main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should hold the Star Wars Comic licence?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Sep 20, 2001.

?

Who should hold the Star Wars Comic licence?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Leave it at Dark Horse

73.2%
  2. Return it to Marvel

22.0%
  3. Give it to DC Comics

2.4%
  4. Give it to Image

2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
  2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Dark Horse is doing great.

3. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I would like to see Image's take on it, but I do think that DHC is doing a good job.

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I think overall Dark Horse has done a superb job. Sure there've been some duds, and recently there's been some misunderstandings and stuff, but for all that they turn out a huge amount of great stuff. The only thing I'd ask for is more interaction between all the licencees.

5. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    I'd say Dark Horse is still doing a fine job with "Star Wars" related material. Maybe I would've said Image when it was in it's prime. (You know, when Rob Liefeld, Todd McFarlane, and the rest of the rebellious seven started the company.)

6. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I want it for myself.

7. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I say leave it with Dark Horse.

I've enjoyed the Marvels I've read, but some of them were pretty silly. ;)

~*~Bria

8. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Dark Horse is fine, they just need to stop thinking about money, and start thinking about quality story telling. Infinities is nothing but a way to make money.

9. PatJedi82

PatJedi82 Ex-Mod star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 31, 2000
    Back to Marvel because they just got the best writers at the moment. I would love to see Brian Michael Bendis writing a SW Comic.

10. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Give it WaRP Graphics.

11. Mecca-Don

Mecca-Don Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    I wouldn't mind if they did return it to Marvel. Dark Horse has put out some good stuff but they haven't impressed me lately.

12. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I'd leave it with Dark Horse. I don't see any really good reasons not to. Most of the comics have been great and there's only been a couple duds in my opinion (Vader's Quest, Yavin Vassilika) and even the lesser quality ones have still been enjoyable. My only real issue with DH is the Infinities series and label. Dark Horse always pleases and the upcoming arcs (Hyperspace Wars, Starfighter: Crossbones, etc) and one-shots (Jango Fett, Zam Wesell) sound great

13. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Nobody. Get rid of the comics.

14. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Give it to me!!!

15. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    The real issue isn't in whom is holding the license but what they're doing with it. Dark Horse is a good comic book company but they could be doing a lot more to improve the accessibility of the comics to the fans. If it were given back to Marvel I have the feeling they'd water it down too much, Image would hype it up too much.
    Detective Comics is the only other group I would be happy seeing the brand name with should Dark Horse ever give it up, for they're the closest to achieving the story and plot and graphic feel the way it should be done.

16. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Personally I think that dark horse is doing fine, but i would like to see Kevin Smith have a run at writing some comics for star wars

17. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Image is in its prime.
    and please, no Rob Liefield

18. spicelord1

spicelord1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2000
    I think Dark Horse has done a good job with Star Wars so far overall. I enjoyed a lot of the Marvel run but some of the issues were pretty bad (or just had too many cute creatures in them to take the stories seriously)

19. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    My opinion of Dark Horse has increased significantly since their announcement that they have decided to reprint the Marvel run.

It hasn't changed just because they are reprinting it, but also other factors, such as listening to fans, and thinking outside the square... not being tunnel-visioned and looking at other options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.