DFW, TX Who the biggest geek / fanboy / toy freak?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by THX_Jedi, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Who spent the most money during their initial midnight AOTC shopping? Not including stuff found before April 23 12:00am?

My total was: $208.56

I know this wasn't the top. Someone had to beat this. ;)

:cool:
  2. stone Jedi Knight

star 2
  3. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone was looking for that one.

Good luck finding it.

It says Obi's saber is supposed to be out, But I didnt see one AGAIN!!
  4. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Got a Saesee Tinn. :D

Did anyone get a Dooku? Not the deluxe one, but on a regular card.

Supposedly the Obi saber and the 12 inch Mace Windu were supposed to come out tonight too, but no luck anywhere. :(

Hasbro is bad.
  5. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmm... seems like there's already another thread for this. LOL!

Thank gosh super-nitpicker admin Darth Sapient doesn't patrol our boards. He'd lock so many redundant threads here that the "locked topic" icons would be smoking...
  6. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I spent about $230 last night. Oye. A little more than I wanted to, but it was actually a lot of fun. :D
  7. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Yeah, everyone was fairly good-natured, but one guy ineptly raided another fanboy's shopping cart, and things almost got ugly at the Wal-Mart on 635 & MacArthur...

I was only 3% over budget, spending $103. And most of that was birthday money [face_laugh]
  8. tymbo1s Jedi Padawan

Okay, I geuss Im the biggest freak/fan/insane person so far. Im up to $640.00 on Episode II merchandise. But I did save $1000 so Im still good to go!!! I could not find a 12 inch Mace Windu or a Mace Windu action figure ??? Any luck anyone ???
  9. super_hyper_melanie Jedi Knight

star 1
    grrrr....i hate being such a poor little girl.
  10. DarthCynthia Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm with you at the moment, Melanie.. gotta watch the fund$, *sighs*... I'll make up for it soon enough, I'm sure... LOL! I think I need to buy a few more shelves before I buy anymore figures tho', so it's probably for the best for me right now :D
  11. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Master

star 4
    I found a Mace with break apart Battle Droid... but I couldnt afford it, so I let Jeff buy it, :p

Hoping for better funds next time I go shopping! :)
  12. Marababe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey ya! I heard on the radio today that K-mart will be having a big AOTC sale coming soon. Something about it's going to help them with their bankrupt problems. Now I'm a big fan and would love to buy out the store, but I've had some money woes lately that have just about bankrupt me!!! :( Last Sat. I was in Target and pick up a lego set for $6. And thats about it for me. :)

BEV
  13. super_hyper_melanie Jedi Knight

star 1
    well it's nice to know that i'm not alone Cynthia...you need to buy more shelves to eh? shoot i need more shelves, but i don't have anywhere to put them, i've already had to pack away about a good 2-3 Avon boxes full of toys (not just star wars but some star wars)...though when you have to pack away things it's nice to have a mother who sells Avon and has nothing to do with the boxes.
  14. DarthCynthia Jedi Master

star 2
    Hahah!! Yes, that is handy :D Fortunately I do have a *little* more room for a shelf or two (not much, tho'.. already have one 6ft table and three large shelves)... I don't have any of my SW stuff packed away, but sadly I had to pack away all my hockey memorabilia. Actually... it's just that when I moved, I knew I would be getting a lot more SW stuff so I decided to keep my hockey stuff packed. I'm looking forward to the day I can unpack all of it tho'. My collections are limited to just one small room at the moment - my bedroom to be exact - and it would be nice to have a bed someday :p LMAO! (Yes, I sleep on the floor at the moment - no, I didn't plan it that way.. just worked out that way and we haven't gotten a bed in a few years. I'm ready for one, tho'.. heheheh!). Anyway, I'd love to get rid of the big table and use shelves, but I'm glad it's there... about a year ago the neighbor had a flood in her townhome and it flooded into my room! Almost got halfway across to the other wall where the big shelves are. Fortunately nothing was damaged but had it been shelving over there I'd have lost shelves and stuff :( So needless to say I'm paranoid about that happening again (apparently it's happened more than once).

I do have a few things I'm not sure would fit on a shelf very well... my 12" Kaadu, my Royal Guard helmet (which I'd rather put on a mannequin someday anyway), my xwing and Millenium Falcon. Before I "upgrade" to shelving for those, I'm going to doublecheck it.. might be better to just put the 12" figures (which I need stands for) on shelves and keep the big items on the table.

Heheheh.. JediLona's seen my room - fortunately not much more has been added since the last time you've seen it, hon! (except for the great stuff you've sent me! :D Btw.. I finally broke down and took the pens, pencils and highlighter out of their packages.. LOL.
  15. jedilona Jedi Master

star 4
    Ha Ha!!!
    You broke down and opened them..lalalala
    I knew you couldn't resist ;)
  16. super_hyper_melanie Jedi Knight

star 1
    i still curse myself for moving out of my old room, since i'm still living at home and stuff...both of my brothers went off to the marines when i was about 12 so i switched rooms and of course this was before i started my huge star wars toy collecting craze (my toy collecting craze in general)...i now curse myself cause my old room has some very nice built in shelves...about 3 nice larger ones and 6 smaller ones and there's still room in which i could have put another shelf like one of the ones i have in my room....see of course my toys are all on the shelves but i've also got a tv, books, movies and other stuff on those shelves as well, so they take away more space to put toys.
  17. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    Wow (at some of those dollar figures)!
    Maybe its a result of my deprived childhood where every freaking kid on the block had many more SW toys than I but I just don't have the toy buying gene.
    At the theater, however, I'll make up for any toy savings :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.