever.

That gives us the option of Wedge Antilles, Traest Kre'fey or Tycho Celchu as potential candidates.

My vote would be for Trae'st Kre'fey...
  5. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope that's true, sock.
  6. Talon_Karrde_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Traest Kre'fey or Wedge?

Wedge of Traest Kre'fey?

hmmm...I vote for Wedge. That leaves Traest to run the military.
  7. Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Han should be the next Chief of State. Look at all the help the smugglers have given the New Republic and the Jedi. They deserve a representative. If not Han, Talon Karrde would be good too. He does seem to know everything.

8. peregrine Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wedge doesn't really like politics. None of our military heros do.

We need someone new.
  10. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    There is no Chief of State, because there is no government. The New Republic has crumbled. Wedge, for now, is going to take the role of fleet commander, covering their retreat until those who haven't fled to their own worlds can get a foothold somewhere, my guess is either in Imperial Space or, more likely, the Hapan Consortium, unless, they go to the UR which would suck.
  11. Darth_Inferno Jedi Master

star 1
    Garm Bel Iblis....he'd be perfect for Chief of State....mainly because he won't let anything stop him when something such as the Yuuzhan Vong need to be stopped.
  12. Genghis_the_Dead_12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lando Calrissian

He's settled down and can administrate rings around anyone else in the galaxy. He's been a military hero, a business mastermind and administrative genius. He can cut through the BS like a saber through durasteel doors.

As a married man, I think the fear that he'd bet the GFFA to Waru, or the Kathol or someone in a game of sabaac is long-gone.
  13. Altima Jedi Knight

star 1
    Me.

:D

The New Republic (what's left of it) needs someone who's, militarily, very competent, but also inspiring. In modern times, the equivalent of Winston Churchill or Dwight D. Eisenhower. My vote goes to Traest Kre'fey.
  14. Vergere Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i choose "other". None of the people you've listed seem to have a solid background in politics, imo. I always thought it'd be someone from the Advisory Council: Niuk Niuv of Sullust, Cal Omas of Alderaan, Triebakk of Kashyyyk, Pwoe of Mon Calamari, Fyor Rodan of Commenor, or Chelch Dravvad of Corellia.

My reasoning: the Advisory Council is(was?) on one of the highest tiers in the New Republic political arena. If a person were to be inducted into it, that honor is a testament to their political power, reputation, and standing. Borsk himself was included on the Council. This leads me to the conclusion that those who are on the Advisory Council retain the "highest rank" in politics.

Because of Borsk's actions, I don't think that another Bothan would be sanctioned by his/her planet to run for office...at least not for the near future.

Now for the time being, considering that the NR is currently in a state of war and desperation, I could see an election being put off until the war was resolved and the NR declaring Martial Law.

15. wampa Force Ghost

star 4
    Ken Palpatine

Why the krif not? He's got leadership in his blood, just as much as Leia. Age? Amidala was young too and she was a good leader. Plus he's been raised by droids and is probably a good Jedi by now.

(Gatherer, I assume by this point that we can post some SbS spoliers, since you just gave away a character death)
  16. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
  17. Quiwan Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Jarik Jedi Master

star 4
    The only one who can hold it all togetehr and one of the front runners back when we had our own Chief of State elections:

Winter Celchu.

Next best candidate may be Lando, but I don't think he could deal with all of the different senators. Vote Winter.
  19. Azure_Edge Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ponc Gavrisom! Whatever happened to good old Puffers, anyhow?
  20. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    I feel that it should be Kef'rey, although I do see The Gatherer's point about how he should still be able to lead the military.

IMO, he's a strong leader, and although a bothan, he's most unlike Fey'la in that aspect. He has a backbone. My other choice would have been Wedge of those that were there, but he hates sitting behind a desk. lothes it with all his heart. The NR would never stand for any of the solo's with all their Jedi hating right now. and Mothma, and Ackbar have already seen the office and have faded from the lime light. I do see Gram bel as a possiblility, although he would be what? in his 80's?

If it came down to the Provisional council I would go with the guy from Kysshyk (sp?) As I remember he was always on the side of the people, and the greater good. He has a Wookiee's honor and it would do the NR good. Although if you Remember form Visions, Gaverison (sp?) did pretty well there, while Leia was on leave. He could easily have taken over.

Personally, If I had the choice, (if I was living in the GFFA) I'd have moved and lived in an Empire under Palleon, than stayed for that barnum bunkum Bothan Fey'la . ..
  21. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    Surely, the Imperial Senator for Corellia and real founder of the Rebel Alliance...?!

- The Imperial Ewok
  22. wampa Force Ghost

star 4
    According to the OS, the NR Council will act as Vice Chair until they find a replacement.

Winter would be interesting, especially considering she's married to Tycho.

But I am really crossing my claws for Ken, the famous Jedi prince whose leadership is bound to save the GFFA from total annihilation.
  23. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Even though she swore off politics, i'm betting on Leia in a temp role. I could see her taking the reins for a brief period of time to allow them to get their act together.

Genghis the Dead's idea about Lando is actually a pretty good one. I think he might make a good CoS in the long run.
  24. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wedge, now there would be an interesting character for the Chief of State.

Of course, then the politics would stop and he?d concentrate the power of the military on fighting the Vong..
  25. Darth Tuna Jedi Master

star 2
    I think Jacen is being set up for this one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.