main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who Should Have Trained Anakin?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthDiabolous, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukelover1222

lukelover1222 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2008
    Well, I really don't believe that anyone could have trained Anakin and that the outcome of the saga would be different. I mean it was Anakin's fault that he married Padme, not Obi-Wan's. The love that Anakin showed for his wife was something he found on his own, not from Obi-Wan's teachings.

Don't get me wrong, I love Anakin to death, but, even if Yoda, Mace Windu or some other Jedi master trained him, I don't think it would have made a difference[face_thinking] ...

That's just my opinion...

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I agree. There were some things that Obi-Wan could have done to temper his fall which he did not, but ultimately, Anakin still would have fallen.

3. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Yoda might've done better. But there were things in Anakin that would have been problematical for any Jedi Master.

4. esahr8

esahr8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2008
    To be honest, I think anybody except Obi-Wan (who was qualified to train of course)

Obi-Wan kind of rushed into it based on a deathbed promise, and since he was barely out of being a Padawan himself, I don't think taking on a headcase, problematic, exception to the normal doctrine was a good idea for either Obi-Wan or Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.