who thinks there should be another Starfighter game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by VILLIEMACE, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VILLIEMACE Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does anyone think that there should be another starfighter game? I for one would like there to be. I love playing as Nym and the Havoc is one of the coolest ships out there. I enjoy the commentary between him and Reti the Toydarian in the game.

Anyone else out there think the same as me?
  2. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Yes, but add more advanced function, like countermeasures, advanced controlled of the energy repartition on the shields, engines and guns. In short, make a SW space shooter with the gameplay of Wing Commander Prophecy/Freespace.
  3. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ... i figure there'll be another Starfighter game that'll come out in time for Episode III...The games seem to do quite well, sales-wise..

I enjoy the Stafigther games, but they're much tooo easy...Especially Jedi Starfighter.. Those Force Lightning and Force-Bullet-Time powers REALLY took any challenge out of the game...

I'd like to see a game closer to Wing Commander/Freespace, but wouldn't it be too difficult, without a keyboard, to put all of the controls necessary into a console game?
  4. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    *I* would buy another Starfighter game! :)

Actually, Drew, it seemed to me in Starfighter that most levels I could beat with 1 try, then a few others that would take a week to beat.

Somewhere inbetween would be nice. :-\
  5. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    "wouldn't it be too difficult, without a keyboard, to put all of the controls necessary into a console game?"

Who said I wanted it on a console ? [face_mischief]

But I guess it could be possible, with some tweaking.

I haven't played JS, but S is rather easy, even in hard... Only a few mission are tricky (and in part due to my PC being choppy with Lucasarts space shooters) Well, at least the PC version.
  6. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    They should concentrate on a PT version of X-Wing. Down with arcade shooters! :p
  7. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Down with simulations where you get the opportunity to shoot only one enemy per minute !
  8. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    PrinceXizor, you need to play some of my custom missions. ;)
  9. homeless_jedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    to be honest with you..starfighter games are horrible. they have no re-play value or good graphics. lucasarts is doing a hideous job doing those games..
    dont worry your going to get another type starfighter game..it's called the clone wars.

those games that you just fly around are really easy to make..pretty much you have open space and a ship ...and your just shooting ..umm..yeah that makes it very exciting.
  10. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    If you don't like 'em, don't play 'em! :) No harm done!
  11. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    "those games that you just fly around are really easy to make..pretty much you have open space and a ship ...and your just shooting ..umm..yeah that makes it very exciting."

Same with the sims. Except you don't shoot anything. [face_mischief] Talk about exciting.
  12. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Ditto. :D

(Though I did like XWA, still :) )
  13. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Hey, I didn't say I didn't enjoy it... I did. The first time. :p

Errrm, BTW, wouldn't someone no a cheat to type during a mission to skip it ? (Yeah, I'm an EU fool, and I want to refresh the story, but can't stand to play it again.)

EDIT : Weeeee the codes I find apparently work only with American version of the game. :mad:
  14. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd like another one only if they made it more challenging. Say on the level of RL. I love the story but it seems that everytime I play I'm just watching a movie.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.