main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who thinks Sidous will have Maul kill Ahsoka?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sith_Kingpin, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Kingpin

Sith_Kingpin Jedi Padawan

Feb 4, 2013
    It seems Sidious doesn't like Ahsoka too much, and it's the perfect opportunity to turn Anakin further down the Dark Side. If Maul kills Ahsoka, Anakin will hunt him down in vengeance and slaughter him without adhering to the tenets of the Jedi Code.

For me, it seems likely that 1 or both of Maul + Ahsoka need to die for continuity. So, I'm betting both will die and Sidous will be the puppet master behind it as usual. If events go according to plan, it will explain a lot about ROTS and also it matches Anakin's personality. The seeds of the Dark Side are slowly sprouting in him even during the Clone Wars.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I like the idea. I'm not sure TCW will go that route, though or that Maul is capable of taking Ahsoka out - remember, she's got more skill than masters twice her age.

3. Sith_Kingpin

Feb 4, 2013
    Ahsoka is skilled for her age don't get me wrong, but I think Maul may be a hurdle too many for her. He is a former Sith Lord and has trained under Darth Sidous, so I'd go with Maul on a one vs one against Ahsoka. Then again, we don't know what Palpatine's reasons are for keeping Maul alive. For all we know, Dooku could end up killing Maul if he finds out he's alive. Now, Maul doesn't stand a chance against Dooku as he's an expert with a lightsaber, and would just zap Maul with Force Lightning as well.

4. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    [face_laugh]

:_|

5. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Nah, otherwise Anakin has killed every Sith, I'd rather Bane did it.

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Hmm, that's interesting. Bane.

Or Hondo? Hah, I'd laugh my head off at that while applauding.

Sitara and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I prefer Dooku avenge for his padawan.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Sidious having Maul kill Ahsoka is an interesting possibility I hadn't considered, but I definitely wouldn't want it resulting in Anakin finding out and killing Darth Maul with the dark side. That seems relevant enough to Ep. III to be really awkward not to get mentioned. Now, if Maul kills her and Anakin doesn't know what became of her because of how crafty Sidious is, or Sidious sets it up to make it seem like the Jedi Council is playing him about it (they already lied about Obi-Wan's death!), that has tons of potential.

Sitara, Valairy Scot and Seerow like this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wolffe is gonna shoot Ashoka, that's what I think will happen. I don't really have a preference for what they actually do with Ahsoka as long as its good, it resolves stuff for ROTS, and maybe given adds something to Anakin (maybe the saga as a whole).

10. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I totally think Sidious will have Maul kill Asoka as a test for Anakin.

11. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Maul was cut in half the first time he fought a Jedi Padowan. Like Vader in the OT he's half the Sith he used to be and he seemed to break a sweat killing Viszla, so I'm not sure he should be depicted as strong enough to kill Ahsoka.

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think Darth Maul broke a sweat in defeating Vizsla, he was avoiding using the Force in any overt way to make the victory seem more credible.

SithLord_1270, Sitara and Seerow like this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Even better, Anakin resents the Council for not supporting Obi-Wan's trip to Mandalore and resents Obi-Wan for "once again not taking care of business" leaving Maul madder than ever and free to slay his padawan.

SithLordDarthRichie and Seerow like this.
  14. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I still think Dooku is the best choice to kill Maul.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh no, its all gonna be Obi-wan fault, every last damn thing...

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    One more reason to send him fleeing to Tatooine - it's for all these selfish reasons of wanting to flee his guilt, not the voiced reason of watching over Anakin's son.

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That'll be the excuse, his intention was clearly to live under a rock to flee his guilt over how he is one of the biggest screw ups in galactic history. Harsh. =b

18. Sith_Kingpin

Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, Ahsoka has to die IMO, to tie up loose ends. If she survives, many fans will be happy, but I'll be confused as there's no mention of her in ROTS. Anyway, it will all be resolved soon as I cant see TCW going past 7 seasons if I'm being honest. They've got to start closing in to just before ROTS very soon.

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Uh, anyone care to explain what "=b" means in net-speak? I'm not fluent in that language. :p

20. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I believe it's some weird way to do :p, which is :p
    Ok some weird way to do : p
    Never knew that worked now

21. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Well it's not just Lucasfilms decision anymore, Disney has a say in it now as well. What if some Disney higher up's young granddaughter is a fan of Ashoka? I am not kidding, these things have a big effect. The only reason Harry Potter, a world changing phenomenon, ever saw print was because a little girl enjoyed the first chapter and wanted more, resulting in the first novel being published!

Still, with all they have invested in the character, maybe she will survive the show and end up in the Underworld tv show, or whatever tv show is produced? Even with the new movies coming out now I think a tv show has a good chance of being made, especially an HBO style 8-10 episodes/season show because unlike the movies the tv show can use the movie actors/characters (i.e. Vader, Obi Wan, Sidious, Tarkin, Boba Fett, etc etc) That alone is a huge draw.

While true the actors of these characters will demand huge salaries, but Disney and Lucasfilm are crazy about making the new trilogy, esp EP7 a huge success, as there is an incredible amount of money for the companies and the people heading them to be made, and a lot of it depends on how good EP7 is. But just in case it is a flop, they will want a possible tv show with movie characters as a backup to milk something from the brand

Ashoka represents a character that has already become beloved in the minds of children under 10 who watch the show...and whoever is hired as an actor for her will be fresh and will demand a meager salary (comparatively) and thus the payoff/net worth is much larger.

Again, I know this may sound ridiculous to many of you, but these things matter, especially now that the brand is owned by a public limited company with shareholding, instead of a one man show run by the creator of the brand who may love money certainly, but who also cared about the characters and the story at least to some extent.

Note: For myself I could care less about the character. I wish she had never been introduced, since we never hear about Anakin's padawan anywhere in the movies (since ofcourse, she didn't exist in SW history at the time of the movies) and now whether she lives, dies, turns Sith, it will have a huge impact on Anakin's psyche and propel him to the Dark Side. He will no longer be 'seduced by the Dark Side', if ever he was, but rather thrust into it with a massive Force Push! :p

22. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    No.

Sudooku likes this.
  23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I can accept Ahsoka continuing only in a certain sense: she is written out of Anakin's life (believably) prior to ROTS in a way that makes sense to his characterization in ROTS. I agree, she is highly marketable so her "death" is far from likely.

I am not happy with the apparent retcon of so many survivors of Order 66, though. Sure, I grant Yoda may have been wrong about he and Obi-Wan being the last of the Jedi, but it seems the count is way over a 100 or so. It's getting ridiculous to have all these survivors.

Therefore, for me, Ahsoka presents two problems: 1. relating to Anakin in ROTS and 2. Post-ROTS survivors.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  25. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Anakin or Obi-Wan should kill Maul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.