main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT who should have been in the ending of rotj

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by deadly jp, Jul 27, 2014.

?

mace and aui gon as force ghost in rotj

Poll closed Aug 16, 2014.
  1. yes

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. no

33 vote(s)
    97.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    As far as Qui Gonn or Mace being in the scene? No. But since people like being technical, if Anakin's ghost comes back then it will just be a torso with no limbs. Since Yoda and Ben look the way they did when they died then Anakin should too. But I like the idea of a younger Anakin. He is the chosen one and should be able to come back in any form he wants. Just like Gozer could come back in any form that somebody thought it should by thinking of it. But hey if I was the chosen one I would definitely bring my younger image back! That is just me though.

"It's good to be the chosen one!"

I wonder what kind of perks come along with being the chosen one? Does that also include K, medical dental?

2. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    Why? Luke would have just wondered who those strangers were. It would have been the ultimate photobombing moment.

Pax Sithus likes this.
  3. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Qui gon off course Mace deserved a lightning reality check.

Pax Sithus likes this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I do not see any reason for Qui Gon or Mace to have been added to the end of ROTJ, others have covered this pretty well but I'll just say Luke wouldn't have even known who they were.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  5. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Suddenly, I'm wondering if someone will suggest changing ANH in this way...

(Luke has just seen Ben cut down, and is blasting away at Vader and the troopers.)
    BEN: Run, Luke! Run!
    QUI-GON: Yes, Luke. Get away now!
    MACE: Get your (BLEEP) on board that (BLEEP) ship!
    PADME: Luke Bartholomew Skywalker, this is your mother speaking. You get on board that ship right now, and I'm not kidding! Do you want a time out?

Theoretically, this could go on for quite a while...

Barbecue17, Sarge and Pax Sithus like this.
  6. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014

This made me picture every Jedi killed in the Saga trying to get in on a big group scene. They just keep continuously popping up.and mugging :)

7. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    If they need tips on how to mug for the camera they can probably get them from SE Bobba Fett. Gosh, what a mess.

8. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    No (x) infinity

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    ^^^ This. Mace nor Qui Gon had anything to do with Luke's journey. Who should've been in the ending? Ben Kenobi, Yoda and Anakin Skywalker (Sebastian Shaw Anakin FTW)

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  10. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    It could have worked in theory. Anakin was really only added to assist the bridge between the trilogies. His youthful appearance is due to the fact that that form had been the last time he was a student of the light. Mace and qui gon could have been added and explained away by the overall (and overwhelming) return of the lightside. Since the Sith had been seemingly eliminated I would bet that the living force surged (albiet temporarily) and could have brought back any being strong and skilled enough to project a force ghost. Qui Gon and Mace had certainly been strong enough.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

That's why Lucas said that Qui-gon was not good enough to do it, and that it had to be taught which leaves Mace out.

12. May_The_Force_Be_With_You

May_The_Force_Be_With_You Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2014
    No...just...no. It has meaning with those three because they directly influence Luke to become the man he was. Qui-Gon or Mace had nothing to do with Luke. And saying "Well Qui-Gon set everything in motion...without him then...." By that logic, you might as well include the Jedi that created the "prophecy", Palpatine for being integral in setting everything in motion, and every other Force user that nominally led to Luke...

_Sublime_Skywalker_ likes this.
  13. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    No. I like it as is.

As an aside, my sister and I were watching ROTJ and she suggested that George Lucas should have inserted himself in the scene in a cameo like Alfred Hitchcock used to do. That made me laugh so hard at the time, imagining George there with the other 3.

From my perspective, those 3 were perfect as they were the characters that Luke would want to see at that time. He didn't know Qui-Gon or Mace.

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Does your sister know that he's in ROTS?

[​IMG]

15. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    That's right he did. I had forgotten about that. I will have to mention it to her. I'm surprised one of her boys didn't mention it; they were watching with us and are at that "know it all" stage when it comes to SW - and well everything, lol.

16. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I've never really liked the whole ghosts being at the celebration scene anyway. I think they should've been at the funeral to comfort Luke, but that's just me...

Anyways, no, I don't really see the point of putting Qui-Gon or Mace in ROTJ. As others have stated, they are basically irrelevant to Luke as he doesn't really know them.

However, I am ALL FOR putting Qui-Gon back into Revenge of the Sith. Liam Neeson isn't too old to portray him quite yet. After all, he wasn't a spring chicken in TPM. (but that's besides the point)