main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Who Thinks the Prequel Trilogy is Better than the Originals?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Mace Windu is GOAT, Feb 4, 2016.

?

Which is the best trilogy?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2016.
  1. Prequel

38.0%
  2. Original

37.0%
  3. Sequel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. All of them!

25.0%
  1. Mace Windu is GOAT

Mace Windu is GOAT Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    People who are obsessed with the Prequels like me. :clone:

2. GLStarWarsSaga

GLStarWarsSaga Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    It's hard to choose! I love OT and PT equally as trilogy. Though my fav Ep is ROTS. :)

3. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    Revenge of the Sith is the best.

4. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Love them equally (ESB and ROTS are my fav), but hang around this forum more. Dislike TFA so far. Looking forward to Episodes VIII and IX.

5. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    Yeah... Episode 7 is the worst. Only Lucas can make amazing Star Wars!

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    PT> OT>>>> ST

So far....

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The ST is only one film so far. You are really going to compare it to 2 complete trilogies?
    Lucas had a hand in SW 6 movies compared to one that he didn't and only Lucas can make good SW? Really?

8. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016
    Well, my favorite SW movie is Revenge of the Sith and my least favorite is Return of the Jedi...

...but all that aside, I love both trilogies as they are both needed to tell the story of SW. The sequel trilogy in that sense is not needed, but so far I really liked The Force Awakens!

9. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    It's obviously a great movie (TFA) just not compared to the others.

10. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    They are a Saga. Even though Disney doesn't seem to have this whole concept in mind, its one story. One telling.

For me, the PT reevaluates the OT and vice versa. Both are much deeper due to the PT.

I prefer the PT because of the unique original story telling that has yet to be copied in cinema.

11. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I love the Saga. If I needed to pick a trilogy in a movie marathon, I would gravitate towards watching the PT. that doesn't make them better though.

12. HeadingSouth

HeadingSouth Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    I like the OT and PT about equal.

13. Mace Windu is GOAT

Jan 13, 2016
    What about the ST (so far)?

14. OmegaKhaos

OmegaKhaos Jedi Knight

Nov 16, 2012
    I like both trilogies equally pretty much...both have their strengths and weaknesses...but I definitely enjoy the Prequel era stories a lot more generally...

15. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    We can't really assess the sequel trilogy just yet...I love the original trilogy most, but I still enjoy the prequels a lot overall.

16. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I love both equally for different reasons. :D

Mace Windu is Awesome likes this.
  17. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I look at the saga as a whole. Each trilogies, each episodes support each other. I really liked TFA despite some of my issues with it, but I think it's too early to evaluate it as long as Episodes VIII and IX are not released. But TFA certainly represent a rupture with the previous movies since its story seems to distance itself a lot from what was already told.

18. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

Thats true. I love TFA also but there is no getting around that TFA doesn't do anything to support the past films. Perhaps that is not the theme of the ST.

I just wish TFA added to story rather than detract.

Also, where you at son? Gotta come to the social thread.

19. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I'm currently very busy with life... I have a lot of stuff to do.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  20. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The prequels are in many respects superior to the originals, but over all, the originals are slightly better films to me. Though I prefer to look at it as one saga, since all six films came from Lucas. I'd rather separate the Lucas saga with whatever Disney is cooking...

21. Xenor

Xenor Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2014
    I like the prequels more. By a lot. Anakin is the best.

22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The CT by some margin. Though I don't hate the PT. It has its moments.

TX-20 and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. zisme

zisme Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2016
    OT is my favorite. classic, groundbreaking films that i grew up with.
    I've thoroughly enjoyed TFA thus far (3 theater viewings), and have a good feeling about the ST
    PT - loved TPM when it came out, and still think it's great. AOTC is the weakest SW film imo. ROTS is better, but shares a lot of the qualities of AOTC that i disliked

ESB>ROTJ>SW/ANH>TFA>TPM>ROTS>AOTC

But in the end, it's all SW and there is something to appreciate about each installment

TX-20 likes this.
  24. Mnhay27

Mnhay27 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    My two personal favourite SW films are ANH and ROTS, with the rest all being pretty much evenly behind. So I voted "All of them".

That doesn't strictly reflect my feelings though because I absolutely do NOT put TFA up there with either the OT or PT.

25. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    PT by a distance. It has a lot more going on and it's larger scope make the world feel much more lively and rich and open to examination. After watching the PT I wanted to know more - Why did Qui-Gon use a mind trick on a simple trader, isn't that kind of unethical for a Jedi? How did Padme get elected Queen at such a young age and what does that imply about their culture? That story of Darth Plagieus is interesting - is it true? And what happened to this power? Wait, Anakin told Palpatine about his attack on the Tuskens - so what else have they talked about? There were so many interconnecting threads crammed into these films that it felt like only a passing glimpse was being revealed and it was up to me to examine and speculate and question how everything linked together - a whole world to delve into outside of what was shown on screen. I didn't really get that feeling with the OT. It felt smaller by comparison and it's implications not as far reaching - the scale of it all was never sold to me. Though I'm sure the people who watched it a release felt very differently.

(by the way one thing I found really intriguing with watching Star Wars for the first time in 2015 was how what I have overheard about the story clashed with what I watched; for instance I always figured the Jedi were these heroic one-note saviour types but when watching the prequel films certain scenes just did not align with that assumption and I was forced to do a double-take and really think about what was being shown.)

Thomo93, CoolyFett, jimkenobi and 9 others like this.