main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should have died? (NJO spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Oct 23, 2006.

?

Who should have died? (NJO spoilers)

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Jaina Solo

18.6%
  2. Jacen Solo

52.5%
  3. Anakin Solo

28.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    It's pretty common knowledge that Troy Denning was told to pick a Solo kid and kill him or her. He chose Anakin. Who would you have chosen? Jacen, so we wouldn't have to deal with his whining and evilness? Jaina, because she had too many boyfriends? Or was Anakin the right choice?

Abstaining is not an option. One of them has to die.

2. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    jaina.
    jacen was too cool and anakin had too much potential.
    i figure the only reason jaina wasn't killed off is because they wanted to keep a girl...

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Anakin. He was the only one not essential to the future plot (Jacen goes bad, Jain turns him back, etc).

4. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Anakin. It was such a shock to me as Anakin was the one with the most potential, the most hope for the future. He had the chance to redeem the name he had been burdenend with.

In any case, if Jacen had died they would have sent Anakin off to do all the stuff Jacen did and people would be complaining that Anakin (Warning - Legacy of the Force Spoilers) was becoming a Sith Lord.

5. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Ummm. Anakin was kind of picked by George Lucas. Lucas didn't want the hero of the NJO to be called Anakin because he felt it would be too confusing to fans. Granted he didn't say "Kill Anakin.", but the plans were that one Solo boy would die and the other would be the hero. They wanted the hero to be Anakin originally, but he kind of tied their hands as to which one would die.

My vote was Jacen BTW. Granted he may not have made for the potential stories Jacen has, but he was the better of the two and the galaxy would have been better off with him.

6. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    I chose Anakin. Jacen is just too interesting of a character to be knocked off. It could've been Jaina though, they seem to going nowhere with her character in post-NJO series.

7. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Anakin - but not because I didn't like him. I liked Anakin best, actually. Jaina's okay, though she's had her fair share of annoying moments. Jacen, now. As far as which Solo kid I'd most like to see kick the bucket, it'd totally be Jacen. Traitor was practically the only book from Vector Prime all the way through Bloodlines where I liked the kid.

But from a storytelling point of view, it had to be Anakin. Anakin was the golden boy, the clear cut and practically unanimous choice for the next save-the-day hero, and Star by Star was meant to be the darkest moment for the good guys, where we really started wondering if the Vong could truly be defeated. Coruscant was conquered, and the shining light of the next generation, Luke's obvious successor, was killed. It was beautifully done, really. The simple fact that fans still mourn Anakin and talk of how it should have been Jacen (or sometimes Jaina) is proof enough that Anakin's death accomplished what it was meant to.

8. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    Jaina, in my opinion she was the only Solo child who didn't develop as much of a character.

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I voted for Jacen, because I really hate him. Jaina and Anakin are my favorite characters.

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Jacen, just because he was so lame and wishy-washy imo throughout the NJO until Traitor. I was kinda pissed off that Anakin died, but he went out like a badass, unless Krayt turns out to be him. If so, then sweet, if not, then at least he went out fighting. As far as Jaina goes, I like the fact that she turned to be more of a fighter jock than an on the ground Jedi.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Jacen. It would have broken the whole twin thing and knocked that component out of the mix.

Plus his whole thing about not using the Force was obnoxious.

12. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Jacen cause he whined all the time:p

13. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Anakin was right... it would have been too much for him to turn to the darkside now... one Anakin messing up was enough.

14. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Out of the three I'd lean towards Jaina.

15. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    That depends.

If Anakin's survival would prevent either of the brothers from going to the Dark Side, then Jaina should die.

If one of them will be evil anyway, then Jacen should die and Anakin should fall.

Sith Jacen: DO NOT WANT.
    Dead Anakin: DO NOT WANT.

16. Knightstorme

Knightstorme Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2003
  17. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    Sorry if I'm spamming/trolling or whatever, but what the hell is NJO?

18. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    The New Jedi Order, a series consisting of nineteen books (not counting e-books) and spanning from 25 ABY to 29 ABY. The term can also refer to the era which starts in 25 ABY and continues at least through the Dark Nest trilogy; I'm not sure if the Legacy of the Force series is still counted as being part of the NJO era or not. I get a bit lost with these things sometimes. :p The event referred to in this poll took place in the book Star by Star. :)

19. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The NJO era ends with Dark Nest (in 36 ABY), with the Legacy period begining either directly after it or in 40ABY, and already includes the Legacy of the Force book series and the Legacy comics.

20. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Jaina, she annoyed the hell out of me.

21. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Jaina, she was so annoying throughout NJO.

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Actually, I would have preferred Jacen AND Jaina. But if asked only to pick one, I'd go with Jacen because I have a bad feeling about the Legacy series. :_|

23. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Jacen. I'd rather he die than be what he is now.

24. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
  25. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    I think Anakin was the right choice. Jacen was an interesting character, and it was necisarry to keep Jaina alive so the twin-bond could develop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.