Who Should Have Trained Anakin?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthDiabolous, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    And this is where Anakin and the OJO's imcompatability becomes a vicious circle. Anakin was unwilling to tell them the truth, and the OJO sure doesn't seem to have any actually useful advice for someone who isn't like them.

It's a no-win situation for both sides.
  2. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yep, but Yoda's advice was still sound considering what he thought he was being asked about.
  3. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    ..Are you an insomniac or something? Don't see a whole lot of people online at nearly 4 am mountain time :p
  4. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm pacific time and I was having to fix some issues with my computer(ie: I had to reinstall Windows) to see if I would have to buy a new hard drive. I'm willing to stay up late to not spend money. ;) I used TFN to test my connection.
  5. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, that's your own damn fault for owning primitive Windows technology in the first place. :p

But anyway, I think this discussion is sorta going in a circle, kinda like Anakin and the Council.

6. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
  7. vergeten Jedi Knight

Mace Windu should have trained anakin, because Mace also had to control tendency to slip into the dark side way.
  8. Drewton Force Ghost

star 4
    Mace Windu: Cold and not understanding of Anakin, as seen in the ROTS novel.
    Yoda: As seen in ROTS novel, not understanding of Anakin, like Windu. His advice he gave in ROTS was useless for Anakin.
    Obi-Wan: Undertanding of Anakin and a kind teacher, but agreeing with the Council at nearly all times.
    Qui-Gon: Maverick Jedi not always agreeing with the Jedi Council, perfect teacher for Anakin.
  9. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Jinn wouldn't have indulged Anakin's attachments either, and Skywalker would have probably still fallen.
  10. Drewton Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed. Anakin's fall would have happened no matter who trained him, I believe, I just think that Qui-Gon would have been better than any other Jedi to train him.
  11. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Qui Gon or Yoda. The dumb ass still would have fell to the dark side all the same. Anakin wasn't very bright.
  12. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Anakin would've fallen regardless of who trained him. It was his destiny.
  13. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There's no evidence of that and if true, it would completely undermine the theme of choice which runs through the Saga.
  14. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Anakin Skywalker was so conflicted as a youth that his turn was inevitable. There's a concept of destiny even greater than that of choice that permeates the Saga, and this was Anakin's destiny.
  15. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There is, but it's typically a more malleable destiny. You have something you're supposed to do, but can choose not to.
  16. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4

How do you know this? Because Anakin end up as Vader by the OT? What if the reason Anakin ended up as Vader was because Qui-Gon died before he could become Anakin's Jedi Master?

What was the point of Lucas called the Naboo fight between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul "Duel of Fates" in the first place?
  17. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4

,,What was the point of Lucas called the Naboo fight between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul "Duel of Fates" in the first place?,,

Qui and Maul represented Anakins potential future,and Maul won.Thats my take on it.

18. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Of course, in the end Qui-Gon won by transcending death as Anakin later would.
  19. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's the way I always interpreted it. It was a battle between Jedi and Sith, and the Jedi emerged victorious.
  20. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sometimes I feel that the battle between the Jedi and the Sith was irrevelant. I never understood the need for either side to destroy the other.
  21. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    One side wanted to protect the liberties of the Republic, they other sought to control it. That is why it is revelant.
  22. Veloz Force Ghost

star 6
    I agree. Given Anakin's background, and the fact that he arrived to the Temple with a history, he would still be presented with the same choices and he would probably do the same things he did.

23. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yep.
  24. starwarsgeek10595 Jedi Padawan

I believe that Qui-Gon should have trained Anakin because the entire star wars storyboard would be completly diffrent than it is now.
  25. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, as much as I love Qui-Gon, and as much as it's apparent that he was much more experienced than Obi-Wan, I don't think Qui-Gon's teaching would've made much of an impact on Anakin's emotional volatility.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.