main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

who survives NJO and why?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by killfire, Mar 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Jaina Solo - They wouldn't kill all Solo kids
    Jag Fel - The new non-Jedi hero
    Kyp Durron - wasn't alllowed to die in SbS

I guess these three are supposed to be the next Luke,Han,Leia

Danni Quee - a Del Rey creation that doesn't get killed in the book he/she is created in is very strong indeed

Mara Jade, Han Solo too many fans

Nen Yim - Shaper babe rules

Boba Fett - will bring Han the head of Non Amor in HC5 as a revenge souvenir for Anakin,
    then they both lift off in the Falcon to kick some Chiss butt

Daala, Callista, Dash Rendar, Kyle Katarn - because they don't appear

2. solostarlite

solostarlite Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    I dunno about that, killfire. Seems to me like these NJO writers are just going around killing people that they think we think won't be killed (Anakin, Chewie ...). And it goes with the whole "realism" thing.

3. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    kyp will die. hopefully. but he will die.

edit: and why would they be the new Han, Luke, and Leia when we have the old ones still?

4. doctordrinkalot

doctordrinkalot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
    they way things are going no one will survive and every book another likeable character will die. Luke will be the only survivor when the dust settles, because c'mon, you can't kill Luke, right?

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Most Jedi's will die, so if you have a up and coming favorite(mines Telki), don't get to attached.

6. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Jaina Solo - They wouldn't kill all Solo kids
    Jag Fel - The new non-Jedi hero
    Kyp Durron - wasn't alllowed to die in SbS

I don't know about any of these guys. They didn't let him die in SbS because they had plans for him in DJ and probably beyond. I don't think anyone's really safe in Book 5...

I guess these three are supposed to be the next Luke,Han,Leia

I doubt it. I doubt they're going to kill off Jacen, Danni, Ben, Luke, Mara, Han, Leia or some others.

7. solostarlite

solostarlite Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    Exactly my point - soon as you get "attatched" to a character, you lose him/her. Except for Luke, Leia, and Han, of course.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    No I think we will see at least 1 Major, major character die...

9. HotsForTahiri77

HotsForTahiri77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    I dont think there will be more major character deaths, the worst is over

10. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    CORRAN!!!!! why: Cos I want him to! :)

I think Luke will die at the end of HC5, he will do something along the lines of Vader... or Vergere will. :)

Then again, Vergere needs to survive cos she can then teach the NJO in the ways of the OJO! :)

11. Qwert_Squadron

Qwert_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    gee i hope i can survive throug NJO. with all these people dying, i dont fell safe.

other than me, Jacen, and only Jacen will survive...wow, a whole galaxy to hisself...

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    If Jaina, Jag, and Kyp are the next Han, Luke and Leia would you say that Jaina would be the next Han as her relationship with Jag or Jag would be Han because he is force blind? Or would Jaina be Luke and make the Kyp and Jag= Han and Leia thing a little creepy? :eek: Oh, and on topic: I think that Ben, Jaina,(or Jacen), R2-D2 and C-3PO are the only safe people in the whole series. I see Kyp dieing in HC5 in a very :[face_sigh]: heroic death alongside Luke right after they mend their differences.

13. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    I don't think they'll kill anymore of the Solo kids cuase that would be nasty to old Han who's suffered enough. I don't think they will kill Leia, Han, or Ben either. Kyp will probably die and so will Corran. Nom Anor will probably escape death, because that's what he's best at. Vergere will survive too. I hope Viqi Shesh and Tsavong Lah don't survive. Either Mara or Luke is going to die in HC5. But as for everyone else, who knows?

14. killfire

Jan 6, 2001
    About Jaina, Jag and Kyp.

Jag would be Han. Great pilot, doesn't have force abilities, and a dubious background.

Jaina would be Leia with less politics and more battles (easier to write about, more interesting).

Kyp will take Luke's place, but actually be a Darth Vader who survived. From good kid to bad guy to good again.

Jaina will fall in love with Jag, but they won't marry for a long time because of his duties to the Thrwan phalanx. And Jaina will also develop a spiritual realtionship to Kyp, because they are very similiar.

15. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Does everyone in generation 2 have to be the next "somebody"??? Can't they just be themselves, so we get more unique characters? Please?

16. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    It's the only way Kyp'll make it, so I'm all for it :)

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I think Corran will survive. He is virtually Superman, right? And the Yuuzhan Vong can't defeat Superman!

Unfortunately, I think Kyp will die. Del Rey set us up by making us fond of Anakin--by developing him for us.
    Now Kyp is the one being developed--albeit, slowly.
    Something's coming. Something big, possibly. And I have a premonintion that it'll include Kyp Durron's acquaintance with fate.

As for Luke Skywalker: I think he will survive.

18. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    DelRey would never kill Luke Skywalker. That would be reserved for GL if he ever chose to do so. I think that Kyp will die. I don't want Kyp to die but it looks inevitable. I have my fingers crossed just in case I'm wrong. If he does die, I hope he does so in a heroes way. I hope all of the Jedi shed a tear for him. I want Corran Horn to do his ulogy. Too much? Where did I put my medication? 8-}

19. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I dont care who dies, as long as Kyp makes it to HC5 -- and beyond ! :::crosses fingers::: :D

20. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    thats a good one, Tsavong Lah versus Superman, who will win?
    anyway, to the point, i think the third, and final, character who will die is han aboard the falcon in hard cover five. my reasoning is that if someone dies in book one, and someone dies in book nine, then thats like one person dying every eight or nine books, so eight or nine books later when hard cover five comes out, will be the last death. and you know that han will be up there in that big climactic final space battle in the falcon, where he will then go out in a blaze of glory, saving the galaxy one last time, either directly or indirectly causing the battle, and thus the war, to turn in the tide of the NR. the only problem is that he would probably have at least one other person aboard working a quad cannon. probably a copilot for such a big battle he'll need all of the help he can get; maybe another person on the second gun. that causes a problem as to either A-who will be those other 1 or 3 people who die, B-if they dont die, how do they get out?

21. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Superman, it's not like Tsavong can shoot fricking laser beams from his eyes. ;)

22. Jedi Novaga Sage

Jedi Novaga Sage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 1999
    come again pal, major + minor characters are dying all the time. Jedi are the most endangered. U mind as well put a target on their heads..wait thats already there.
    I liked the Barabel hatchmates in SBS, they were funny as hell. I was sad to see Bela and Krasov go.
    Sooner orl ater Kyp may die. Maybe but not really. The EU has a way of being a prick lately. Chewie, Elegos, various Jedi, and Anakin have really got to have u on ur toes whose next.
    The main three probably wont go, HAn Luke or Leia. Out of all of them, maybe Luke. After that, its anyones guess.

23. Padawan Coalesce

Padawan Coalesce Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    B-if they dont die, how do they get out?

"Sir, the ship's log shows some escape pods were jettisoned shortly after take-off."

24. killfire

Jan 6, 2001
    It will be Han flying, co-piloted by Lando, and Boba Fett at the guns. It can't be Leia, because she got killed by Luke in the twin battle in Destiny's Road. And it can't be Luke, because he got vice versa killed by Leia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.