main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT who should have been in the ending of rotj

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by deadly jp, Jul 27, 2014.

?

mace and aui gon as force ghost in rotj

Poll closed Aug 16, 2014.
  1. yes

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. no

33 vote(s)
    97.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    when in doubt go with gl. the films and tcw are canon. the mortis arc had visions not force ghosts. jinn's spirit/voice guided yoda to the shamans/priestesses who taught jinn communication and that corporeality was possible. jinn couldn't do it because you must prepare to transition while you are alive. this is how yoda and obi can come back in a bodily form. they learn how to transition from life to death to the force directly.

Jedi_Apprentice likes this.
  2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Yes, which is why the Wook can't be taken as definitive in any way.

Regarding the artwork, it's officially endorsed (it was done for the Topps Galaxy Series 6 trading cards), but that doesn't mean anything if anyone wants to drag 'canon' into it - the trading cards portray all manner of speculative and alternative scenarios, that's one of the reasons they're so popular. It's basically fan art with an official stamp on it.

Jedi_Apprentice likes this.
  3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    =D=

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

On Mortis, the Force is so strong there that he could be seen even though he couldn't manifest himself when Yoda speaks to him on Polis Massa.

In dialogue, no, but given that he's not in ROTJ and Yoda states that he has training from Qui-gon and he didn't disappeared when he died, you're left to put two and two together. And before saying that Anakin didn't disappear, mind you, we see him look different now when he does appear. Meaning that he was helped by the two Jedi who both learned from Qui-gon and as Vader, he doesn't even know what Obi-wan did.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  5. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    This reminds me of a similar thread suggesting Padme be added to the shot. It just throws the whole thing out of whack for me. I cannot stand seeing Hayden in that shot- not because of PT disdain, but because it is not consistent with the storytelling arc from Luke's point of view. That do-over was done for the audience's sake and is akin to 'breaking the fourth wall' to me. It's as jarring to me as if Obi-Wan had addressed the camera directly and said something like "and this is the end of Luke's adventures- until next episode! MTFBBY." It just knocks me out of the film.

So no.... no Qui-Gon or Mace Windu or Kit Fisto or Yaddle or anyone else PLEASE.

6. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I always thought the disappearing indicated that they had learned the ghosting ability before they died. But that wouldn't necessarily preclude Qui Gon learning it after death would it? His non-appearance in ROTJ just seems appropriate as he was not involved in Luke's life.

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No, but he was with Anakin's. However, if Obi-wan, Yoda and Anakin do not reappear in the ST, then a case can be made that like in the old EU, there is a time limit in which they can be ghosts before moving on. In which case, Qui-gon had to move on before ANH.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  8. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    Who is Aui-Gon?

9. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    Oops my bad. :D

10. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Qui-Gon's evil twin brother!

sarlaccsaurs-rex and deadly jp like this.
  11. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Heck why not add a ghost Jar Jar while you're at it.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and deadly jp like this.
  12. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    ...or good, young Count Dooku because he was trained by Yoda and he trained Aui-Gon and Qui trained Obi-Wan and Obi trained Luke. They're practically related! :rolleyes:

13. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    As a Dooku fanboy I aprove of this. Actually no, I love the Count but seriously no more changes.

14. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
  15. The Force Hammer

The Force Hammer Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2014
    I don't see a reason for that, They made a point of Yoda learning about it in the Clone Wars and Yoda told Obi Wan to go learn it. Mace Windu certainly wouldn't make sense being there and Qui Gon wouldn't either because its meant to be a remembering of those who had helped Luke overcome the empires evil.

16. Deltron3030

Deltron3030 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2014
    [​IMG]

So who threw the Emperor down the reactor shaft? I thought that was Anakin... This is how Anakin looked when he died.
    [​IMG]

TX-20 and Sarge like this.
  17. Drewdude91

May 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

Is that Anakin to the left of Yoda? Or is that George Bush?

VanishingReality likes this.
  18. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Yes, Anakin was a 46 year old limbless charred living corpse basically by the time of his death. But as I said, it's through the eyes of the Force. It had not seen him in 23 years. So basically, it thought "oh right this guy, how did he look again? Oh right, logically he's only aged a few minutes since then" thus why his ghost maintains his younger form. Think of it in the sense of him no longer ageing as Anakin until his metaphysical rebirth

19. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  20. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

Thats the Shaw Anakin.

21. Drewdude91

May 21, 2011

22. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Drewdude91 It will be a sad day when someone asks that question seriously.

Still love the pic. "You killed us all as children." LMAO

23. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Anakin is so vain. Even Force Ghosts need facelifts.

24. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It wouldn't make any sense for them to be seen at the end of ROTJ, I suppose I could understand why someone would want to put Qui Gon...but Mace Windu?

25. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009