main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should have more coverage ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BaronNoir3, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronNoir3

BaronNoir3 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    (Simple : Say characters or groups you would want(hope, rather) to be more showed in the EU...and also, if you want, characters that could be feeded into reactor cores. Except Jar Jar Binks : he desserves to have a very gruesome, long, and painful death (Maybe suscribing as guinea pig to the test of the Arakyd Interrogations Droids ?)

Me : Bria Tharen and the Mystril
    (Well, it's sure that Bria Tharen got three books, but I always find her very likable, very Earth-like. Her ''death'' (altought, hey, they never found the body...maybe she could get a short story about her detention and execution by the Empire. Grim, but not grimmer than her life...) was even more tragic before complety forgotten : Chewbacca and Anakin got royal treatement from the NR. Even the guy who rammed (in the ROTJ, he rather CRASHED, in my opinion, but...) the Executor, Crynid, got a destroyer named after him...Bria's did not even get a lousy corvette !)
    (For the Mystril, I found them interesting. Better than the Nightsisters. Not hard, granted...)

The character to feed in a reactor core : KYP DURON ! KYP DURON ! And clone him before, to kill him after agsin !

(This is not related to the message up here. If you like Starwars style stuff, the FF Lunenoire project may interest you..)

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Plo Koon needs more coverage. He is supposed to be the Council's best fighter. Well after Windu.

Boba Fett needs more around the NJO. I want some canon stuff about he and his Mandalorians killing Vong. Lots of Vong.

And I would also like to see Kyp killed. Rogue Vong torturing him to death in the Denning trilogy? Or have Boba Fett kill him. He still hates Jedi for Jango's death.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd say Alpha. I'd like to see him included in a couple novels.

4. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    More Rogues and Wraiths. Preferably by Stackpole or Allston. ;)

5. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well, the obvious:

KYLE KATARN!

Plus Pellaeon, Car'das, Padme, POOF!, Koon, Revan, Jolee, Armand Isard, and Riv Shiel.

Oh, and Kyp Durron and Jar Jar Binks. ;)

6. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    By Poof I assume you mean Yarael Poof. If so read Zam Wessel. And I agree Kyle needs more stuff. I was exstatic to see him in tUF.

7. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Well, unfortunately I don't read comics. :( Plus, we still need a book about him, and confirmation that he is darth vader, not anakin.

8. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I'd say focess on the Sith Era characters. For KOTOR, you could have stories about Carth, Revan, Canderous, and Malak in the Mandalore Wars, or some of Jolee's adventures before the 1st Sith War. Also like to see what Nomi and Vima Sunrider are doing during KOTOR.
    Anything Sith Era and not NR or even NJO era would make me happy.

wolf

9. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2004
    My personal favorite idea would be more with Siri Tachi, the character that Jude Watson created for the 'Jedi Apprentice'/'Jedi Quest' series.

Also, I'd like to see more novels focusing on the OTHER Jedi of the Old and New Jedi Order.

10. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    Firke. You should look at your local bookstore. I don't know where you buy books but the comics section is usually about 2 or 3 rows from Star Wars. And the Zam Wessel comic is only 5 or 6 bucks. And it reveals why Poof wasn't in Ep. II. I didn't start on comics until last month. I had caught up with regular novels and there was nothing to waste my paychack on :) But the comics are good. A good recomandation is Twilight for your first.

And yes. I would love a Canderous novel. Maybe they could use one of the 9 old republic novels. Or HK-47: hunting meatbags. Ha. Get Allston to write a novel about HK after KOTOR. As he hunts down targets insulting them before he kills them. That might replace. . . well I can't decide which Allston books is funniest. Solo Command.

11. Yzerman_the_Jedi

Yzerman_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    yes seeing Kyp Killed would make my YEAR [face_devil]

12. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    Yes Kyp must die. But how? It should be very embarrasing. Like Ulic Qel-Droma's. It can't be like Ganner's. That ruined Ganner for me. He was one of the guys I loved to hate. Until the end. Similar to Boromir actually.

13. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    How was Ulic's death embarassing? He still could not touch the Force thanks to Nomi going overboard with the Force blocking technique in TSW. So he could not sense the danger coming his way. Yet he had found redemption, and through his training of Vima he died a Jedi Master.

14. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    More Coverage

Sith Era
    Leia Organa Solo (a novel revolving around her and not the other main characters)
    Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus
    Thrawn's origins
    KOTOR expansion series
    Aayla Secura
    Ki Adi Mundi and the rest of the Jedi Council members

Feed to the Rancors

Jacen Solo
    Gilead Pellaeon

15. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    More coverage of Kyp.

Feed Corran and Mara to the Reactor Core.

Maybe we could have Kyp feed Corran to the Reactor Core.

Long Live Kyp.

16. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    It would be embarissing for Kyo to die like Qel-Droma. Getting shot by a nobody. I liked Qel-Droma's death. It was the best thing Anderson ever wrote. But can you imagine Kyp getting killed by an angry smuggler? Sorry about the confusion.

17. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I, personally, wish to see Kyp live a long life and die in his sleep. I really don't see why people hate him so much. He's MY favourite character.

Dana

18. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    More Kyp...

More Ben! Man, the kid's almost three and he still hasn't said a word. 0.o;
    The Solo twins were talking in sentences when THEY were three...

Fett. I want to know EXACTLY where he was during NJO, not just random "oh yeah, I saw him here, too..." like the ending of TUF.
    His appearance in TUF was the BEST SCENE IN THE BOOK.
    I want to know WHY he wasn't in anything earlier.. :\

and that's all I can think of at the minute.. I'm sure there are other ideas in my head, I just can't seem to remember them... heh

19. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    EUReader, if you want a book about Leia, read Tatooine Ghost. Almost all (or maybe all) of the book is from her POV.

Fett was the mayor of Sernpidal. It took him several years to get out, so that's where he was.

20. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    EUReader, if you want a book about Leia, read Tatooine Ghost. Almost all (or maybe all) of the book is from her POV.

I really enjoyed that book. Also, The Courtship of Princess Leia was another Leia centered novel that I really enjoyed.

21. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I would also like to see more of Han and Leia. I hope in the Post-NJO books they get some romantic private time together. They need it after all they went through. I also like to see more of Luke and Mara, and Jaina and Jag.

I am starting to warm up to Kyp. If he continues his road to redemption, I think he will be a very interesting character in the Post-NJO.

I never want to see Jar Jar Binks ever again, but I do not wish any misfortune on him. I want less coverage of Tahiri.

22. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    A post-NJO novel told through the first-person voice of C3PO.

I agree that a Fett mini-series set during the NJO would be great.

Also cool would be a Jango Fett book, set between eps. 1 and 2.

I also would like to see a mini-series about Sidious and Maul, set maybe 10 yrs before ep. 1.

A Grievous novel will be obligatory after ep. 3.

I definitely would like to read a new Nom Anor novel.

And I'm curious to see what the future holds for Jacen Solo.

23. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    To add to what I have above:

Vader Vader Vader Vader Vader Pellaeon Vader Vader Vader Piett Vader Vader Vader Vader Fel(s) Vader Vader Vader Vader by Stover!

24. Bpfashforever

Bpfashforever Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    C'Baoth, the original
    The Bpfashi Jedi Uprising
    The Outbound Flight Project
    The three combined in a trilogy from Jorus' POV.
    That would rock.

The New and Improved Kyp. He's better than most Jedi.
    Jacen, perhaps, if he had a change of heart.
    Fett, definitely.
    Thrawn, there is never enough of Thrawn.
    The Wraiths.
    And some others who elude me for the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.