main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who Stayed Spoiler Free?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by James T Kirk, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Ha, that sounds familiar!

I went to see Spectre and then the trailer started and I had to run out with my fingers in my ears and looking away from the screen!

2. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I thought I was spoiler free but I ended up knowing a lot more than I wanted I realized this while watching the film. Did the same thing with episode 1. Next 2 I'm gonna stay off the boards.

3. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I did. This is exceptional for me because I'm usually really bad about this.

The one exception was that I knew that Luke was only in it for thirty seconds. Not my fault though, a girl I know went to a midnight showing and couldn't keep her mouth shut the next day. I was lucky to block my ears before I heard more!

4. DavidWONKenobi

DavidWONKenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2015
    I got off of here for the last 2-3 weeks in hopes of not being spoiled.. I never expected the Han/Ren scene or the Luke ender and both were absolutely wonderful parts of the film. I knew most of the story but seeing it was really nice. I'm thinking Ill go spoiler free on the next 2 though ....

5. Darth Camp

Darth Camp Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I stayed completely spoiler free and am so happy I did. All I did was watch the first two trailers, after that I even began to avoid the TV spots. I highly recommend it for Episode 8.

6. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    People still keep saying they were spoiler-free even though they watched trailers.

solo77 likes this.
  7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I watched the three trailers. This made it more obvious that Han was going to die when he went onto the bridge, as I still knew there was a fight between Finn and Kylo to come. I also saw an official picture of Kylo with his mask off, so I knew it wasn't Luke.

8. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    My philosophy on spoilers is: you can enjoy the film as many times as you want, but you only get to be surprised once.

And for me that surprise came reading a computer screen. Ho hum.

Bobatron and solo77 like this.
  9. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I stayed spoiler free, but that's not to say I didn't stay informed. I watched all the available trailers and TV spots put out by Lucasfilm, and I was even familiar with the characters we'd be seeing. Though needless to say, I still had no idea what I was getting into. I was almost a little upset that the general plot wasn't really laid out.

Boy, was I glad I stayed spoiler free. The whole plot was based around Luke Skywalker being lost, which I would have never saw coming. Overall, I really enjoyed being in the dark and not expecting every twist and turn.

10. Tipoca

Tipoca Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2014
    Spoiler free, didnt even know the movie was coming out. Randomly walked into the theater and saw it.

Frank T., dolphin and James T Kirk like this.
  11. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015

I would have lost my mind.

12. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    99.2% spoiler free. No trailers or ads. I caught a glimpse a few times of promotional materials in stores so I knew what Kylo's mask looked like, that's about it.

What is funny is how little it mattered. With the PT, by a month or so prior to each film we pretty much knew everything. With this one, from what I am gathering very little was known.

13. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    For the most part I was spoiler free. I didn't watch any of the trailers.

14. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I saw all the trailers and some TV spots, looked at some of those production spy shots of the Trooper helmet, Greenham Common, Puzzlewood etc and watched the Celebration interviews with the new cast etc. Nothing at all that spoiled the storyline or ruined any nice or nasty surprises.

Before I saw it I just knew, who the goodies were, who the baddies were, that some familiar faces would be in it, and that it felt like ...Star Wars.

15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I was spoiler free , but yeah I'd have liked to have known more going in , used to be that the publicity would tell you who the characters are as of the start of the story and what the basic situation is just to get you up to speed , but now the actors just won't say anything , like everythings a big secret .

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I had a couple things spoiled, but mostly spoiler free!!:cool:

17. DjangoKet

DjangoKet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 15, 2015
    Relatively spoiler free, and pleased about it. I remember taking the opposite approach to RotS because i was so excited and it ruined the film for me a little because i knew everything that was going to happen and in what order etc.I saw a trailer and a teaser - i knew the names Kylo Ren, BB8, Poe, Rey and Finn. It was nice going into the cinema wondering how it would all fit together, what had happened since the Battle of Endor, how these new characters would cross paths with the old familiar favourites and then seeing it all unfold before your eyes.
    At the same time i felt a sense of relief after watching because i no longer had to censor my own browsing which i had been doing for some time. It was definitely worth it.
    I heard a couple of wild rumours turned out to be as BS as i suspected/hoped.
    I would take the same approach for 8 and 9 as there are likely to be some big reveals/deaths/twists that one might predict, but still wants that confirmation to be on the big screen, not on some buzzfeed article or wherever the kids are spoiling **** these days.
    I think the de-canonizing of the EU blew the potential story options for this wide open, which really drove me to know as little as i could bare before entering the cinema.
    Thank you Star Wars ^:)^

Green Gogol likes this.
  18. KalThor

KalThor Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015

Me and my friend did

19. avasatu

avasatu Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    I knew nothing more than what the trailer told me going in, and I'm so very grateful for that.

Green Gogol likes this.
  20. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I did!!

...Until Friday. I wasn't able to see it on Thursday like I usually do. I couldn't help it. I gave in. But it wasn't anything that I didn't already feel 99% confident about.

21. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    I was almost completely spoiled and though I really enjoyed the movie, I wonder how I would have reacted to stuff going in not knowing.

In particular the last two days I was just terrible...reading stuff from people who had seen the movie. Like...I knew about specific lines and character reveals...killed me. I kinda really hated knowing about Rey grabbing the saber.

22. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    My son. :D

And he says it is his favorite SW Ep. (it worked)

23. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015

ME TOO! I briefly had come across someone saying she beat Kylo. And it just.. it set off something in me. I was looking for everything possible! Lol. I wish I would've just waited and formed my own opinion the first time. Again, didn't ruin it. But I was like a junkie..I couldn't help it.

24. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I unfollowed Entertainment Weekly and Cinema Blend on Friday, I didn't want any spoilers. I stayed pretty spoiler free, like I said before I didn't see much but remembered I did see an article on Admiral Ackbar, I had forgotten about it though by the time I saw it since it was kind of a nothing article.

25. OZQUAD44

OZQUAD44 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    I was pretty cool about the whole thing, and only watched a few trailers during the year. I had even planned to watch the movie about a week after it was released to miss the crowds, but as soon as I read the non spoiler reviews i couldn't get to the theatre quick enough. I've seen it twice now and will probably watch it one more time in 3D before it leaves the theatres.

I had no idea Han was going to bite the dust, but it was telegraphed in the movie so it came as no surprise. But it was a twist plot I wasn't even considering when I went in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.