main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who the hell eats a pear with a fork and knife?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Trump, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NtriusBIL

NtriusBIL Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2004
    ObiwanJohn, can you please explain to me and my band of cavemen how eating a piece of fruit while holding it in my hand is disrespectful to myself and those around me?

That might be the most insane thing I've ever heard in my life.

Should I shine up my driveway with pledge before my guests park their car there? I'd hate to inadvertantly show disdain for their tires and shoes...

2. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    In response to your rather infantile and sarcastic question, go look up etiquette and manners. Emily Post has a lot of books about that. And yes, if you eat sloppily it is a sign of a lack of respect for youself and your peers.

3. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    ObiwanJohn:

"I was waiting for that comparison as it's the easiest and most unoriginal one to use."

Well, my apologies Mr. High and mighty for dissapointing you. :p Come on ObiwanJohn, why make a statement then, that so easily is countered with simple knowledge?

"The difference between us and Chimps and using utensils is they use a stick not actual manufactured tools. As soon as the first human figured out a pointy stick could be a tool, he started figureing out how to improve it. The chimp just moves on to the next stick. Also, normal humans don't drink thier own pee. I say again, normal humans."

Yes, we do manufacture our own tools, and many other things. I also find it curious that you knew the first human. :confused: :p Yes, you have a good point about the evolution of the human brain and civilization. I do understand where you're coming from... Except on the drinking of pee issue. I was aware of this, and am puzzled as to where that came from. :confused:

"The can't write and will never develop in that direction. They will also never figure out complicated languages such as Binary, Basic, or Pascal to mention a few."

No they can't write. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, I do believe that gorillas and other spieces have been able to understand words and symbols ect. I know they don't know the whole complications of a language but stop acting like they're as dull as rocks in comparrison to the human race. Many animals themselves have communication that we don't understand.

"No I don't eat pears like this. I don't eat pears. However I do cut my apples, use a knife to peel my oranges and other citrus fruits, and I very rarely eat with my hands. So I do follow my own rules."

Yes, I use a knife to cut my fruit. But do you use a knife and fork to eat your fruit in such a way that mimicks Padmé in AOTC? Ok, so you're not big on eating with your hands, that's fine. But it's also fine when people do. In fact they even have a WHOLE category of food where you do so! They're called "finger foods". I invite you to break out of your shell and try them some time. :p

Don't take any of this too seriously ObiwanJohn. In the words of Han, "Don't get excited!". ;) Besides which I don't want to upset you, just realize that to many, Pamdé eating her pear in such a way isn't how most people do it. And also to watch your human superiority kick there... Who knows, Koko the gorilla might be plotting against you as we speak! [face_plain]

NtriusBIL, I hear ya. ;) LOL.

-~Dormé~-

4. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "I also find it curious that you knew the first human."
    I don't and never said I did. However, anthropologists(sp)have studied this and it is the accepted fact about this part of human evolution.

"Except on the drinking of pee issue. I was aware of this, and am puzzled as to where that came from."

Chimpanzees drink thier own pee. I've seen it on the Discovery channel. That part was mostly a joke, mostly.

"No they can't write. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, I do believe that gorillas and other spieces have been able to understand words and symbols ect. "

Taught by humans. They didn't figure it out by themselves.

"Many animals themselves have communication that we don't understand. "

True but they can't write them down. Humans 3 Animals 0

"But do you use a knife and fork to eat your fruit in such a way that mimicks Padmé in AOTC?"

No I don't eat CGI fruit. :D

"fact they even have a WHOLE category of food where you do so! They're called "finger foods". "

I know. And to properly eat them they also have finger bowls, little bowls of water, on the table with which to rinse your fingers showing proper respect to your host.

"And also to watch your human superiority kick there... Who knows, Koko the gorilla might be plotting against you as we speak! "

Humans are superior to Gorillas. I should be proud of my race. We are on the top of the food chain. When was the last time Koko made an ashtray out of a human hand?

5. Stikil

Stikil Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2004
    The HuttSlut makes absolutley no sense. WETA better than ILM? Most of WETA are former ILM employess.

The amount of awful cgi shots in the lotr is staggering.

I know I shouldn't rise to the bait, but name one, please.

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    If you can figure out how to relate ILM vs. WETA to the debate about Padme's character and how she eats, then be my guest. Otherwise, this is not the place.

Many thanks.

Rick McCallum loves you!

7. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Who the hell eats a pear with a fork and knife?

Why do you even care? ?[face_plain]

8. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    As a pretty rabid fan, i often am in the position of having to defend some pretty odd things that pop up in the films. The pear thing was one of them

It's not so noticible on DVD, but if you saw ATOC on the big screen, watch the part where Padme just kind of opens her mouth like Pac-Man and the hunk of fruit just falls in. Whoo-boy, im still trying to fend off comments from my friends about that one. Still, I chuckle every time that part comes up though.

9. GrandTheftWatto

GrandTheftWatto Jedi Master star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    Makes you wonder what was in Yoda's stew

Rootleaf, according to the script.

LOL!

ONLY in this forum...

10. LightBird51

LightBird51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Well, Anakin was using the knife and fork out of respect for Padme, wanting to offer the fruit and yet not get his fingers on it. Padme used a fork because she's a properly raised lady of Naboo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.