main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who Should Have Trained Anakin?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthDiabolous, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    And this is where Anakin and the OJO's imcompatability becomes a vicious circle. Anakin was unwilling to tell them the truth, and the OJO sure doesn't seem to have any actually useful advice for someone who isn't like them.

It's a no-win situation for both sides.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Yep, but Yoda's advice was still sound considering what he thought he was being asked about.

3. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    ..Are you an insomniac or something? Don't see a whole lot of people online at nearly 4 am mountain time :p

4. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm pacific time and I was having to fix some issues with my computer(ie: I had to reinstall Windows) to see if I would have to buy a new hard drive. I'm willing to stay up late to not spend money. ;) I used TFN to test my connection.

5. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, that's your own damn fault for owning primitive Windows technology in the first place. :p

But anyway, I think this discussion is sorta going in a circle, kinda like Anakin and the Council.

6. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
  7. vergeten

vergeten Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2009
    Mace Windu should have trained anakin, because Mace also had to control tendency to slip into the dark side way.

8. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Mace Windu: Cold and not understanding of Anakin, as seen in the ROTS novel.
    Yoda: As seen in ROTS novel, not understanding of Anakin, like Windu. His advice he gave in ROTS was useless for Anakin.
    Obi-Wan: Undertanding of Anakin and a kind teacher, but agreeing with the Council at nearly all times.
    Qui-Gon: Maverick Jedi not always agreeing with the Jedi Council, perfect teacher for Anakin.

9. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Jinn wouldn't have indulged Anakin's attachments either, and Skywalker would have probably still fallen.

10. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Agreed. Anakin's fall would have happened no matter who trained him, I believe, I just think that Qui-Gon would have been better than any other Jedi to train him.

11. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

DARTH-SMELLY-FEET Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2007
    Qui Gon or Yoda. The dumb ass still would have fell to the dark side all the same. Anakin wasn't very bright.

12. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Anakin would've fallen regardless of who trained him. It was his destiny.

13. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    There's no evidence of that and if true, it would completely undermine the theme of choice which runs through the Saga.

14. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Anakin Skywalker was so conflicted as a youth that his turn was inevitable. There's a concept of destiny even greater than that of choice that permeates the Saga, and this was Anakin's destiny.

15. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    There is, but it's typically a more malleable destiny. You have something you're supposed to do, but can choose not to.

16. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

How do you know this? Because Anakin end up as Vader by the OT? What if the reason Anakin ended up as Vader was because Qui-Gon died before he could become Anakin's Jedi Master?

What was the point of Lucas called the Naboo fight between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul "Duel of Fates" in the first place?

17. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008

,,What was the point of Lucas called the Naboo fight between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul "Duel of Fates" in the first place?,,

Qui and Maul represented Anakins potential future,and Maul won.Thats my take on it.

18. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Of course, in the end Qui-Gon won by transcending death as Anakin later would.

19. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    That's the way I always interpreted it. It was a battle between Jedi and Sith, and the Jedi emerged victorious.

20. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Sometimes I feel that the battle between the Jedi and the Sith was irrevelant. I never understood the need for either side to destroy the other.

21. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    One side wanted to protect the liberties of the Republic, they other sought to control it. That is why it is revelant.

22. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I agree. Given Anakin's background, and the fact that he arrived to the Temple with a history, he would still be presented with the same choices and he would probably do the same things he did.

23. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Yep.

24. starwarsgeek10595

starwarsgeek10595 Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2009
    I believe that Qui-Gon should have trained Anakin because the entire star wars storyboard would be completly diffrent than it is now.

25. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Well, as much as I love Qui-Gon, and as much as it's apparent that he was much more experienced than Obi-Wan, I don't think Qui-Gon's teaching would've made much of an impact on Anakin's emotional volatility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.