main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who should direct Episode IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Like Alfonso Cuaron, who directed the best HP film anyway. ;)

TX-20, Darth_Bertie and Artoo-Dion like this.
  2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I totally disagree the first two were the best IMHO, the rest were OK but palled in comparison. The first two had this Magical feel similar to how I felt when I saw Star Wars for the first time. John Williams score also added an Epic Element that you only got with the first three but IMHO exclusively to the first two imperticular, also the Actor they got to Play Dumbldore in the Latter movies was Horrible I will take the Original Dumbldore any day of the week ....

What about the other Chris Columbus films I mentioned ?

3. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

Sure, the original Dumbledore was better, but you do know why he was replaced to begin with, right? It's because he died. That kind of makes it nigh impossible to bring him back to keep playing the role.

You're not wrong that the first two films had a more 'magical' feel to them than the latter films did, which is nice, but I think that storytelling and characterization is the most important part to nail in these films. I think Cuaron did the best job with that out of anyone.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Was 2 the one with naked Jar Jar Binks? That film was iffy.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  5. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

It had Dobby, yes.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Christopher Lee should have been cast instead, There were rumors back then of this.

7. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Sounds like Duncan Jones.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  8. Fruit Pastilles

Dec 21, 2014
    What do you guys think of Doug Liman? He doesn't seem to get enough mentions on here.

Everything I've heard of Edge of Tomorrow is really good. I've yet to watch it, but it's something on my list to see ASAP. He also directed The Bourne Identity.

TX-20 and Chained Prometheus like this.
  9. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

I know, right?

He'd be good, but I think that there are better options out there... like Duncan Jones or Alfonso Cuaron.

10. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I can't see Cuaron doing this unless he is a huge Star Wars fan. At this point in his career, he can get his own original projects financed which gives him creative freedom he would never have with a franchise. I think they will end up with another Rian Johnson type director for 9.

11. Fruit Pastilles

Dec 21, 2014

I don't think it's possible though. He's talked about doing a sequel numerous times, and if this does well like I think it will, Duncan will probably be busy with that and then finishing the trilogy.

12. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    Dare I say it makes little difference.
    It is still Disney's party. Aside from guiding the actors into delivering a particular performance, the director of Star Wars movies isn't making any important executive decisions about the story...Disney has a board of directors for that.

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Who should? George Lucas.
    Who would be my dream director not named George Lucas? Peter Jackson.
    Who do I want that is more realistic? Rian Johnson.
    Who will it probably be? JJ Abrams.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    wrong.

Mr_Thompson and Krueger like this.
  15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I honestly don't care who does it as long as they do it well.

16. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014

God no. Moon was awful.

17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    moon... was .. awful? really? wow.

[​IMG]

18. Arch Stanton

Apr 15, 2014

One of the most painfully boring films of all time. Quite how it's established this underrated sci-fi gem reputation is beyond me.

19. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I like Moon. I also like A.I. but find 2001: A Space Odyssey boring as hell. I don't understand why some people don't understand that we all like different things. You like something I don't? Wow I'm so confused by that! This seems a very simplistic way to think in my opinion.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    David Lynch of course for Episode IX:

Snoke (to Luke during the climactic saber fight): I'll send you a love letter, straight from my heart, kriffer! You know what a love letter is? It's a blast from a kriffing blaster, kriffer! You receive a love letter from me, you're kriffed forever! You understand, kriff? I'll send you straight to the Force Netherworld, kriffer!

Artoo-Dion and TK327 like this.
  21. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Christopher Nolan of course.

He directed Inception, Interstellar, and The Dark Knight trilogy.

Need I say more?

22. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

I thought about that, but really, if Warcraft ends up getting sequels, it'll take several extra years of pre-production to get going. If he gets the IX gig, he'd probably start working on it next year, shoot it between 2017-2018 and transition from there to Warcraft 2 while working on the post-production stages. It's manageable, I think.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Entirely wrong. L.U.C.A.S.F.I.L.M. Not Disney. Same as M.A.R.V.E.L. Not Disney. Do you really think Mickey Mouse gives two ##### about the story of the ST, or any future SW films? As long as it’s not full of blood and guts or any controversial subject matter, the Disney board of directors do not care.

24. Arch Stanton

Apr 15, 2014

I very much doubt he'd want to. Plus, as marketable and successful as he is, Nolan is a bit of a known quantity and I'd want someone a bit more visually exciting.

Krueger likes this.
  25. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Perhaps, perhaps. But what if they got Michael Bay to direct this movie? That's why I'd want someone like Nolan that is good at making a great story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.