Who thought Anakin had terrible pick-up lines?

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by T_C_1_4, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_C_1_4 Jedi Youngling

You also miised somethin' else in the fire place seen.......

......... Padme!!!!!!!!!!

:) :p
  2. LightBird51 Jedi Knight

star 2
    If I would have seen some real suffering on her part my heart would have gone out to her too. :)
  3. T_C_1_4 Jedi Youngling

Some of Padme's lines sucked too.
  4. LightBird51 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh, I see, I misunderstood what you said.
    I guess so far all my focus has been on what Anakin had said and not on Padme. Oh, what an opportunity was lost!
  5. T_C_1_4 Jedi Youngling

One line that Padme said that I thought sucked and was bad was:

'I've been dying a little bit each day ever since you came back into my life.'

Also, I thought this line was okay, but not good:

'I truly..... Deeply...... Love you'

So I guess Anakin and Padme both have their share of bad lines.
  6. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *looks for a wall*
    Ah! Delightful! There's one!
    *Proceeds to bang his head against it*
    *bang*
    They
    *bang*
    weren't
    *bang*
    pick-up*
    *bang*
    lines!!!!!
    *bang*

That's the real trick with all of this. Anakin wasn't in a bar or boat or beach or some other place that starts with a b trying to hit on her. You can meet a girl and not start hitting on her. In fact, I've never once used a pick-up line or hit on a girl and I've had plenty of gfs. same deal with my friend. Anakin wasn't hitting on her, especially in fromt of everybody. He was telling her how he felt. Shocking isn't it? Lando, was hitting on Leia. Han never hit on Leia either. He flirted his ass off, but never hit on her.
    Anakin never had to win her over or get her with pick-up lines. That's like saying 'Hey, I think you're beautiful.' to a girl is a pick up line. It can be a pick up line if said to a girl you just met or don't know or said like Lando's 'You truly belong with us here among the clouds.' But saying it to an old friend you haven't seen in a while isn't.
    Now, wether or not you found the lines good is another matter.
  7. T_C_1_4 Jedi Youngling

I wasn't saying Anakin was hitting on Padme, HE JUSTS HAS SUCKY, CORNY LINES!!!!!

Sorry, I over reacted
  8. T_C_1_4 Jedi Youngling

Anakin had terrible lines in TPM to:

'Are you an angel?'
    'Yiippeee!!!!!!'
  9. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Contrived, that's a judgement call but implausible? No way. It was completly plausible, on both ends. The infatuated kid falling for the older, more sophisticated girl and the young girl falling for the self destructive bad boy in need of emotional support. Implausible? It's textbook. You show me a girl that age who hasn't fallen for a guy like that and I'll show you a lesbian nun.

Yes, implausible. Not being a woman, I don't know how effective they would be. However, all of my women friends who saw the movie said that Anakin is a stalker, not an infatuated young man. This isn't a handful of people either; while it is anecdotal, I think the opinions of 17 of my female friends ought to count for something.

Yes, it is possible for couples to fall in love saying things of these sorts. The difference, and hence the implausibility, is that these couples tend to have been around each other for a long time before such heart to hearts happen. Darth Petulant, a kid when they parted, starts greasing up his hormones the very instant he sees her after ten years, and she gets won over. That's implausible - the guy isn't charming or inexperienced, he's creepy.
  10. LightBird51 Jedi Knight

star 2
    People who use the word stalker to describe Anakin absolutely do not know the true meaning of the word. Anakin was assigned to protect Padme. He had to be with her all the time. She didn't try to get away from him. When she made it clear nothing was going to happen he backed off. People need to think before using the word stalker. Come on now.
  11. DimensionX Force Ghost

star 4
    Why is this Bashers thread still open?

I think T_C_1_4 needed some attention, and he got it. Even if it was negative.

Also they weren't pick up lines IMO.
  12. Brodie123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    "People who use the word stalker to describe Anakin absolutely do not know the true meaning of the word. Anakin was assigned to protect Padme. He had to be with her all the time. She didn't try to get away from him. When she made it clear nothing was going to happen he backed off. People need to think before using the word stalker. Come on now."

When they describe Anakin as a Stalker they are referring to his mannerisms and dialogue. They aren't actually accusing Anakin of stalking Padme`. Can't you people just stop this pitiful semmantic nitpicking? It's tiresome and gets nobody, nowhere.
  13. T_C_1_4 Jedi Youngling

Anakin's character is a stalker
  14. ElfStar Jedi Master

star 4
    "Stop looking at me like that"

"why?"

"It makes me feel uncomfortable"

"Sorry, m'lady"(smiles evilly)

If that doesn't count as some stalker-like behavior I don't know what does.
  15. DimensionX Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin's character is a stalker

**fights terribly to stop from putting my foot in your mouth**
  16. darthjord6 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    He always seems to have an evil grin when he sees Padme. He just wanted to nail her and I guess he gets his chance.
  17. Import_Jedi Chosen One

star 6
    He just wanted to nail her and I guess he gets his chance.

GUESS?? He marries her, for crying out loud :p
  18. JediRuler Jedi Master

star 2
    what about Padme's "I truly, deeply love you" stuff? wasn't that a little bad?

**the whole sand stuff had me laughing for days
  19. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    what about Padme's "I truly, deeply love you" stuff? wasn't that a little bad?

Yes. Yes it was. I have to admit, I liked the rest of that scene, but that line was too much. It wasn't even that terrible a line, but those pauses! Those damn pauses!

PADME: I truly,

(Entire arena scene, including fight with animals)

deeply,

(Entire Jedi battle, as well as the war)

love you. And before we die...

ANAKIN: Hey, guess what? We defeated the animals, fought the droids, and won the battle! We're not going to die after all! Hey, what was that you said about loving me?

PADME: Aw crap.
  20. BlueMules Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think HC knows that those lines ARE embarrising. He himself had said that he wasn't comfortable with some of the lines.

Unfortunately, it shows in the movie......

To make long story short, YES, Anakin has TERRIBLE pick up lines.LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.