main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Who took my sword?" (Jacen, Jaina) very short vig of children and destiny

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: "Who took my sword?"
    Author: brodiew
    Characters: Jacen and Jaina
    Timeframe: around the first Correllian uprising
    Keywords: children and destiny
    Summary: Jaina's sword goes missing.
    Disclaimer: This is all George's jungle.

?Have you seen my sword, Mom?? eight year old Jaina asked, pacing back and forth before her mother.

?No, dear,? Leia answered, unsure of what her daughter was talking about. ?Have you lost your lightsaber??

?No, mom,? Jaina replied, her pinched face and rolling eyes telling Leia that this was something, obviously, different. ?My sword.?

?I hid it, Jaya!? Jacen said, entering the family room from his bedroom. ?You?ll never find it!?

?Give it back, right now, Jacen, or I?ll?? she replied, hardening her face even as it colored a bright scarlet.

?That sword makes you sad, Jaya? Jacen said, his eyes as hard as hers. ?I had to get ride of it.?

?No!? she cried, tears springing from her eyes. ?The Jedi need their sword!?

?We have lightsabers, Jaina,? he said, confused. ?What?s that silver piece of plastic going to do for the Jedi??

?It will save the Jedi in their darkest hour!? she proclaimed. ?Hand it over, now.?

Reluctantly, Jacen ran from the room and soon returned with the three foot, grey, toy. ?I?ll give it to you, but if it makes you sad, again, I?ll ask dad to take it away for good.?

He handed her the sword and, in a swift movement that he didn?t expect, she jabbed him in the gut. In surprise, he doubled over and fell to his knees.

?That wasn?t fair!? he shouted.

?Neither was stealing my sword,? she said with satisfaction. ?That?s how the Sword handles Sith!?

2. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was really cute in a strange sort of way...

Of course in light of LotF and the whole Sword of the Jedi thing, it was a great little foreshadowing.

Great vig, Brodie. =D=

FL @};-

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

The foreshadowing in this was awesome - right up to the end where she sticks Jacen and tells him that's how the sword deals with Sith *laughs*

4. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Lovely :D True to kids, yet true to foreshadowing.

::could I add it to the Twins Index:::?[face_batting]

5. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Very cool in a weird sorta way. At first I thought Jaina had fallen off her rocker a bit until the end where the foreshadowing came in. Very nice.=D= =D=

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004

a play with destinies [face_thinking]
    Jaina with her serching after her being the sword and the eventuallity that Jacen's turn will help her to find it :p so you can say he has hidden it 8-}
    also the "making sad" part - somehow her destiny is to big for her in the beginning and dominates her life.
    the sentence "It will save the Jedi in their darkest hour" might be really true :)
    and the "that's how the sword handles Sith" is just hilarious :D [face_laugh]

greatly done =D=

Mags

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    [face_laugh]

How ominous [face_mischief]

Nice work, brodiew :D

8. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Short and to the point, literally. [face_laugh]

?What?s that silver piece of plastic going to do for the Jedi??

?It will save the Jedi in their darkest hour!?

I like how you turned her title into an actual sword. And with Jacen handing it back she finally grasps what's supposed to be done to fulfull the destiny the Force gave to her back in DW.

*sighs* If only it was this easy for profic Jaina.

Great job. =D=

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very cute!

I guess Jacen will think twice before he hides anything else of Jaina's.

=D= =D==D= =D=

10. HyperionRising

HyperionRising Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2007
  11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was cute, and I totally love that AWESOME foreshadowing! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.