main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who takes over the galaxy now?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mute90, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mute90

mute90 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2012
    The First Order destroyed the New Republic Senate and all planets in that system. The plan was then to destroy the Resistance. Every system left would be overtaken by the First Order. Problem: The resistance is still around. Not only that but the First Order's game-changing weapon is gone and, from the looks of it, a dent was probably made in the officers/stormtroopers. They wouldn't have the military power they had at the beginning of their plan and their plan was to take over by force.

The Resistance doesn't seem to have the military or political power though. If you believe Hux, the public didn't even know the New Republic was supporting the Resistance. In their eyes, there's no connection. They're just a rogue group.

So, who takes control? Does the galaxy go on with no central power? Do planets flock to opposing sides and there's another galactic civil war? (The third one in what? About 70 years?)

2. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    The SW galaxy has become a galactic Syria/Somalia/Nigeria after the events of TFA. A free-for-all.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  3. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    What I'd like to see explored within Cannon is how the Resistance broke off from the New Republic. As for who's in charge now, I think it's a free for-all, maybe systems going their own way under a local warlord or governor.

4. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I wouldn't mind seeing some other factions (like the Black Sun) rise to power. Some join up with the First order, some join the resistance. Could be cool.

5. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    Having this question after seeing the movie is actually an issue I have with the film. You could assume the First Order outside of Snoke was annihilated. You could assume the resistance is only 7 X-wings and the Millenium Falcon after the Republic and the Fleet were destroyed.

The Galaxy is now demilitarized.

6. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Planet States, they govern themselves. The First Order took a blow but Snoke does not strike me as someone who would put all his eggs in one basket on the station. The Resistance is a lot weaker. I would assume that both sides are sending representatives to other planets and systems for support, or in TFO case taking over planets by force, behind the scenes of the movie.

7. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Disagree. He has a mobile command center so as not to be detected. He's crafty enough to get Senators to sign a treaty ending the war. I don't think he'd put all his eggs in one basket. He doesn't seem disturbed at all the thr loss of SKB and failing to destroy the Resistance HQ. He also senses Ten lostvjust as Palpatine sensed Vaser was in trouble.

8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

No one right now post-TFA. It's at this moment a non-polar world. There is no cold war bi-polar or even multi-polar.

The republic appears to be decimated for the time being. The FO suffered a huge setback. The resistance is kinda small and underfunded to begging with.

I don't see anyone dominating or being a galactic hegemon right now.

It's chaos! Chaos I say!

9. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Did the Resistance actually break away from the New Republic? I thought it was an agreement between the two that they fight the First Order??

10. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Well, the series is called "Star Wars". There kind of has to be a war in there somewhere.

11. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    TBH, I don't know. I read something on here that gave me that impression. I could be wrong though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.