main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should Luke have married?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sevrance_Tann, Jul 6, 2002.

?

Who should Luke have married?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Mara Jade

44.6%
  2. Callista Ming

4.0%
  3. Gariel Captison

16.8%
  4. Shira Brie

17.8%
  5. Akanah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Someone Else

16.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me_Is_Jade

Me_Is_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2001
    Mara all the way.

This will sound stupid but who's Shira Brie? I've never heard of her...

2. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Gaeriel ALL THE WAY!!! She's the only person I really saw Luke with besides Callista. I could have settled for Callista and even Teneniel. He just doesn't work with Mara. Luke's caring and kind but Mara's just a self b****. Death to Mara Jade!

And whose Shira Brie, Akanah, and Jem Ysanna?

3. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Akanah was some crazy chick who appeared in the Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy and led Luke on a wild goose chase across the galaxy in search for his mother. They sleep together, and Akanah tells him at the end that she lied the whole time.

Worst SW character ever.

I don't know who Shira Brie and Jem Ysanna are, though.

4. steelcat

steelcat Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2002
    Shira Bree was some sort of other Emperor's Hand, I believe. She also tried to kill Luke and failed. I don't know much else about her. I think that Luke should have married someone else, anyone else. But not Callista. Or Gariel. Maybe someone else who came along later.

5. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I just asked the very same question over in the mara jade fan club thread. If you want to head on over there.. http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2366413&page=155

Someone explained it very well for me :)

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Jem Ysanna? [face_laugh]

She was still practically a child! (At least she sounded like one in the full cast audio drama). It wouldn't have worked out.

Gaeriel? I really think this would have been interesting, but I think Kathy Tyers herself said it wouldn't have worked out. Her "religion" was against the what the Jedi were.

Callista? Well, they had a fling and nothing more. She left him because of the Force thing. Doubt it would have worked out, even if they did have a tiny bit of chemistry. Also paid for her *partial* crime of taking a body by losing her ability to use the Force.

Shira Brie? She nearly killed him as her evil Sith Lady side, Lumiya.

Akanah? :mad: EWWWWWWW! She *lied* to him, 'nough said!

Mara Jade? :D hmmmmmmm.....Compliments him perfectly. They work well together and have lasted a lot longer than most of his relationships.

There you have it,folks.

Not sure if "anyone else" would have worked out............ ;)

p.s. whoever said Teneniel Djo.......um, yeah really? someone like her? Isolder married her.....and don't say Kirana Ti - she was already married.

7. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I don't think Mara,Callista, or Shira should have married Luke. Luke should of went for Winter, but thats my opinion.

8. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Anyone but Mara.

9. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    I agree with Aunecah. :)

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Winter was Tycho Chelcu's girl

no comment to the answers above me.

11. I_have_zam_cards

I_have_zam_cards Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    no one he crys to much and complanes.

12. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Mara is the only character that could ever have been with Luke. You know it. I know it. We all know it. Even the Mara "haters" know it. She and Luke are wonderful together. Their marriage was destined to be years before they met. Plus, they're so much fun when they argue! :D

Gaeriel I did not really like. She was too sweet, too serious, too...something. She was boring. [face_plain]

Akhanah was disgusting. She lied to Luke and their relationship led to some of the most disgusting and totally unnecessary scenes in EU. :mad:

And Callista? Come ON, people. Here we are, all arguing that she wasn't right for Luke because she left him, and noone mentions the real reason why she was all wrong for Luke: SHE WAS DEAD. Get it? DEAD.
    And she went into some other woman's body in order to be with Luke. I am amazed how seldom people mention that! I thought it'd be obvious!! [face_shocked]

Who the heck is Shira Brie? :confused:

13. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Nothing against Luke, but I never wanted him to get married. It always seemed odd for me when Luke was in a relationship. And I still find the NJO books odd when he and Mara are married. I don't have anything against Mara, but I always envisioned Luke the perpetual bachelor.

14. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    C'mon, Adi_Gallia, even Jedi Masters need to get it on. :p Though he could still do that as a bachelor.

*Thinks of a Hugh Hefner styled Luke*

[face_laugh]

I voted for Mara, cause she just seems right for Luke. They have a strong bond. And many times, she is Luke's conscience. Some don't like that fact, but when has she ever steered Luke wrong?

15. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

Good one, Jansens_Funny_Twin. That's true. When HAS Mara ever steered Luke wrong?

16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, I want him to marry Kalinda Kenobi (a character I made up ;)), but since she isn't one of the choices ....

Aunecah_Skywalker

17. jedi_j76

jedi_j76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Mara. When I was done HTTE I was saying they were going to get together someday.

18. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    The Wither suggestion was intriguing, but I must say, I will go with the EU on this one. Mara and Luke complete each other, 'nuff said.

Oh, and the people suggesting Leia and Padme, I say this: Ew, Ew, Ew!(Shudders)

19. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I always thought Luke and Mara would get together, but IMO it should have happened earlier, like in the JAT or something.

20. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Um... someone else. I can't see why people think Mara and Luke complement each other. Zahn SCREWED UP! :p

~monogpfm

21. Sreya

Sreya Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Definitely someone else. There really hasn't yet been anyone that really clicks with Luke. Gaeri was definitely the closest. When she showed back up in the Corellian trilogy, I was really hoping... but then she died. :_|

But there really does need to be someone out there that fits Luke's personality.

Sreya

22. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Sreya is correct. Gaeriel was his best chance :(

Who wrote the Corellian Trilogy? I need to know who to write hate mail to :mad: :p

Dude, those books were bad [face_plain]

~monogpfm

23. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I don't want to start a war - but isn't this poll a little redundant? He's happily married to who he is married to.

I honestly don't *know* if Gaeriel would have worked out - would she have been willing to leave Bakura with her daughter and live on Yavin with him? Or vice versa?(meaning Luke move to Bakura).

24. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Picky picky picky [face_plain]

I really like DantanaSkywalker's story about an alternate match for Luke. 'Tis a great fictional achievement :cool:

~monogpfm

25. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    that's only because its a Kyp/Jaina story............... [face_plain]

I stopped reading it because Luke was written out of character and so was Mara.

But this is not the topic for that.

Gaeriel might have worked, but she died.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.