main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who should die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Darkmoon, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    If Luke dies I would only like to see him dying from old age in a Yoda-esque scene, and that would probably be in one of the films we'll get after this trilogy.

Han's got to go IMO. I really hope that despite Ford's dislike for Star Wars, he does the decent thing for the fans who have supported him throughout the years and comes back to allow his character to be given a proper send off. It would leave a horrible taste to have no Han and have his absence explained away by death pre-trilogy or something.

2. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't really want to see any of the classic heroes die, but if its going to happen it needs to be done right. These characters are simply far too iconic. I don't want to see any deaths that are:

- Off screen between the two trilogies (ex - Luke died of cancer 10 years after ROTJ)
    - At the start of the film (its our last chance to see our childhood favourites on the big screen again - why waste that opportunity?)
    - Solely for shock value (ex - Han and Leia board a ship that randomly explodes unexpectedly like the begining of AOTC)
    - Go out like a punk (Boba Fett in ROTJ anyone?)

I like the idea of Han having a heroic death piloting the Falcon into a deadly threat and saving the day. A captain should go down with his ship and I don't see much else that can be done with the character outside of one last adventure. He should be the first to go.

Luke needs to have a passing of the torch scenario - something like Obi-Wan or Yoda's death. Having his death occur in the second film means it won't overshadow Han's and he can still return for the third movie as a ghost to help mentor the next generation. At the same time saving it for the third film in a way that mirrors Vader wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Leia would preferably be of old age. The third film would be the best choice as her death could mirror Padme and Yoda's in the third acts of their respective trilogies.

3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    EVERAYBAHDAYY

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    There should be funeral pyres. It would mirror Anakin and Qui gon's cremations. Who should be cremated? Should Luke's body disappear, or not? Should Leia dissapear? Should Luke or leia be cremated?

Han should die a heroic death. A meaningful death. In the falcon....

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Actually, he did two death scenes throughout his career (even more if you count his VERY early work). That would be in Mosquito Coast and What Lies Beneath (also of note, this was the only time he played a villain). But I would have to agree, of all the original cast, I think Han Solo is the likely choice to bite the dust. I think it would be fitting for his character to go out in a blaze of glory and perhaps be the catalyst for the others to fulfill an essential plot point.

If you're going to show a death onscreen (especially a major death, such as one of the original cast), you need to make it count and not have it fall flat by rendering it meaningless. There have been far too many character deaths utilized only for the shock value (this is especially true in the EU). I'd rather the new films not fall into that same trap.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Han solo should be killed by an alien of Greedo's species......

7. Darth Stream

Darth Stream Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    The most dramatic death for me - Luke Skywalker

8. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I feel the same way, but if it's done right and he has some great scenes leading up to it...I really want to see Luke in more of a Yoda role as the ultimate Jedi than in an Obi-Wan role as a crazy old man.

9. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Huh? Obi Wan did not die as a 'crazy old man' ??!

Luke should die at the end of Ep 7, basically his death should be the thing that motivates the new protagonist to take the story onwards into Ep 8.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Luke don't die, he just go to Mortis

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I doubt they'll all die.
    But then again...who knows.
    Harrison might actually demand that Han be killed off, it would make sense for Luke to die at some point and Leia...well to be honest I don't really have an idea what's gonna happen to her.

12. Qual

Qual Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2009
    I'd only be fine with Luke dying if he got the Yoda treatment. But more than that, Yoda treatment + everyone knows that the Jedi Order is on a safe footing, and that his legacy is secure. Done right, it would tie the 9-movie Saga together, knowing that despite everything the Jedi Order has been reborn. Luke 'going out like a punk' would be shattering I reckon, and an order of magnitude worse than Han shooting second, Jar Jar or midichlorians.

Han dying in VII sounds ok, so long as it's not just a cash-in and an important part of the story. Heroic death works. Seeing the Falcon get destroyed might make me cry though.

13. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Luke can die, yet still be in all three movies as he can be a force ghost...

Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the force. Mourn them do not, miss them do not. ;)

14. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd rather see Han and Leia disappear into the background. After all the **** they've gone through in the EU, they deserve to live happily ever after.

I could see Luke being built up to lead the new Jedi, only to get impaled by the new villain. This would allow a huge cliffhanger as people are left wondering who will lead the Jedi and defeat the villain in the next movie. Or have Luke die at the end of 9 and lead it into an annoucement of eps 10-12.

15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd want Han to die over Luke and Leia.

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Harrison is by far the best actress, and the only one that kept his "youthful figure." so he would be #1 to stay (plus, a he is the best of the 3 to dedicate a side movie to). The princess can't die in the movie, that's unacceptable, we need to hear that she died in the next movie. That leaves Luke to pass on the Jedi tradition, then die.

In all likelihood, they will all die before episode 8, but I don't know who would actually die during episode 7. I have a feeling there may be a jump in time for epsiode 8 so that we hear how they died, they don't actually die in 7 (not all of them anyway).

17. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Considering Harrison Ford begged for a death scene in Episode VI... if only one of the OT dies, it'll be him.

Luke could last a long time in the series and still be viable... A lot of people are talking about him as a Episode VII version of Obi-wan, in my mind he's more like the New Jedi Order's Yoda, he'll hang around for most of the trilogy sort of like how Yoda did in the PT.

gregvader123 and TreborSabreon like this.
  18. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Solo should've died in ROTJ but he missed his chance-I say leave him alone. I'd want Luke to go and I think he will...I'd even bet money on it.

19. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Luke, he can continue as a force ghost.

hanshotfirst87 likes this.
  20. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Han, going out a hero. Would be awesome.

21. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    None. Why do they need to die.

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  22. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't have any dislike of Han Solo, but if one had to go I would hope it would be him. If the ST follows the first two trilogies it will be Luke who goes in Ep. VII, if TPTB follow Harrison Ford's wishes, Han will be the one to go. Perhaps both of them will die in part one of the new trilogy. Ideally, Luke would survive in his corporeal form at least into Ep. VIII, but I'll be happy if he appears as force ghost after dying in Ep. VII. I've always wanted to see Luke as a Jedi Master, and we have had to wait for 30 years to see this. It was only after the PT that I got a good idea/visual of what a Jedi really was that the OT couldn't give us, and now in the ST I want to see Luke as a bad*** Jedi Master kicking some evil bad guy ***.

23. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I don't want to see them killed just for the sake of killing them...whatever the story should naturally be, that is what needs to happen. I really wouldn't kill any of them in Episode VII.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Doing what???

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm ok with any or all of them dying as long as it has meaning and a major impact on the story. They've all earned an awesome death scene. But, if none of them die, I'm cool with that too. :)