main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT who should have been in the ending of rotj

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by deadly jp, Jul 27, 2014.

?

mace and aui gon as force ghost in rotj

Poll closed Aug 16, 2014.
  1. yes

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. no

33 vote(s)
    97.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    It would of been better if geogre lucas added qui gon jinn and mace windu as force ghost do you agree?

2. Visitant

Visitant Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 20, 2014
    I don't think Mace Windu actually ever learned to be a Force ghost. (Well, technically neither did Anakin, I guess...)

As for whether I think one or both should have been included...Nah. I like it the way it is (or was, I guess I should say). Besides it makes the most sense for just Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin to be there, because they were the only Jedi Luke knew.

CaptainRegor, Thuro and Yanksfan like this.
  3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I could make so many Shrek Is Love Shrek Is Life jokes from that "geogre" typo but nahh

Anyway, I don't really think so. Qui-Gon had no direct influence on Luke's training, and Mace never even had the chance to learn how to become a Force Ghost. The only reason Anakin was able to learn is because Yoda and Obi-Wan intervened just after his death, before he could move on to the netherworld of the Force

Andy Wylde and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  4. deadly jp

Jul 27, 2014
    But qui gon jinn was the one that helped yoda retain his identify after death, which yoda teaches obi wan and anakin who than eventually teaches luke, thats why qui gon jinn should appear in ROTJ. Luke shouldnatleast know the person who created the ability to appear as a force ghost after death.

5. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    Stop giving George Lucas ideas for further needless changes.

That is all.

6. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Ha ha, I'm sorry, but that's absurd. Who cares? And how large of a "Force ghost party" do you want to make this?

Obi wan: "Oh, Luke, before you go back and hang with your friends, there are a couple of dead Jedi I would like you to meet…Mace, Qui-gon, this is Luke--Anakin's son! Luke, this is Mace." *drops to a whisper* "You father killed him, but let's not bring that up right now.There's still some tension there." *more cheerfully* And this is Qui-gon! He was the one who developed the ability for Force users to retain their identity after they die…."

Luke: "Um...cool?"

Yeah, that whole exchange should fit seamlessly in the next Special Edition.

Barbecue17, Andy Wylde, Rauno and 7 others like this.
  7. deadly jp

Jul 27, 2014

kubricklynch and Thuro like this.
  8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004

Please, let's just leave well enough alone! Luke never knew either of these people. He's having a hard enough time working out who the guy younger than him is as it is!

9. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Agreed

Qui-Gon and Mace mean nothing to Luke. Only his father, Obi-Wan and Yoda have any significance to him.

This gets on my nerves more than it should. You should not make bridges between the trilogies by shoving PT crap into the OT. The Dug was annoying, Hayden was half-assed at best, and Naboo has no relevance to the OT heroes. Why is it only ROTJ that gets this done to it?

Mr. K, Yanksfan, Sarge and 1 other person like this.
  10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    No need to add Mace or Qui-Gon at all as they had no direct influence on Luke. One of my bug bears with the special editions and the others subsequent is the shoe horning in of scenes and changes to make the OT fit better with the PT.

Yanksfan, Thuro and lovelikewinter like this.
  11. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    It's bad enough now that Hayden shows up and Luke is all like "who the #### is that guy"

Barbecue17, Yanksfan and AndyLGR like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just because multiple votes are allowed in a yes/no poll, I voted for both.

Thuro and Seagoat like this.
  13. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I did the same lel

14. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm a prequel defender and like briding the trilogys. But this is idea is just silly. Hayden ghost was bad enough Naboo is fine though. On a side note just because shaw was older than hayden doesn't mean that hayden and old man shaw arent the same people. Idk what Lucas was thinking there...

15. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    He was thinking that Anakin, in the eyes of the Force, reverted to who he was when he died as Anakin and became Vader
    What people seem to miss is that Force Ghosts are not at all physical. They're just a manifestation of one's consciousness retained after death, and they take on the appearance of how they were when they died
    Anakin died *in the eyes of the Force* when he became Vader. When Vader died *in the eyes of the Force* and Anakin came back, that was essentially 23 years of ageing that he did not experience, again *in the eyes of the Force*

Andy Wylde, Thuro and deadly jp like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Keep it the way it is.

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  17. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    Yoda didn't think Anakin. I always thought that since Anakin was born of the force, when he died, he would truly be one with the force, meaning he can do without training what took Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Yoda years. After all, it'd been what? 3 hours since he died? No way would he be able to learn that fast. It's just a natural part of the death of the Chosen One.

18. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    It had been all of 10 seconds after Obi-Wan died when he was able to telepathically tell Luke to run

Andy Wylde likes this.
  19. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011

I'm referring to Anakin's death, not Obi-Wan's. And if we're going to have a billion force ghosts, I'd rather have them watch the Vader vs Luke fight on the Death Star. After all, that is what it all comes down to. Obviously it'd still be really stupid, but better than having those ghosts all at the celebration.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  20. Bring_My_Shuttle

Bring_My_Shuttle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 22, 2006
    Sure, why not? At this point it really doesn't matter. I'll stick with my laserdisc rips.

lovelikewinter likes this.
  21. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    Stock footage of Hayden Christiansen shows the last time he was on the light side.

You know, after he slaughtered that entire tribe of Tusken Raiders, and cut the head off a disarmed (pun) man.

TX-20 and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  22. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    I wouldn't have been half as offended if they had tried to make Hayden look like he was 45ish instead of just pasting his head over Shaw's using whatever footage they had available right there.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  23. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    The appropriateness or otherwise of replacing Shaw with Christensen has been discussed often and at length, so let's leave it be in this thread. The OP is asking about the addition of other characters, so let's stick with that.

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no. luke never knew them and they couldn't become force ghosts. qui-gon could speak to yoda for a short time but could not take form.

25. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    I'm sure Quigon could, but I agree he had little significance in Luke's life and so shouldn't have appeared. Mace Windu is so awesome that he can do anything he wants, but same applies to him regarding Luke.