main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who thinks Sidous will have Maul kill Ahsoka?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sith_Kingpin, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Dude, Obi-Wan was a 25 year old Padawan. Ahsoka is, what, a 15 year old? Obi-Wan at his age was a step away from being knighted. Ahsoka on the other hand couldn't even shine Obi-Wan shoes, let alone survive a duel with Darth Maul.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    or both just double team him :p

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    That's a slash fic waiting to happen.

cwustudent and Darth Vader like this.
  4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh by the living Force, a poster after my own heart.

Unfortunately, it seems TCW puts Ahsoka on par with Obi-Wan (well, Obi-Wan holds the edge in sarcasm) and may even fasttrack her to knight. She's that, um, mature, capable, skilled, wise and worthy.

Sitara likes this.
  5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Oh hell no. Maul and Ahsoka don't need to cross.

Sitara and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Not really, Grievous very nearly killed Ahsoka in "A Necessary Bond". Ahsoka is very skilled against regular troops (she has the Force, after all), but against other lightsaber wielders, she's generally on the losing side.

As someone who is a big Ahsoka fan, I don't think she'd stand a chance against Maul.

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Not if she's ever set against Obi-Wan (say a mock duel with sabers) or battle of wits. Mark my words.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    But Ahsoka hasn't even realised her final form yet.

Just you wait. Heads will roll.

Sitara likes this.
  9. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Maybe she can defeat Dooku, making him even more silly taking on Anakin.
    Maybe he'll be beating Anakin then Ahsoka appears and saves him, prompting Dooku to compliment Ahsoka like he does Obi Wan.

10. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I'm really interested in seeing what they end up doing with Ahsoka (as that is really the main plot point of the entire show). Whatever they end up doing I'm sure they will give her a heroic death (and I really don't think they would do anything that might harm her reputation towards young fans (such as turning her to the darskide or putting her at odds with Obi Wan and Anakin)).

One thing I am hoping though is that season 6 will be the final season. Some younger fans might watch the show because they really like the characters that have been introduced in the series but most older fans I believe watch it just to see what happens to everyone. And I think it is time they start wrapping stuff up.

11. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Didn't intend to say that Ahsoka is so powerful, just saying that Maul shouldn't be as tough as he was in TPM and he was beaten by a Padowan then. I didn't know how old Obi Wan was in TPM vs Ahsoka now, that is a notable difference. If Ahsoka must die (as opposed to disappearing on some kind of outbound flight, carbon freezing or retirement situation) having Maul kill her seems a particularly lame way to do it. I think I object to a resurrected character having that much impact. On the other hand, it does solve the continuity/tone problems you get if one of the other major villains kill her. If Grievous kills her, it would seem odd that Anakin jokes with him in ROTS. If Sidious kills her it would complicate Anakin's turn, making him look like even more of an idiot for choosing him over Mace. If Dooku kills her it almost works but it would seem strange that Palpatine mentions revenge over the loss of his arm instead of his apprentice.

12. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Hmm, using Maul to try and draw Anakin closer to the dark side. Interesting...

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maul would know a think or two about cheating death apparently.

14. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Yep. Obi Wan was mid twenties in the Phantom Menance (he is late thirties in ROTS). Whatever happens to Ahsoka I don't believe her fate will be known until the end of the series (probably a good chance it will be the very last episode). I'm not sure she will be purposely killed by anyone. I bet it is more likely that she will be killed (if she is intended to die) in an attempt to save someone. If she does die I am almost certain they will give her a heroic death and won't just make her another one of Sidious' plot points to turn Anakin to the dark side.

By the way I think Ahosoka is intended to be like sixteen or seventeen or so in season 5.

15. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Obi-Wan was 25 in TPM. Ahsoka is 16 in season 5 of TCW.

Quite the difference. Though age does not alter the Force's power, only the ability to control it.

16. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    By arrogance and over-confidence, not because he was weaker. Remember, he also killed a Jedi Master then as well.

V-2 and Sitara like this.
  17. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Wasn't Anakin 19 or so when knighted?
    And with the war they'll need more knights so may speed it up.
    Though 16-17 is too young, maybe Obi Wan will convince the council then she dies.

18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The only reason I'd want Ahsoka knighted is if it was to test Anakin's attachments. The problem you run into then is that he doesn't learn to overcome them, as seen in ROTS. So... I really don't see how a Knighting could work.

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Thanks goodness the Ahsoka's fate poll cannot be updated to include this new "fate" and a new Ahsoka thread is thus generated.

20. Sith_Kingpin

Sith_Kingpin Jedi Padawan

Feb 4, 2013
    Some good points and alternatives. And rumblewagon, I've been signed up to this website for 2 days and used it like 3 times... do you expect me to be familiar with every post in every sub-section? How am I to know people talk about Ahsoka's fate all the time? If I'm breaking any rules the mods can remove my posts. But, if not, then I don't see anything wrong with trying to start a SW debate.

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Are you kidding me?! I love to see as many Ahsoka threads generated as possible! That is also one of her Force powers - to create threads about herself!

The Shadow Emperor and Paparazzo like this.
  22. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Let's throw this out there. Ahsoka could die to save another Jedi (neither Obi Wan or Anakin). This could help fuel the bitterness Anakin has for the Jedi order in Ep III while at the same time giving Ahsoka a heroic death for the cartoon series.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  23. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Or...Ashoka turns out to be a figment of Anakin's and Obi Wan's imagination...like in Fightclub. :D

24. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Well yeah, Grievous and Dooku cannot kill Ahsoka. Otherwise, Anakin would be much angrier at the beginning of ROTS.
    Since they killed off Grievous, Maul or Bane are the only ones who can still kill Ahsoka.

Of course, it is also possible Ahsoka dies during Order 66.

25. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    What would be even better is if they just take each other at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.